[Western Conference Finals] Lakers vs Timberwolves

rady

Administrator
Staff member
let's start the predictions
can i hear wolves in 6? yup, i made my statement after round one, i'm rooting with minnesota
that would be great, wouldn't it? I'd love to see Spree playing another final, and as for KG, he sure does deserve a champion ring.
on the other squad, i know another guy who would love to get his first ring:
Karl Malone. ok, i know he plays dirty sometimes, and he's hated by all the non-jazz fans, but we have to admit, he was great in those last romantic finals against the bulls :)

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea i think wolves in 6 or 7 as long as sam i am is healthy or decent. they should hack a shaq and use hassell on kobe. hopefully kg can contain malone. payton isnt a real threat. they can win if they play well and have no more injuries.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
you guys are funny. Try Lakers in 4 or 5. I am going with 5.

The Wolves have no answer for Shaq. Who's going to stop him? A 37 year old Johnson, the softest center in the league...Kandi, a short Madsen, a fat Oliver Miller, a PF in a Sf's body...Trent. Shaq is going to dominate this series.

Oh yeah, then there is Kobe. Hassell can't stop Kobe for one play. Did anyone happen to see what Kobe did against Bowen, who is supposed to be the best or second best defender that's a Guard/Forward. Spree is streaky at best and not a strong defender. Kobe will prevent him from going off.

George won't have a problem against Wally, because he is hurt, he has yet to recover fully from his incident with Anderson in the first round. He won't be of much use to the Wolves on either end of the court.

Now for the newbies...

Malone is probably one of the primary reasons the Lakers beat the Spurs, he played excellent defense on what some consider the best player in the world. I know he will be able to do the same against KG. Timmy is considered one of the smartest players in the game, he's a two time MVP and a two time champ. KG is a one time MVP and a one time out of the first rounder...please. KG is a thin weak twig, Malone will abuse him on both ends. Don't think KG will have one game like the 4th quarter in Game 7. Adelman is an idiot. KG scored every point for the Wolves in the 4th in Game 7, and they made no adjustments to try and stop him. KG did nothing Kobe, T-Mac, TD, or any other player along those lines couldn't do. KG had the worst starting PF in the West against him, he might as well have been left unguarded. Webber sucks ever since he got hurt and is the slowest defender I have seen in ages.

Payton will have a big series. Ever since Phil went away from the triangle, Payton has been playing much better defense and offense. Cassell is hurt, his hurt back really limits him. I mean Christies dove right at him and got the ball in Game 7, that shows how immobile he is. Gary is a much better player than Christie, he will really take advantage of this injury and get easy steals and not have to play hard D.

Also, the Spurs had a lot deeper bench than the Wolves, so that should be a relief to the second team on the Lakers.

And last, but not least. Injuries will be one of the reasons this series will be easier than the Spurs one. Hudson is out, he is to the Wolves what B-Jax is to the Kings. Cassell is hurt and very limited, which will require KG to play some point, not a good idea against the Lakers. And Wally isn't 100% yet, so he won't burn LA.

It is two against 4. Spree and KG against Shaq, Kobe, Payton, and Malone. Lakers win by a landslide. If they are going to rely on KG then they are screwed, because he is going to be too tired to help them in Game one, he did too much in Game 7 and they barely have any rest before the play the Lakers.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i dunno about a landslide but all your points were basically valid. cassell is tough and can play through injuries but i dont know how effective he will be. unless kg and spree step up big time la in 5 or 6.

6thman

Benchwarmer
i'd say Lakers in 6!! Cassell feels bad, KG is tired and jhonson won't do anything against the shaq!!

AJD

Benchwarmer
Must win game for Minnesota..they'll lose tonight but the series will end with LA winning in 7.BANK ON IT

rady

Administrator
Staff member
great win minnesota!
where's that guy that kept saying spree sucks?? oh , i forgot, i banned him :)

[web:bd4a3331e6]http://scores.nba.com/games/20040523/LALMIN/boxscore.html[/web:bd4a3331e6]

WiL8000

Rotation player
Hopefully the TWolves can pull out from this series, man I hate the Lakers, but unfortunately I think L.A. will get the better of them. The TWolves will be broken down as the series goes on, by the Lakers relentless offense. If Spree can play to his full potential in this series, the outcome may be different. They have to simply outscore the Lakers at every other position besides center, they cant win down there with Johnson. Garnett and Malone will either even out, or have good nights on alternate evenings, basically a draw. Spree is the key....

WiL8000

Rotation player
Pistons hopefully will win the East, like most Knicks fans I detest the Pacers. Unfortunately for the East, it will most likely be a western team that will win it all.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
BryantDunkGiant said:
If the Lakers win tonight, I can't see the T-Wolves coming back down 3-1

Lakers in 5!

Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with you. If the Lakers win tonight, Minny is history. Kobe had court today so of course he's gonna have a great game.

If Minn won, the East would have had a great shot at the championship, IMO.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Well the Lakers won and guess who went off?

Kobe had 18 points just in the 3rd quarter; 31 points overall.

lal.gif
min.gif

The Lakers should wrap this thing up in Minnesota.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I truly see the Lakers winning it all again. With the roster they have, its in the bag. Its probably the last time all those guys will play together, it will be interesting to see it unfold. I could see Kobe for TMac.