Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cap in @ 56.1 mil

Default Cap in @ 56.1 mil

Great 2 mil more than expected!

Tell me how does this work buying out E Curry when we are under the cap please?

Is it official? Link? Thanks.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just read it on ESPN. Great news! Now lets hope we can find worthy players to spend that dough on.

What Donnie Walsh needs to do this summer is trade Eddy Curry for Janel McCarville.She might not be a high percentage rebounder but she is a good defender in the paint and would stay healthy a lot longer than Curry.

So tell me...

if we buy Curry out, how's that work in terms of our cap space. I think it's counted but probably reduced while opening another roster spot?

where's our Capologist?

give us a break down please.

Holy sh*t!!!!! This is great news!!

Originally Posted by Red
    So tell me...

if we buy Curry out, how's that work in terms of our cap space. I think it's counted but probably reduced while opening another roster spot?

where's our Capologist?

give us a break down please.
    We probably won't buy out Curry now because we have more than enough cap space to get two max contracts without having to buy him out. We can now reserve the option of trading his expiring contract for another player.

But since you asked. Typically teams buy out players for a negotiated amount. This amount can be the full salary but many times it is less. This saves the franchise money and allows the bought out player to pursue another contract.

Most people assumed, if we bought out Curry, that it would be for $1-3 mil below what he is guaranteed. This would have given us another $1-3 mil in cap space.

Make sense?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Holy sh*t!!!!! This is great news!!

We probably won't buy out Curry now because we have more than enough cap space to get two max contracts without having to buy him out. We can now reserve the option of trading his expiring contract for another player.

But since you asked. Typically teams buy out players for a negotiated amount. This amount can be the full salary but many times it is less. This saves the franchise money and allows the bought out player to pursue another contract.

Most people assumed, if we bought out Curry, that it would be for $1-3 mil below what he is guaranteed. This would have given us another $1-3 mil in cap space.

Make sense?
    Could the stars be aligning for Lebron? I know the NBA wants Lebron in NYC.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Could the stars be aligning for Lebron? I know the NBA wants Lebron in NYC.
    I always said that Stern probably had a secret meeting with Lebron and his agent some time in early 2008 to discuss the possibility of becoming a Knick.It all seems to coincidental for the Knicks to go from having the highest payroll in the NBA to being the team with the most cap room in such a quick amount of time.I say Lebron is a Knick before July 8th.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I always said that Stern probably had a secret meeting with Lebron and his agent some time in early 2008 to discuss the possibility of becoming a Knick.It all seems to coincidental for the Knicks to go from having the highest payroll in the NBA to being the team with the most cap room in such a quick amount of time.I say Lebron is a Knick before July 8th.

I'll wager that he isn't...

Originally Posted by RaptorRulz
    I'll wager that he isn't...
    I'll wager that the Craptors have seen Bosh for the last time in a purple gay Barny uniform. BTW...lol at not making the playoffs after all the **** you talked.

I don't know a whole lot about the cap, but great news!

So were we to sign 2 max contracts..say LeBron and Bosh - hypothetically speaking...We'd have the players under contract, Gallo, Chandler, Douglas.. then we'd have to fill the rest of the roster up with players of the bare minimum [or close to that] salaries?

if i was donnie i would'nt buy out curry .... theres a couple of teams looking to be under cap look out for donnie to do a sign&trade

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I'll wager that the Craptors have seen Bosh for the last time in a purple gay Barny uniform. BTW...lol at not making the playoffs after all the **** you talked.
    Even though I was really looking forward for a response to my post, I find this post hilarious.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Even though I was really looking forward for a response to my post, I find this post hilarious.
    lol...dude is asking for it still posting on a Knicks forum. Talked mad **** and they didn't even make the 8th.