Curry: Waive me goodbye NY POST

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Embattled Eddy Curry told The Post he hopes the Knicks waive him if he is not in their plans for next season.
The Knicks' star-crossed center, who has played 10 games in two seasons, said he would not take less money to go away.
"I'm not taking a buyout, so that's not happening," Curry told The Post. "Definitely not. They can try to trade me if they wanted to. I hope it doesn't come to that.
"But I would just hope that if it came down to it, especially going into a contract year, that if [coach Mike D'Antoni] knows this wasn't the right place for me, they would make the right decision. Other than that, I'll do everything I can to be ready."

Paul1355

All Star
Embattled Eddy Curry told The Post he hopes the Knicks waive him if he is not in their plans for next season.
The Knicks' star-crossed center, who has played 10 games in two seasons, said he would not take less money to go away.
"I'm not taking a buyout, so that's not happening," Curry told The Post. "Definitely not. They can try to trade me if they wanted to. I hope it doesn't come to that.
"But I would just hope that if it came down to it, especially going into a contract year, that if [coach Mike D'Antoni] knows this wasn't the right place for me, they would make the right decision. Other than that, I'll do everything I can to be ready."

I hate this guy even more after this B.S!

He is in no position to say anything...he is making 11 million for doing NOTHING and he is complaining about being buyout??? Atleast he will get money

This shows that Curry cares all about the $$$

We can use his contract for a trade...many teams want to dump some player for cap space...let's make it happen with Curry....get rid of him

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
i just lost all my respect for this guy, well the little i had in him.. I understand you are trying to make your money but damn he really said not to buy him out just waive.. he really thinks we will just let him go with 11 mil.?

New New York

Quiet Storm
What the hell is he talking about " the right decision"! The right decision is to send him away from the team until the 2011 trade deadline and then try to make a deal for him then! If no deals come about then he gets his buyout

What he is saying is that Donnie Walsh should cut him a check for the full amount of his final year, forfieting any potential trades just as a nice gesture to him! What has he done for this team to deserve such a favor!

At least he is not totally detached from reality which evidenced by him saying The Knicks should "try" to trade him which shows he is aware of his low value around the league.

Its funny how he is worried about his contract year now! Two years ago Eddy all you were suppossed to do was show up at camp in shape and you wouldve been in the plans, since then it has been an uphill climb, but now you expect PT or a buyout because it is "contract year"

Look you and the pick Utah gets this year represents Isiah's last mistake, just sit down and shut up.....forget about a buyout!

You want PT or a trade come into shape and ready to play!

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Am sick and tired of bashing curry but damn he's a stupid morron ....am freakin surprised this guy made it out of high school .. With that 11 mil you have we can trade your greasy ass and get some good players hope this bastard rottens on the bench till sign and trade if he thinks he's gonna get waived he gotta other thing coming walsh wont let that happen.... Look at the players we let go for nothin marbury,ariza,zach,craw,darko,hughes

nk11

Benchwarmer
i hate curry, its his own fault for, at one point, being the fattest n*gga in the league and not realizing all the potential he had...but hes had bad shit happen to him in his personal life...and i can't blame him for wanting his full 11 million...he has no idea when his next paycheck will come or if he'll ever get one. let him rock and trade his expiring.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How can a former top 10 center have the gaul to single out others to "make the right decision" after ruining his own career with gluttony?

I hate that fat turd

iSaYughh

Starter
The day we trade Curry and get an actual player in return will be a glorious one. The single worst trade in all of sports that I can remember.

If he can be a cog in getting us goods (Collison? Okefur? Paul...?) it will truly show that the era of ignorance and disgrace (Isiah) has not just been replaced, but entirely revolutionized, by the new blood in our org.

He will rot on someone else's bench now; the time to pass him along like a cheap 3bit whore is upon us.

moneyg

Starter
what an idiot. the best move for us is to trade his expiring contract and maybe another guy like td to the warriors for monta ellis.

we could possibly have lebron, bosh and ellis starting. fill out the roster with whoever:smokin:

knicksin60

Starter
These are the kind of things that happen when you allow morbidly obese players to play in the NBA.The only time that Curry should be opening his mouth is when he is sitting at the dinner table.Seriously, I hope he becomes so broke that he ends up spending long cold winter nights under the 59th street bridge.This buffoon is the reason why the NBA should enforce a rule that allows teams to void the contracts of useless players.No NBA organization should suffer through 6 seasons of having a guy cripple their payroll by contributing nothing.I bet John Paxson was laughing his behind off after Isiah Thomas used the Knicks as a garbage dump for Eddy Curry and his contract.I'm surprised that the MSG crowd hasn't thrown McDonald's wrappers on the Knicks court in the few times that Curry has taken the floor.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
This fat bastard opening his mouth, I bet this exclusive interview took place at White Castle over a case of 48 sliders. Everything he can to be ready he says, ready for what the Coney Island Hot Dog eating competition? This must be the biggest waste of time and money in all of sports let alone basketball and that pains me to say considering we had Jerome James on our roster. He needs to be skinned alive and thrown into a vat of salt.