Sign-and-trade lead plan for Bosh?

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Bryan Colangelo talking to Raptors Republic wrote:
?It?s the biggest unknown in our situation right now. I would still embrace the notion and fully intend to talk about him staying a Raptor and talk about the things that might happen with this thing should he stay. And talk about the possible success we can have here and why Toronto?s the right place for Chris Bosh. That will happen in due time, but that?s the big unknown?he negotiated for the flexibility and he got it, they?re going to take their time. One guy might dictate what the next guy does and so on so forth, Lebron might be the big domino but Chris is a big piece for us to determine what we do. There are certain things we?ll be pursuing in the coming months that might address things on our team with or without Chris. We remain Chris Bosh?s best option to maximize his contract potential? (referring to sign-and-trade)

?We have agreed that regardless of whether or not he stays, we?ll be working together and talking. We?ll be assessing what options we have but it?s not often that a young athlete walks away from a significant amount of money and that?s the difference between him working for us and?doing a sign-and-trade. There are no answers until after July 1st?

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/04/19/bryan-colangelo-press-conference-12pm-est-live-blog/

Let the speculation start.

Bosh is due $17,149,243 next year in a player option. So, I'll say ...

Chris Bosh ($17.15M) for Wilson Chandler ($2.13M), David Lee (S&T $12.00M), and cash.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We can offer just Lee because we're under the cap and don't need to match salaries, saving Toronto approx $5M in the deal.

Not sure if Bosh alone is worth the loss of Lee.

This'd be an anti climatic result to 2 years of festering basketball just to get Bosh.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Bosh is good but I really don't think he's all that much better than Lee. At first there was a lot of hype about Lee but he's earned his stripes averaging a double double for nearly the entire season. Financially it doesn't make sense to pay top dollar for Bosh when Lee will take 10-12 million per year. I'd much rather see Amare in a Knicks uniform than Bosh.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Bosh is good but I really don't think he's all that much better than Lee. At first there was a lot of hype about Lee but he's earned his stripes averaging a double double for nearly the entire season. Financially it doesn't make sense to pay top dollar for Bosh when Lee will take 10-12 million per year. I'd much rather see Amare in a Knicks uniform than Bosh.
Just curious, why would you prefer Amare over Bosh?

Both are elite talents in my opinion.

My only knocks on Amare are his injury history, age, and size. He plays better at PF as shown by his individual numbers while Shaq played for the Suns along side him.

He runs the floor well, fits well in D'Antoni's system, and has obviously has success in this offense. He can shoot a bit and can rebound as well.

I'm for Bosh though because Bosh plays solid defense (shot blocking, and team defense), can shoot with range out to the 3-point line (Bosh's three vs. the Lakers was an eye opener), and he can put up a double double that is superior to Lee's double double. Not to mention he has no significant injuries, and is younger than Amare.

Both are good options, I would just like to hear as to why you'd prefer Amare.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
If we are not able to get bosh neither amare i hope david lee works on his defense this off season ... It seems to me every year he adds anothe element to his game i hope is his defense next and not that 3 pointer he wants to work on

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
Ny not a likely destination.. especially if you guys dont land LBJ... yo dont have the horses colangelo will want... Chicago and Miami have more to offer.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
Bosh will leave the raptors anyway.

So ... Lee for Bosh is good for both !!!
\
Bosh is not leaving the Raptors.. and if he does he will do a sign and trade... what makes you think he will want to come to NY as the only marquee guy there?? does he think he has a bnetter chance of winnin g with douglas, duhon walker and galinari??? This is the real world bud.

Deng/ Noah for Bosh is good
Beasley/ Haslem for Bosh is good

Lee at 9M is good.. on your team not ours.

You guys can't wait to get rid of Lee why would we want him when we could get so much more???

Bosh want to win championship(s)... can go to teams with studs and compete for a title... goes to nyk competeing for lottery and maybe in 4-5 years a chance at a title, and with his knees... wont be much a factor then anyways.

NYKing

Rookie

Dude, no one will offer it to the raptors.

If not any good proposal for the raptors, he can just say bye-bye.

Bosh can not even go to the Knicks, the Raptors but he is not ... already got all the money he had to get canadians.

Last edited:

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer

Dude, no one will offer it to the raptors.

If not any good proposal for the raptors, he can just say bye-bye.

Bosh can not even go to the Knicks, the Raptors but he is not ... already got all the money he had to get canadians.

This has to be the poorest excuse for grammar I have read on this site, you make no sense, but since it's 4/20 I'll let it slide. I just hope english is not your first language.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
\
Bosh is not leaving the Raptors.. and if he does he will do a sign and trade... what makes you think he will want to come to NY as the only marquee guy there?? does he think he has a bnetter chance of winnin g with douglas, duhon walker and galinari??? This is the real world bud.

Lee at 9M is good.. on your team not ours.

You guys can't wait to get rid of Lee why would we want him when we could get so much more???

Bosh want to win championship(s)... can go to teams with studs and compete for a title... goes to nyk competeing for lottery and maybe in 4-5 years a chance at a title, and with his knees... wont be much a factor then anyways.

You're such a tard.

Why the **** wouldn't Bosh leave the Raptors after such a pitiful season? If anything, all he's done is proven that he's not worth a max contract as the best player on an anti climatic team. The Raptors are a joke. They won 8 more games than the Knicks with a stacked team in the Eastern Conference.

If he's holding the reigns on the court, then why did the Raptors horse bolt? Because he's just not hard enough is why! And hasn't it been made blatantly clear that Bosh wants to be the marquee player wherever he plays? Marquee players make marquee plays in marquee PLAYOFF series behind marquee grit and determination. FAIL. Homo.

So keep giving yourself sleeping princesses about Chris Bosh, but whether or not he stays or goes, he doesn't deserve max money because he failed to slap his team in to order and let down all those with aspirations of a good season from a stacked team.

And don't knock Knick fans about their Grammar either with posts like that.

Douche.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
My origianl point was into response that someone suggested that a trade for bosh, involving
Eddie curry for Bosh straight up. Which is absolutley ridiculous. Whether bosh stays or leaves
I don't understand that anyone in their right mind as a GM would make that deal. Just becasue NYK
Had a incompetent one (IMO) n doesn't mean that is the norm. Its easier for Bosh to go to a team
With a estabished studs and grit as you said. And NYK lack badly in all areas. So likely choices
For CB4 to go to would be teams like that. CHI and MIA come to mind, teams with good young
Talent and are willing to part with to land a stud like Bosh. Boston did it, and LA did it. This is
a copy-cat league, and teams close will part with young talent to win a title.

So a Bosh for Noah or Beasly, is easily attaianble.

I aggree the Raps had a better team than there record showed, but sometimes this happens
In bball, no excuses they sucked and they know it, I mean I don't have to tell you that NYK, has
Had 9 losing seans within those seasons NYK has the highest payroll in the league, that doesn't say
Much about NYK as an organization, if you look at it the Raps have had a better organization than
NYK for a decade, so whatever negative this you say about the Raps, its only magnifed that
The knicks have been worse.

These FA's said they want to win championships, and unfortunately, the Knicks and the Raps
are a long long long ways away, there are teams that are one player away from winning it all,
NYK is about 4 or 5 players away. So from a one player away winning a championships perspective
NYK=FAIL.

You better hope LBJ comes otherwise its a wrap.
And I honestly didn't mean to come of douchey, I honestly didn't understand what that guy said
In response.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Trust me, I think the plan's basically fingered anyway.

At this stage, it's looking like a trade that involves a varied combination of Lee, Curry, Chandler, Walker and Douglas.

As far as players indicating that championships come first, then that's speculative. I'm not stupid enough to be saying that's not the top of the mountain, but there are plenty of plateaus (fame & fortune) on the way there.

I think that whole "vote for me as an All Star" campaign is evidence enough to say that Bosh's interest in big money cities can't be ignored. He wants that fame and fortune. New York has enough cap flexibility to see him get it as the top player on the team, never mind the fan fare of Hoop Mecca.

Toronto are what? $10M over the cap? No flexibility there in with a losing team and little chance of getting any improvement from any players bar DeRozan.

I'm sure Bosh is thinking outwardly.

Paul1355

All Star
Bryan Colangelo talking to Raptors Republic wrote:
?It?s the biggest unknown in our situation right now. I would still embrace the notion and fully intend to talk about him staying a Raptor and talk about the things that might happen with this thing should he stay. And talk about the possible success we can have here and why Toronto?s the right place for Chris Bosh. That will happen in due time, but that?s the big unknown?he negotiated for the flexibility and he got it, they?re going to take their time. One guy might dictate what the next guy does and so on so forth, Lebron might be the big domino but Chris is a big piece for us to determine what we do. There are certain things we?ll be pursuing in the coming months that might address things on our team with or without Chris. We remain Chris Bosh?s best option to maximize his contract potential? (referring to sign-and-trade)

?We have agreed that regardless of whether or not he stays, we?ll be working together and talking. We?ll be assessing what options we have but it?s not often that a young athlete walks away from a significant amount of money and that?s the difference between him working for us and?doing a sign-and-trade. There are no answers until after July 1st?

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/04/19/bryan-colangelo-press-conference-12pm-est-live-blog/

Let the speculation start.

Bosh is due $17,149,243 next year in a player option. So, I'll say ...

Chris Bosh ($17.15M) for Wilson Chandler ($2.13M), David Lee (S&T $12.00M), and cash.
Bosh aint worth 17 million....I would rather have Lee for 12 million a year and save another 5 Mil than pay Bosh all that money

p0nder

Starter
I'm fairly confident that Bosh wants to go to a team that, not only will pay him the big money, but will also add more talent around him then the raptors ever did (in 7 years of playing for them?) Even if it means they will go into the luxury tax to do so.

Dolan has deep pockets and is willing to spend to put a great team on the floor. Donnie is committed entirely to this 2010 free agency class, so don't look for them to save room for the next offseason. They are going to pull out all the stops to put a strong team on the floor. So you can't really use our current roster against us (esecially when it's been stripped of a lot of talent just so we can be in this postion). All of this has to be appealing to a guy like Bosh who wants the money, fame, titles and legacy. Even second rate talents in NY like Lee and Crawford get huge boosts in popularity playing for the knicks for a few years. Bosh would shine.

What our resident Raptors fan fails to realize is that it's not up to the Raptors where Bosh goes. So despite the fact that he/raptors management feels Noah/Deng or Haslem/Beasley are better options for the raptors is a moot point. It's up to Bosh. I can't see him wanting to stay in T.O. after missing the playoffs with the team they felt was a competitive and worthwhile team. They sat in 5th place at the all-star break and then fell apart.

So Bosh would like to land else where. I don't see Chicago as his destination and I really think it's between playing in Miami with Wade or coming to NY and playing with other top tier talent. Again it remains to be seen what will go down but when the dust settles I'm pretty confident that Bosh will be a Knick and at the very least he won't be a raptor. Wave good by to your franchise again Raptor fans!

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
Trust me, I think the plan's basically fingered anyway.

At this stage, it's looking like a trade that involves a varied combination of Lee, Curry, Chandler, Walker and Douglas.

As far as players indicating that championships come first, then that's speculative. I'm not stupid enough to be saying that's not the top of the mountain, but there are plenty of plateaus (fame & fortune) on the way there.

I think that whole "vote for me as an All Star" campaign is evidence enough to say that Bosh's interest in big money cities can't be ignored. He wants that fame and fortune. New York has enough cap flexibility to see him get it as the top player on the team, never mind the fan fare of Hoop Mecca.

Toronto are what? $10M over the cap? No flexibility there in with a losing team and little chance of getting any improvement from any players bar DeRozan.

I'm sure Bosh is thinking outwardly.

I would have to agree.. CHI is a big money city as well, Bosh has the fortune, he's made about 100M playing for the raps he's prob due another 120M on his next contract... I honestly think he wants a ring, also I believe Bosh is not a guy that can carry a team by himself. He's a complementary player, otherwise he would of taken us to the playoffs a few times in his career. I can't in recent memory think of, a team with only a stud PF winning it all. Usually teams with a stud SG and or a C, win it all. So Bosh will look where he can win it all, if he were to go to Chicago, paired with Rose, he would get the fame and likely a much better chance of winning it all. NYK landing bosh solely rests on LBJ, short of that he will go elsewhere. Either way if he stays or he goes the raps will have or acquire a premier young player, to go along with Demar and Bargs.

Cheers

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

In order of probability, Bosh's likely destinations are:

Impossible to predict. But I do think that out of the 4 likely spots (Miami, Chicago, NY and Toronto) that a return to Toronto is unlikely.

It's not like Toronto are going to let him slip without a return though. Out of all of the above teams NY has the best straight up trade, followed closely by Chicago with Deng and Noah.

But Deng is making big cash through to 2014. If they were to trade for Lee, they could dictate the terms of his new contract as well as taking on Wilson Chandler. Chandler can match Deng's numbers in a blind fit IF he wants to.

Both teams (NY + Chi) can take on additional salary without having to match because both will be under the salary cap. But would Chicago want to trade Noah? And do Toronto need him with Bargnani at the 5? Shifting Bargs to the 4 would be a decent call where he can take his defender out of the paint and leave Noah inside.....Possibility.....

If Toronto traded Bosh for a package including the Heat's Beasley, that'd be 1000% moronic. Pat Riley: "Thanks for trading Chris. Michael's on his way to the Air Center now. He likes his crack presented in a putor cup before warm ups".

Regardless, Toronto seem less and less likely to keep Bosh IMO.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
^

In order of probability, Bosh's likely destinations are:

Impossible to predict. But I do think that out of the 4 likely spots (Miami, Chicago, NY and Toronto) that a return to Toronto is unlikely.

It's not like Toronto are going to let him slip without a return though. Out of all of the above teams NY has the best straight up trade, followed closely by Chicago with Deng and Noah.

But Deng is making big cash through to 2014. If they were to trade for Lee, they could dictate the terms of his new contract as well as taking on Wilson Chandler. Chandler can match Deng's numbers in a blind fit IF he wants to.

Both teams (NY + Chi) can take on additional salary without having to match because both will be under the salary cap. But would Chicago want to trade Noah? And do Toronto need him with Bargnani at the 5? Shifting Bargs to the 4 would be a decent call where he can take his defender out of the paint and leave Noah inside.....Possibility.....

If Toronto traded Bosh for a package including the Heat's Beasley, that'd be 1000% moronic. Pat Riley: "Thanks for trading Chris. Michael's on his way to the Air Center now. He likes his crack presented in a putor cup before warm ups".

Regardless, Toronto seem less and less likely to keep Bosh IMO.

Love the Beasley quote, yes it would be moronic, but I feel CHI would be willing to give up Noah for Bosh, moving Bargs to PF, instantly makes them better. D.Lee is an unrestricted free agent so I believe they would have as much bargaining power as they have for Bosh, would D.Lee really want to come here? He would have to take a contract that is fair 9-11M range, if he had a choice?? I don't know, Noah is under contract for a couple more seasons so it would be easier for him to buy into Toronto, he would have to play lights out for the remainder of his contract in order to get maxiumum value on his next contract.. and should it be a bosh thing all over again the raps can get another young player for him. Those comments he made about nothing going on in CLE was mad funny. Toronto on the other hand is a major party city (if you're into that..ask Hedo called in sick cause he was partying too much what a tard.) there was an article in the wall Street Journal, I posted here that says as much. So a Noah/Bargs and Hedo front court with Demar and hopefully the raps draft a PG, can make for a very exciting team and the money we would save would allow us to resign players like amir... or sign a decent gritty player to add in the mix. And I agree with your point Bosh
staying in Toronto is unlikely.