Make A Move For Draft Picks If Nothing Else Works?

New New York

Quiet Storm
The problem with that is that we only have maybe two players who would get us a first rounder (Wilson and Gallo)

And Walker and Douglas are probably only worth a second rounder....well maybe considering Walker's low salary a team would give up a late first that would be making the same amount as him.

But no one on our team would be worth a lottery pick, so I do like the idea in theory, but a bunch a future mid first rounders would only amount to the type of team we currently have!

Then again....if we were to sign and trade David Lee to a lottery team over the cap (ie. Utah for the pick of ours they have this year) that would be smart.

Jason Kappono Willie Green and their pick (likely the 6th) this year For Lee would work

Or TJ Ford Solomon Jones and the 10th pick for Lee would work to.

Who knows?

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Man this draft is pretty deep with big man we can definitly get two good solid players in da 2nd round.... Donnie did talk about he might maybe buy a late 1st rounder

Paul1355

All Star
Well?I'm gonna stay positive, but this might be out best chance at rebuilding.
The Thunder are awesome because of draft picks...not signing free agents...

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Green are all draft picks....we should try to get a top pick or something lucrative

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Every time Donnie's on the radio he specifically says he chose to go this route (getting under the cap) so we didn't have to wait years to build from draft picks.

Something will work. We don't go through what we did the last few years and back away now.

iSaYughh

Starter
The Thunder -- a paradigm -- also got a 1x/decade luckout walking into Durant. And it still has been an acimulation of 4 top lotto picks, multiple years, and they are still a 1sy round bustout of playoffs.

And again, they received a true godsend in Durant.

Drafting is NOT the way to go or us (especially since we will be relinquishig the little talent we have for these picks)

Have faith. This OS is ripe and we are primed. I guess if the apocolyose hits we'd need to look to picks...even then:

I'd rather sit and wait but 1 yr for a new FA-or-bust-bonanaza if a apocolyose hits and sit on what talent we do have vs risking it on a deaft&pray course.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There's nothing wrong with drafting but the problem with us is that we have no draft pick and trading for a draft pick would require us to dump either Wilson Chandler or Danilo Gallinari.

I don't want to dump either of those players for a draft pick, especially since I think we can trade Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry and cash to the Hornets for Okafor and Collison rather than trade Chandler for a draft pick