Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Brad Miller: I'm not going to NY

  1. #1
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Brad Miller: I'm not going to NY

    well, that's a relief.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thank You Basketball Gods :P

  3. #3
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Who the **** cares about this dude?
    It's about the big names I care about.
    He didn't take the Bulls to the next level.

  4. #4
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This does say something about players being attracted to the bright lights of NY. Although Miller is just a spec on our wish list, I believe most players share his sentiment.

  5. #5
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This does say something about players being attracted to the bright lights of NY. Although Miller is just a spec on our wish list, I believe most players share his sentiment.
    Nah: Can you really see him...


    ... in New York City?

  6. #6
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Nah: Can you really see him...


    ... in New York City?
    I can see him here under the right circumstance. However, i'm not lobbying for him or anything. My point was just that he's not swayed by having the opportunity to play in NYC. He's just fine staying in Chicago. I just think the mystic of playing in NYC at the Garden isn't what it used to be ever since the team went to sh*t. Other players in better competitive situations may very well stay put. Joe Johnson is a more recent example. (although he could change his mind...but still)

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This does say something about players being attracted to the bright lights of NY. Although Miller is just a spec on our wish list, I believe most players share his sentiment.
    I agree with you, the Knicks do not really have anything to offer these FAs except for money and basically the city of New York. There are plenty of other places that are far more attractive than NY. I have a bad feeling about this summer, its not about not signing the so called big names FAs to max contracts but making mistakes by signing FAs to max contracts that aren't worth max. Most of the big names FAs are leaning towards signing with their own team, which makes FAs like David Lee, Rudy Gay and Amares 's value rise. I rather the Knicks keep their money this season instead of making a critical mistake that will cripple them in the future.

  8. #8
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by XH20X
    I agree with you, the Knicks do not really have anything to offer these FAs except for money and basically the city of New York. There are plenty of other places that are far more attractive than NY. I have a bad feeling about this summer, its not about not signing the so called big names FAs to max contracts but making mistakes by signing FAs to max contracts that aren't worth max. Most of the big names FAs are leaning towards signing with their own team, which makes FAs like David Lee, Rudy Gay and Amares 's value rise. I rather the Knicks keep their money this season instead of making a critical mistake that will cripple them in the future.
    Good point.

    There's a ton of pressure on Donnie to deliver this offseason, so I don't think we'll be seeing any money being spared.

  9. #9
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I can see him here under the right circumstance. However, i'm not lobbying for him or anything. My point was just that he's not swayed by having the opportunity to play in NYC. He's just fine staying in Chicago. I just think the mystic of playing in NYC at the Garden isn't what it used to be ever since the team went to sh*t. Other players in better competitive situations may very well stay put. Joe Johnson is a more recent example. (although he could change his mind...but still)
    It might do the trick for some guys. However, a guy that enjoys bow-hunting might be put off by the idea of living in NYC.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks mull Brad Miller at center
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2010, 16:45
  2. Walsh Meets w/ Andre Miller
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 21, 2009, 18:18
  3. Bulls get Brad Miller and John Salmons
    By knickzrulezH20 in forum NBA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2009, 19:48
  4. Would you trade Zach for Brad Miller?
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Nov 05, 2008, 00:56
  5. Boy, Miller glad to join Nuggets
    By rady in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 03, 2003, 14:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •