Knicks mull Brad Miller at center

knicksin60

Starter
The question that I have a difficult time trying to figure out is, why was Donnie Walsh interested in a 34 year old Larry the Cable Guy look-alike who is a poor shot blocker? Was Donnie trying to build the Knicks like the Utah Jazz by potentially signing Brad Miller and making him a poor man's Mehmet Okur and then going after Carlos Boozer? Seems to me like that would have been a plan B for Donnie had the Lebron dream came to an end.

How could Donnie say that the number one reason for the Knicks getting far under the cap is so that he could have a lot of options available to him when a fair amount of his options are already disappearing? Is Donnie trying to build another team of role players? Because aside from Lebron James, there aren't many superstars that are infatuated by NY and the idea of playing for the Knicks.I'm sure that if MSG was the Mecca of Basketball, free agents would want to play here instead of for second rate cities like Portland, San Antonio, and Phoenix.I wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne Wade decides to re-sign with the Heat or joins the Bulls before mid-May.At least a lot of Knick fans would be getting their hearts broken in the Spring rather than in the Summer.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Miller does not want to come to NY

Bulls center Brad Miller might not be the sexiest name of the pending available free agents this summer, but he reportedly is drawing some interest from a few squads.
We've previously mentioned the Rockets could be after him, and the Knicks, now that Marcus Camby has re-upped with the Blazers, could covet his services as well.
But after the Bulls were knocked out of the playoffs last night, Miller told the Chicago Tribune this about the Knicks: "I'm not going to New York."
About the Bulls, Miller also said to the paper: "This is definitely one of the teams on my small list that I'm very interested in. But I'm in a good situation and realistic about my worth. I'm not worried about having to chase money. I can go to the situation that's best for me. I've had security for a long time. I'm assuming there will be interest but you never know."
Miller has previously stated that he'll play for a low salary, and at 34 years of age, he doesn't have many years left. But he told the paper a two-year deal with a third year player option would be ideal.
Right now, we'll give the edge to the Bulls. Miller is "very interested." He was solid and steady behind Joakim Noah in the Bulls' rotation this season, and it's a fair assumption that if they can bring him back on the cheap, they'll do so.
Miller is also a Midwest guy: He's from Fort Wayne, Ind., and played college ball at Purdue.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I'm not hating on Miller. He's a good backup center. But he would have no place in New York. I think Donnie is going to have to find a diamond in the rough in the draft (Whiteside, Alabi, Orton etc). I doubt we'll be able to get a good CENTER (not PF) through FA.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm not hating on Miller. He's a good backup center. But he would have no place in New York. I think Donnie is going to have to find a diamond in the rough in the draft (Whiteside, Alabi, Orton etc). I doubt we'll be able to get a good CENTER (not PF) through FA.
Buying the Hawks 22nd pick sounds like the best idea....3 million for it i think.

I would do that in a heart beat.....and if Donnie would pay 3 million for Toney Douglas while he was in debt, you better believe that he'd pay money for draft picks with all the extra money he has now.