Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Mike D'Antoni The Meter Is Running

  1. #31
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Because you seem to need my attention. Now you got it.
    Says the poster who creates entire threads dedicated to me and screams my name out in more posts then a girl climaxing...


    Amare ALREADY discredited your poorly founded assertions. But yet you argue. We call that stuborness son. Add Corny to your profile.
    Amare gave his biased opinion and nothing more. I already showed how he averages less blocks now then he did under D'ant and how they continue to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Stats don't lie..humans do. I have the stats on my side and you have your ignorance. Enjoy!

    See I told you, can't help but embarrass yourself can you? Nash & Amare are similar to our core?
    Reading is not your strong suit huh? They have a similar core to the one they had under D;ant. Notice how I was talking about the Suns then and the Suns now...pick up a book and put down the lead paint chips you snack on and you might not further embarrass yourself. Oh the irony...you attempt to embarrass me but in the process further expose yourself. You are comedic gold!

    See this: "I astutely show that the Suns even under a different coach retain the similar if not same exact identity"? That was my point that you argued but yet reiterated. That's not a gotcha moment...
    it's a stop wasting everyones time Trill moment.
    You're a RED nosed clown. You were making an argument that a team must conform to some predefined identity and used the KNicks, Steelers and Yanks as evidence. I completely countered that assertion and now you want to pretend you were making my point? GTFOH! I already quoted 2 contradictory posts you made that show you are arguing with yourself. Allow me to step back and lets see which version of Red win out...

    Your propensity for arguing is femanine and annoying.
    Coming from the poster who creates threads in my honor, calls me out and cries about the Knicks every chance she gets. Keep projecting my little child...in 1080P no less!

    I would say you seem frustrated, foolish and biased towards your great white hypes (D'ant,Gal,Lee). But hey it all leads to the same conclusion right?
    Boom goes the dynamite! And the race card hath been played!



    I should have know that you couldn't stay on topic and debate the merits. Tell tale sign of someone who is losing a debate...they play the race card! You fail and this seals the deal. I will assume if Gallo, D'ant and Walsh were black you would be defending them...AMIRITE?

  2. #32
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    forget d'antoni... I'm just waiting for the free agency period to begin...

  3. #33
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Lol Trill and Red, you guys have been going at it for a good couple of months now.


    But I'm with Sly. July 1st could be the defining day in Knicks history.

    And let's get Dant some talent before we crucify him.

  4. #34
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    July 1st can't come soon enough..hopefully some big pieces will fall into place on that Tuesday morning.

  5. #35
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    if we dont get a big name then this will be worse than the Isiah Saga

  6. #36
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    if we dont get a big name then this will be worse than the Isiah Saga
    No it wont...atleast we wont be stuck with horrible contracts for the next decade. We wont need to match salaries in trades, and will have the ability to go after whoever we want moving forward.

  7. #37
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Amare gave his biased opinion and nothing more. I already showed how he averages less blocks now then he did under D'ant and how they continue to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Stats don't lie..humans do. I have the stats on my side and you have your ignorance. Enjoy
    Ah... ya think Amare's opinion is biased, after all he did play for D'Antoni right? But I guess your the authority on what's valid, not the former player right. Your getting desperate.

    A Stat is a measurable used to misconstru in arguing. Had you been aware... you would have known this. What the "stats" don't say is Amare is coming off major injuries and to credit D'Antoni for whatever his blocks per were is pathetic. I'm almost mad I dedicated .001% to sh*t on your rediculous claims. But some one has to right?

    And I thought you were saying PHX and the NYK's had a comparable core. I was mistaken, that's easy for me to admit... lesson #10 son. Good thing you didn't say that one.

    You were making an argument that a team must conform to some predefined identity and used the KNicks, Steelers and Yanks as evidence.
    Realize young one, I simply used them as an example to make a point- one that wasn't even directed at you. Here are more examples you can use to make yourself look silly... NY is known for being fast paced, knowledgeable fans (except you), and little patience.

    I am not making an argument that teams need to comform to anything... wake up McFly... that was your poor attempt at turning my opinion into one. See a pattern here? Needs to conform? SMH damn pathetic.

    Hey pal... the "race card" is a phrase used to describe veiled racism. I never called you racist. (that cpu in Florida hasn't been used much has it). I simply pointed out your affinity for three members of the Knicks who happen to be white- hence your hype.

    I could go on, but I know you'll continue posting and proving how frustrated and argumentative you are. It's getting sad.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anyone who wants D'Antoni out now or who thinks he's done a bad job is being stupid. Look at our roster and tell me who would do much better. I mean seriously.

  9. #39
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Ah... ya think Amare's opinion is biased, after all he did play for D'Antoni right? But I guess your the authority on what's valid, not the former player right. Your getting desperate.

    A Stat is a measurable used to misconstru in arguing. Had you been aware... you would have known this. What the "stats" don't say is Amare is coming off major injuries and to credit D'Antoni for whatever his blocks per were is pathetic. I'm almost mad I dedicated .001% to sh*t on your rediculous claims. But some one has to right?

    And I thought you were saying PHX and the NYK's had a comparable core. I was mistaken, that's easy for me to admit... lesson #10 son. Good thing you didn't say that one.


    Realize young one, I simply used them as an example to make a point- one that wasn't even directed at you. Here are more examples you can use to make yourself look silly... NY is known for being fast paced, knowledgeable fans (except you), and little patience.

    I am not making an argument that teams need to comform to anything... wake up McFly... that was your poor attempt at turning my opinion into one. See a pattern here? Needs to conform? SMH damn pathetic.

    Hey pal... the "race card" is a phrase used to describe veiled racism. I never called you racist. (that cpu in Florida hasn't been used much has it). I simply pointed out your affinity for three members of the Knicks who happen to be white- hence your hype.

    I could go on, but I know you'll continue posting and proving how frustrated and argumentative you are. It's getting sad.
    Smh... Opinions outweigh stats now...someone didnt finish law school. Oh boy. You're just ****ting on the entire forum of people huh? You're just too good.

  10. #40
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,486
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Hey pal... the "race card" is a phrase used to describe veiled racism. I never called you racist. (that cpu in Florida hasn't been used much has it). I simply pointed out your affinity for three members of the Knicks who happen to be white- hence your hype.
    Where's the veil here?

    There's a fail here.

    But no veil here.

  11. #41
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Ah... ya think Amare's opinion is biased, after all he did play for D'Antoni right? But I guess your the authority on what's valid, not the former player right. Your getting desperate.

    A Stat is a measurable used to misconstru in arguing. Had you been aware... you would have known this. What the "stats" don't say is Amare is coming off major injuries and to credit D'Antoni for whatever his blocks per were is pathetic. I'm almost mad I dedicated .001% to sh*t on your rediculous claims. But some one has to right?

    And I thought you were saying PHX and the NYK's had a comparable core. I was mistaken, that's easy for me to admit... lesson #10 son. Good thing you didn't say that one.


    Realize young one, I simply used them as an example to make a point- one that wasn't even directed at you. Here are more examples you can use to make yourself look silly... NY is known for being fast paced, knowledgeable fans (except you), and little patience.

    I am not making an argument that teams need to comform to anything... wake up McFly... that was your poor attempt at turning my opinion into one. See a pattern here? Needs to conform? SMH damn pathetic.

    Hey pal... the "race card" is a phrase used to describe veiled racism. I never called you racist. (that cpu in Florida hasn't been used much has it). I simply pointed out your affinity for three members of the Knicks who happen to be white- hence your hype.

    I could go on, but I know you'll continue posting and proving how frustrated and argumentative you are. It's getting sad.
    I am not going round and round with you on the illogical train...the pessimists can join you on that journey, this will be my last post on this topic towards you. I will however state a few things for the record. It is clear what you were saying about identity and you can pretend all you want...I could give a fuk, the quotes are here for everyone to read. Further you can ignore stats and pretend I said D'ant was responsible for Amare's blocks...I didn't and again the quotes are here for everyone to read. I merely pointed out that he blamed D'ant for a lack of emphasis on defense yet they still play poor defense and he averages less blocks now under a different coach. Don't talk about injuries because Amare is playing at top form...funny how you are quick to find excuses for Amare yet ignore Gallo's back injury, a player on the team you claim to be a fan of... (oh that's right! He's white and that doesn't fit your narrative so he doesn't get a pass...evidenced by your race baiting in your previous post)

    Oh and playing the race card can be appropriate or in your case a tactic designed to mask your hallow position while lashing out in a futile emotional outburst. It's sad, pathetic and transparent...once again the only emotion you stir in me is pity.

    I also find it funny how I can so easily control you...I comment months ago about how you write in long blocks without paragraphs and you overcompensate by writing all your posts line by line like a haiku. Now that I pointed that out you are struggling to form correct paragraphs and furiously trying to sound educated. You should be thanking me for the free writing lessons and the basketball knowledge I am dropping on you. First you though D'ant had been running SSOL....I corrected that. You thought a coach could compensate for a lack of talent...I corrected that. You thought that a COY year winner should be fired because he didn't overachieve during a cap shedding REBUILDING phase...I corrected that. You thought that another coach could have taken a team without a true center or true defensive players and make them a lock down team like the Knicks of the 90's...I corrected that. You thought that the 70's Knick teams were defined by their defense and not their ball movement and unselfish play...I corrected that. Then you thought a team is defined by the conference or history and not the players...I corrected that. You should be thanking me dog...I am making you a better human one post at a time!

    Good day and good luck!

  12. #42
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by SgtOrange
    Anyone who wants D'Antoni out now or who thinks he's done a bad job is being stupid. Look at our roster and tell me who would do much better. I mean seriously.
    This argument has been used thousands of times here.

  13. #43
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default @ Trill aka Alice in Wonderland

    I can pretend....? WTF? Thanks for letting me in on your mind-set. It's another one of your weaknesses; you actually let people in on what you're doing, by attempting to accuse them of it. Good Looks! BTW... this is at least the 10th x you've tried this.

    Ignore stats... I would assume you're refering to Amare's BPG. Read slowly, a point is being made: were you not inferring D'Ant was responsible for Amare's blocks and now that he's gone- they are down by posting this?

    I already showed how he averages less blocks now then he did under D'ant
    No back-tracking now!Yeah... is it possible the coach they now have isn't that good of a defensive coach? Hello! And you thought you could manipulate the "argument". You can't McFly.

    Amare stated D'ant didn't emphasize D. YOU actually think you can refute what a player w/ experience said... wake up!

    Anyone who doesn't see your poor arguing attempts and lack of admission and, while valid, your opinion is CONTRARY to ACTUAL FACT is dumb. If posters support this obvious garbage based on ego and fantasy- f*ck them too.

    About injury... Once again, stop fantasizing and accept REALITY... it's a FACT dummy or Cinderella. I've been mentioned Gallo's back as yet ANOTHER reason he was a mistake- get it right.

    Told you, you would respond and make yourself look silly. You can't help it. And yeah you control me...

    like a gimp controls his dominator... after you scream for abuse...

    I (your master) ablige. More work young patwan.

  14. #44
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    No it wont...atleast we wont be stuck with horrible contracts for the next decade. We wont need to match salaries in trades, and will have the ability to go after whoever we want moving forward.
    Without a legit center...we aren't going anywhere...we lost more than 30 games alone because we didnt have a big man to block shots, clog up the post and rebound to help David Lee in all those areas.

  15. #45
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Without a legit center...we aren't going anywhere...we lost more than 30 games alone because we didnt have a big man to block shots, clog up the post and rebound to help David Lee in all those areas.
    I love these numbers people throw out somehow no center=30 wins. There is no denying that we need a center, but there is no way to place a number on an enimga of a thing like that.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  3. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 15:11
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2008, 17:13
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 10:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •