Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign-and-trade lead plan for Bosh?

Default Sign-and-trade lead plan for Bosh?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] wrote:
    “It’s the biggest unknown in our situation right now. I would still embrace the notion and fully intend to talk about him staying a Raptor and talk about the things that might happen with this thing should he stay. And talk about the possible success we can have here and why Toronto’s the right place for Chris Bosh. That will happen in due time, but that’s the big unknown…he negotiated for the flexibility and he got it, they’re going to take their time. One guy might dictate what the next guy does and so on so forth, Lebron might be the big domino but Chris is a big piece for us to determine what we do. There are certain things we’ll be pursuing in the coming months that might address things on our team with or without Chris. We remain Chris Bosh’s best option to maximize his contract potential” (referring to sign-and-trade)

“We have agreed that regardless of whether or not he stays, we’ll be working together and talking. We’ll be assessing what options we have but it’s not often that a young athlete walks away from a significant amount of money and that’s the difference between him working for us and…doing a sign-and-trade. There are no answers until after July 1st”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Let the speculation start.

Bosh is due $17,149,243 next year in a player option. So, I'll say ...

Chris Bosh ($17.15M) for Wilson Chandler ($2.13M), David Lee (S&T $12.00M), and cash.

We can offer just Lee because we're under the cap and don't need to match salaries, saving Toronto approx $5M in the deal.

Not sure if Bosh alone is worth the loss of Lee.

This'd be an anti climatic result to 2 years of festering basketball just to get Bosh.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Bosh is good but I really don't think he's all that much better than Lee. At first there was a lot of hype about Lee but he's earned his stripes averaging a double double for nearly the entire season. Financially it doesn't make sense to pay top dollar for Bosh when Lee will take 10-12 million per year. I'd much rather see Amare in a Knicks uniform than Bosh.

Originally Posted by donchris
    Bosh is good but I really don't think he's all that much better than Lee. At first there was a lot of hype about Lee but he's earned his stripes averaging a double double for nearly the entire season. Financially it doesn't make sense to pay top dollar for Bosh when Lee will take 10-12 million per year. I'd much rather see Amare in a Knicks uniform than Bosh.
    Just curious, why would you prefer Amare over Bosh?

Both are elite talents in my opinion.

My only knocks on Amare are his injury history, age, and size. He plays better at PF as shown by his individual numbers while Shaq played for the Suns along side him.

He runs the floor well, fits well in D'Antoni's system, and has obviously has success in this offense. He can shoot a bit and can rebound as well.

I'm for Bosh though because Bosh plays solid defense (shot blocking, and team defense), can shoot with range out to the 3-point line (Bosh's three vs. the Lakers was an eye opener), and he can put up a double double that is superior to Lee's double double. Not to mention he has no significant injuries, and is younger than Amare.

Both are good options, I would just like to hear as to why you'd prefer Amare.

If we are not able to get bosh neither amare i hope david lee works on his defense this off season ... It seems to me every year he adds anothe element to his game i hope is his defense next and not that 3 pointer he wants to work on

Gallinari & Lee for Andrew Bynum!

Originally Posted by Red
    Gallinari & Lee for Andrew Bynum!
    ewww no ....nice big but damn his injuries

Ny not a likely destination.. especially if you guys dont land LBJ... yo dont have the horses colangelo will want... Chicago and Miami have more to offer.

Bosh will leave the raptors anyway.

So ... Lee for Bosh is good for both !!!

Originally Posted by NYKing
    Bosh will leave the raptors anyway.

So ... Lee for Bosh is good for both !!!
    \
    Bosh is not leaving the Raptors.. and if he does he will do a sign and trade... what makes you think he will want to come to NY as the only marquee guy there?? does he think he has a bnetter chance of winnin g with douglas, duhon walker and galinari??? This is the real world bud.

Deng/ Noah for Bosh is good
    Beasley/ Haslem for Bosh is good

Lee at 9M is good.. on your team not ours.

You guys can't wait to get rid of Lee why would we want him when we could get so much more???

Bosh want to win championship(s)... can go to teams with studs and compete for a title... goes to nyk competeing for lottery and maybe in 4-5 years a chance at a title, and with his knees... wont be much a factor then anyways.

Dude, no one will offer it to the raptors.

If not any good proposal for the raptors, he can just say bye-bye.

Bosh can not even go to the Knicks, the Raptors but he is not ... already got all the money he had to get canadians.
    Last edited by NYKing; Apr 20, 2010 at 18:41.

Originally Posted by NYKing

Dude, no one will offer it to the raptors.

If not any good proposal for the raptors, he can just say bye-bye.

Bosh can not even go to the Knicks, the Raptors but he is not ... already got all the money he had to get canadians.
    This has to be the poorest excuse for grammar I have read on this site, you make no sense, but since it's 4/20 I'll let it slide. I just hope english is not your first language.

Originally Posted by RaptorRulz
    \
    Bosh is not leaving the Raptors.. and if he does he will do a sign and trade... what makes you think he will want to come to NY as the only marquee guy there?? does he think he has a bnetter chance of winnin g with douglas, duhon walker and galinari??? This is the real world bud.

Lee at 9M is good.. on your team not ours.

You guys can't wait to get rid of Lee why would we want him when we could get so much more???

Bosh want to win championship(s)... can go to teams with studs and compete for a title... goes to nyk competeing for lottery and maybe in 4-5 years a chance at a title, and with his knees... wont be much a factor then anyways.
    You're such a tard.

Why the **** wouldn't Bosh leave the Raptors after such a pitiful season? If anything, all he's done is proven that he's not worth a max contract as the best player on an anti climatic team. The Raptors are a joke. They won 8 more games than the Knicks with a stacked team in the Eastern Conference.

If he's holding the reigns on the court, then why did the Raptors horse bolt? Because he's just not hard enough is why! And hasn't it been made blatantly clear that Bosh wants to be the marquee player wherever he plays? Marquee players make marquee plays in marquee PLAYOFF series behind marquee grit and determination. FAIL. Homo.

So keep giving yourself sleeping princesses about Chris Bosh, but whether or not he stays or goes, he doesn't deserve max money because he failed to slap his team in to order and let down all those with aspirations of a good season from a stacked team.

And don't knock Knick fans about their Grammar either with posts like that.

Douche.

My origianl point was into response that someone suggested that a trade for bosh, involving
    Eddie curry for Bosh straight up. Which is absolutley ridiculous. Whether bosh stays or leaves
    I don't understand that anyone in their right mind as a GM would make that deal. Just becasue NYK
    Had a incompetent one (IMO) n doesn't mean that is the norm. Its easier for Bosh to go to a team
    With a estabished studs and grit as you said. And NYK lack badly in all areas. So likely choices
    For CB4 to go to would be teams like that. CHI and MIA come to mind, teams with good young
    Talent and are willing to part with to land a stud like Bosh. Boston did it, and LA did it. This is
    a copy-cat league, and teams close will part with young talent to win a title.

So a Bosh for Noah or Beasly, is easily attaianble.

I aggree the Raps had a better team than there record showed, but sometimes this happens
    In bball, no excuses they sucked and they know it, I mean I don't have to tell you that NYK, has
    Had 9 losing seans within those seasons NYK has the highest payroll in the league, that doesn't say
    Much about NYK as an organization, if you look at it the Raps have had a better organization than
    NYK for a decade, so whatever negative this you say about the Raps, its only magnifed that
    The knicks have been worse.

These FA's said they want to win championships, and unfortunately, the Knicks and the Raps
    are a long long long ways away, there are teams that are one player away from winning it all,
    NYK is about 4 or 5 players away. So from a one player away winning a championships perspective
    NYK=FAIL.

You better hope LBJ comes otherwise its a wrap.
    And I honestly didn't mean to come of douchey, I honestly didn't understand what that guy said
    In response.

Trust me, I think the plan's basically fingered anyway.

At this stage, it's looking like a trade that involves a varied combination of Lee, Curry, Chandler, Walker and Douglas.

As far as players indicating that championships come first, then that's speculative. I'm not stupid enough to be saying that's not the top of the mountain, but there are plenty of plateaus (fame & fortune) on the way there.

I think that whole "vote for me as an All Star" campaign is evidence enough to say that Bosh's interest in big money cities can't be ignored. He wants that fame and fortune. New York has enough cap flexibility to see him get it as the top player on the team, never mind the fan fare of Hoop Mecca.

Toronto are what? $10M over the cap? No flexibility there in with a losing team and little chance of getting any improvement from any players bar DeRozan.

I'm sure Bosh is thinking outwardly.