Donnie is thinking of making these moves this off*season

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2010/4/21/1435072/donnie-is-thinking-of-making-these

Robert Currence on Apr 21, 2010

Full Disclosure these moves are completely unsubstantiated but do come from a source inside the Knick organization. But I am curious on what you folks think.

Donnie Walsh has not given up on trying to pry Ricky Rubio from Minnesota, there is a plan to offer Bill Walker and our 2 second round picks for Rubio's draft rights.* The second move is a do over of a move that did not work at the trading deadline.* Walsh still has his man crush on Tyrus Thomas and if he can't sign him outright, he is considering a sign and trade for him.* Charlotte supposedly has some interest in Al so he might try to sign Al and trade him to Charlotte for TT Boy.* The third option *is to go get Ramon sessions to pair with TD in the back court. That one is the least believeable because it involves Sergio which would require the Knicks to make a qualifying offer and sign him first.

In an unrelated unconfirmed rumor, David Lee is higher on Walsh's list than the old boy is letting on, by pretending to be disinterested Donnie is hoping to drive down the price for Lee. It appears that Donnie has a hard as concrete ceiling of 10 mil as the highest he is willing to pay Lee.* But supposedly the interest is so high that behind Bos, Lee is his second choice.* Well what do you think. Personally with the exception of bringing Lee back at a good price I hope all of these are full of hot air.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
All except Rubio of course. The guys a mad PG and plays some snakey, Ginobili-esque, Euro on ball and off ball defence. One of the best passers in the world too.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donnie Walsh biggest problem as a President:
but do come from a source inside the Knick organization.

First thing Walsh better do is find and Fire all these "sources inside the Knick organization" that is snitching all his bussiness to media and the next team.

pat

Starter
Donnie Walsh biggest problem as a President:

First thing Walsh better do is find and Fire all these "sources inside the Knick organization" that is snitching all his business to media and the next team.

I don't believe in inside sources. Mostly that means some journalist made it up and he needs some evidence. If that is not to be found they just cite some anonymous source inside the organisation.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Personally, I like these. I would still like to see Rubio as a Knick. And not having to give up Chandler is a bonus. Walker + our 2nd round picks is a great deal. And who else that may be available could run D'Antoni's system? Chris Paul obviously, and he should be our first choice. But it will be difficult to get him and N.O. may ask for too much.

A Bosh/Thomas frontcourt is pretty freaking good. Much better than a Bosh/Lee or Lee/Thomas froncourt. And this still leaves plenty of space to get some other very good players to fill out the roster.

PG-Rubio
SG-Anthony Morrow
SF-Gallo
PF-Thomas
C-Bosh

I'll take that lineup.

KBlack25

Starter
I don't want Rubio anymore.

Just curious...what soured you on this guy? I mean, you were all about him at the draft last year. What changed?

The only thing I can think of (and I somewhat agree) is perhaps we don't want a guy like Rubio who decides if he doesn't like where he is drafted he just won't go. It's the NBA equivalent of taking your ball and going on home...kind of a bitch move. But I think the talent is certainly there, and he would flourish in D'Antoni's system.

Red

TYPE-A
And who else that may be available could run D'Antoni's system?
That's exactly another issue w/ having this coach during this "rebuilding" phase.

No one- short of all-star, MVP Steve Nash can run this (sold as) seemingly innovative offense! -Smh.

WARNING DONNIE... don't get caught up in the "he needs certain players to be successful" crap!

YOU (Donnie Walsh) know what contending teams need. If that contradicts what this petty, ego driven fool wants... **** him!

PS... why would Bosh play here? His options are to play along side Wade-Lebron-Rose on their current respective teams. that means he has shooters/scorers/ball handlers- stars that take pressure off of him... the Knicks can only offer Joe Johnson and future cap relief next year and that's IF Johnsom signs.

Donnies only real hope is to bring in BOTH targets like Bosh and Johnson and they BOTH agree to sign simultaneously. I can't think why a top tier player would do that rather than join CHI-MIA or even NJ.

The time to BUILD an attractive roster has EXPIRED! Now what? A whole bunch of 2nd to 3rd tier players and more D'Antoni spin doctor excuses!

nyk_nyk

All Star
That's exactly another issue w/ having this coach during this "rebuilding" phase.

No one- short of all-star, MVP Steve Nash can run this (sold as) seemingly innovative offense! -Smh.

WARNING DONNIE... don't get caught up in the "he needs certain players to be successful" crap!

YOU (Donnie Walsh) know what contending teams need. If that contradicts what this petty, ego driven fool wants... **** him!

PS... why would Bosh play here? His options are to play along side Wade-Lebron-Rose on their current respective teams. that means he has shooters/scorers/ball handlers- stars that take pressure off of him... the Knicks can only offer Joe Johnson and future cap relief next year and that's IF Johnsom signs.

Donnies only real hope is to bring in BOTH targets like Bosh and Johnson and they BOTH agree to sign simultaneously. I can't think why a top tier player would do that rather than join CHI-MIA or even NJ.

The time to BUILD an attractive roster has EXPIRED! Now what? A whole bunch of 2nd to 3rd tier players and more D'Antoni spin doctor excuses!

100% agreed. It really makesme laugh when people use Dantoni's "system" as a way to judge talent. The "system" was and always will be predicated on a superstar by the name of Nash and it may be futile to try and duplicate that. I agree that Donnie has had plenty of success in IND and should know what it takes to build a contender.

Constantly trying to find players who fit into this "system" will ultimately start to complicate things. Milicic and Hill were great for their teams but we couldn't use them all because of the "system".

DEATH TO THE "SYSTEM"!!!!!!!! JUST PLAY DEFENSE MAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Getting back on subject, I would love Rubio but would rather send Chandler instead of Walker. I just have this feeling that Walker will turn out to be the player he was always projected to be before the knee injuries.

Walker is 10x better than any of us thought he would be and I'm sure he's only going to get better. In order for Chandler to get better, he has to be more aggressive and I don't see that happening so lets trade him now that he has a bit of value.

Scribbles

Rotation player
So we're going to trade MORE picks PLUS Bill Walker for a guy who isn't even eligible to play next season?

SMH.... No thanks.

Tyrus Thomas? David Lee?

SMFH!!! That's a serious falloff....

It's all LEBRON OR NOTHING!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The true fact of the matter

The time to BUILD an attractive roster has EXPIRED!
Now what? A whole bunch of 2nd to 3rd tier players and more D'Antoni spin doctor excuses!

:agreed:

Red.....u get a "A+" for this one
I couldnt have written it any better
:beer:

Red

TYPE-A
Getting back on subject, I would love Rubio but would rather send Chandler instead of Walker. I just have this feeling that Walker will turn out to be the player he was always projected to be before the knee injuries.

Walker is 10x better than any of us thought he would be and I'm sure he's only going to get better. In order for Chandler to get better, he has to be more aggressive and I don't see that happening so lets trade him now that he has a bit of value.

That is the point. This thread topic begs the question; why would Walsh do any of this?

is it to please this coach?

Donnie knows better than to hope for the playoffs w/o a legit big.

Donnie knows he's given D'ant what he's asked for in Duhon and getting rid of Marbs and Milicic etc...

so to me he's being a good supporter of D'Ant and nothing so far...

will he continue searching for answers that don't exist or will he smarten up?

cause if he don't... we are f*cked in more ways than one!

as I posted in the other thread...

we're building this unconventional roster, for this unconventional coach but we're taking loses conventionally by neglecting our D. Now you want to sell me on another euro player...

Oh hell no! why not just keep the carosel going until he finds his "fit" GTFOH!

N*ggas is acting like this system is proven like the triangle. It isn't!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That is the point. This thread topic begs the question; why would Walsh do any of this?

is it to please this coach?

Donnie knows better than to hope for the playoffs w/o a legit big.

Donnie knows he's given D'ant what he's asked for in Duhon and getting rid of Marbs and Milicic etc...

so to me he's being a good supporter of D'Ant and nothing so far...

will he continue searching for answers that don't exist or will he smarten up?

cause if he don't... we are f*cked in more ways than one!

as I posted in the other thread...

we're building this unconventional roster, for this unconventional coach but we're taking loses conventionally by neglecting our D. Now you want to sell me on another euro player...

Oh hell no! why not just keep the carosel going until he finds his "fit" GTFOH!

N*ggas is acting like this system is proven like the triangle. It isn't!

Great points. Walsh made the mistake of doing whatever the coach Dyke M'Anphony wanted him to do, instead of trying to get the best available players(Brook Lopez, Brandon Jennings, Andre Miller, etc). The Knicks did not need a 2010 plan. All they had to do was draft the right players and wait until 2011, when all of the Knicks' large contracts would have expired, and the Knicks would have been a playoff team. This summer, it's all or nothing for Walsh. And it was his lack of a backbone that got him into this make or break situation.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
you can't think of a reason why a top tier set of players, that is, two top players, would want to come to NY? really? ... but you can see one wanting to go play in Newark NJ for a team that rivaled the worst season in history this year?

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
i dont know who in the hell thought that we were going to win more than 33 games with a bunch of role players seriously.. mike and donnie came to the knicks with so many sh!T going on already you had jamal , nd zbo good role players but who ever thought we were going to win a championship with them then dont know wat you smokin , then you had curry and james fat Asse$ , ahhhrrr.. the only way was to rebuild from scratch and thats wat we doing ...first of all nash wasnt even drafted by the suns he got drafted by who yeah the MAVS and by what coach did nash become MVP _________ ...hell mike would of had a ring if joe johnson didnt get injured ... plus if mike is all offense and dont teach it he sure had a couple of nice defenders in bell & marion ...Yes mike made a mistake on duhon but who freaking doesn't i guess you learn from them ...

phantom9000

Benchwarmer
i dont know who in the hell thought that we were going to win more than 33 games with a bunch of role players seriously.. mike and donnie came to the knicks with so many sh!T going on already you had jamal , nd zbo good role players but who ever thought we were going to win a championship with them then dont know wat you smokin , then you had curry and james fat Asse$ , ahhhrrr.. the only way was to rebuild from scratch and thats wat we doing ...first of all nash wasnt even drafted by the suns he got drafted by who yeah the MAVS and by what coach did nash become MVP _________ ...hell mike would of had a ring if joe johnson didnt get injured ... plus if mike is all offense and dont teach it he sure had a couple of nice defenders in bell & marion ...Yes mike made a mistake on duhon but who freaking doesn't i guess you learn from them ...

nash was drafted by the suns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NBA_Draft

Red

TYPE-A
And it was his lack of a backbone that got him into this make or break situation.

I like that line...

Donnie tried to appease this coach and supported him on multiple occasions, but the mistakes are mounting and he's painting himself into a corner.

I know he felt partly responsible for picking D'Ant and so his rep. is tied to coach but...

now he finds HIMSELF in a "make or break" situation- which he could of avoided.

with all the accolades... there is a reason D'Antoni WAS fired and DIDN'T win it all. We all have flaws, Walsh should have realized coach's and been prepared!