Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donnie is thinking of making these moves this off*season

Superstar

Originally Posted by KNICKMATIC809
    i dont know who in the hell thought that we were going to win more than 33 games with a bunch of role players seriously.. mike and donnie came to the knicks with so many sh!T going on already you had jamal , nd zbo good role players but who ever thought we were going to win a championship with them then dont know wat you smokin , then you had curry and james fat Asse$ , ahhhrrr.. the only way was to rebuild from scratch and thats wat we doing ...first of all nash wasnt even drafted by the suns he got drafted by who yeah the MAVS and by what coach did nash become MVP _________ ...hell mike would of had a ring if joe johnson didnt get injured ... plus if mike is all offense and dont teach it he sure had a couple of nice defenders in bell & marion ...Yes mike made a mistake on duhon but who freaking doesn't i guess you learn from them ...
    Well I am sure people didn't think the Bucks, who had a worse record than the knicks 2008-2009, could make the playoffs either after ending the 08-09 season the way they did... but guess what, when you draft right, make decent trades, and coach like you care whether you win or lose, your team can win games. D'antoni has clearly showed he doesn't care, and he can't coach a team that isn't run by a top tier point guard... I don't blame just D'antoni, I blame Walsh as well. Draft right and trade right good things can happen. When you make SHlT moves in the front office and on the sidelines, you end up with a SHlT season.

Fluck what D'antoni wants for his system... Start picking guys that can play the game, and if he really is a good coach, then he can make them adapt to his "system"...

I'd do the Rubio for Walker and picks in a heartbeat.

Veteran

When have we NOT just picked guys who can play whenever possible (re: because of D'Ant)? What have we done, or not done, to appease this big gay mystery of appeasing D'Ant and his big gay "ways"....

D'Ant has become a big gay scapegoat for people to vent on.

Until he has actually done something truly deleterious to our franchise, or something is done on his express behalf that fcks us to sate this mysterious "agenda" D'Ant has....let's all cool our jets and stop spewing nonsense 24/7 on this issue. This isn't @ lilmanbrkln either, really....I basically agree with him, except for his adherance to part of the Anti-D'Ant Ideology.

The Bucks did well this season for 2 fundamental reasons....the 2 most vital positions in the NBA got filled up for them in a huge, unexpected, swift way:

Bogut actually began playing like a veteran #1 pick at C...and Jennings unexpectedly lit it up at PG and arguably had the biggest impact to their respective team of any rook in the the class.

But our losing season has NOTHING to do with D'Ant. NOTHING. Once more for the deaf boys in the back: NOTHING. And any speculation that he did is tenuous at best, and will have even less veracity when it comes to how he has EFFECTIVELY hurt us when it comes to our future....

He really didn't do jack **** to alter our season or our future seasons. He just coached THE MOST:

dysfunctional
    untalented
    frankenstein

of a team in the game. Whatever. We all knew this going in.

Except for the deaf crew in the back:

This season wasn't about winning. It doesn't matter what anyone said -- obv coaches and management won't publically SAY to the MEDIA that it's a tankjob season and winning DOESNT matter AT ALL.

Actions speak the loudest, and the writing was on the wall long before. And our mission was ACCOMPLISHED.

In sum, D'Ant's excellence as a coach can neither be proved nor disproved at this point. All we really have his past:

In which case his excellence has been proved pretty good.

And a history lesson...before D'Ant's coaching Nash was a middling PG starter about to enter old age in the NBA. What happened when D'Ant worked his magic offensive skillz and tutelage on him? Perhaps the greatest and most remarkable TRANSFORMATION of a player in the NBA'a history.

I don't know who is going to **** these fools harder with their success. Gallo or D'Ant. At least *we* ALL hope y'all get a prison-hello.
    Last edited by iSaYughh; Apr 25, 2010 at 20:36.

Veteran

Hey all, there's at least a plus side - if the Nuggets fall to the Jazz in the first round, look for Carmelo to heavily heavily consider bolting from Denver given how close to the finals they were last year

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Hey all, there's at least a plus side - if the Nuggets fall to the Jazz in the first round, look for Carmelo to heavily heavily consider bolting from Denver given how close to the finals they were last year
    Ummmmmmm no.

Veteran

Stranger things have happened. Do you really think Carmelo wouldn't consider leaving the Nuggets if he got eliminated in the playoffs in the first round two years in a row?

He's going to be thinking about it, at least. He can't possibly be too happy about how the Nuggets are playing right now.

Stranger things have happened. Do you really think Carmelo wouldn't consider leaving the Nuggets if he got eliminated in the playoffs in the first round two years in a row?

He's going to be thinking about it, at least. He can't possibly be too happy about how the Nuggets are playing right now.
    But he can be happy about having "Mr. Bigshot", Nene, Afflalo, Jr. Smith, Lawson, Birdman, and Kenyon Martin on his team...

Even when Chauncey grows too old to run the team, they have enough young talent to be good for years.

A lineup of:
    PG-Lawson
    SG- Afflalo
    SF- Melo
    PF- Nene
    C- Birdman

That team competes for years to come. Not to mention adding some draft picks and more young players....Why would anyone leave that situation in a potential LOCKOUT year.

Tough choice...
    Making max money on a perennial contender

or

Not guaranteeing yourself any contract in particular, on a team that most likely will be rebuilding (Knicks, Pacer, Bucks, Pistons, etc.)

He won't even think TWICE about reupping with Denver.

Veteran

The "perennial contender" thing is the tough part. Two first-round exits for the Nuggets and it begs the question as to whether or not they're worth sticking around for.

Why leave one of the deepest teams in the league before free agency? After his current team can exceed the max contract if they sign him again? Not even an infantecimal chance. Lee will be back with a heap of scrubs on top of our already sub star players.

The "perennial contender" thing is the tough part. Two first-round exits for the Nuggets and it begs the question as to whether or not they're worth sticking around for.
    What I wonder is why they struggle with a good team AND Melo...yes Melo is great but is he that great?

Is it logical to just skip a year now or something?

They had 2 early exits under AI in 07 and 08.

Last year, with this team (minus Lawson even!), they made it to the conference finals.....

I don't know how saying they are perennial contenders is invalid if they finished among the top 4 teams in the NBA last season. Not to mention they will probably find a way to get past Utah and meet L.A. in the conference finals.

"Our losing season has NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni"

The Suns limited success had NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni.

Trying to have it both ways....

equals the double standard at its finest. I guess it's only D'Antoni's doing when a team achieves... loses are always the players fault.

I would love a job like that.

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    Lol I know Kahn is retarted, but I don't think he's that retarted.

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    Whatever he said.

Originally Posted by Red
    "Our losing season has NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni"

The Suns limited success had NOTHING to do with coach D'Antoni.

Trying to have it both ways....

equals the double standard at its finest. I guess it's only D'Antoni's doing when a team achieves... loses are always the players fault.

I would love a job like that.
    How nice of you to drop by. This is a new, unique, and interesting point!!!

Where have I heard this before...