Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Donnie is thinking of making these moves this off*season

When is Donnie gonna realize Chandler is not a very good fit in our offense and trade him for a pick. We could maybe nab Whiteside in the 12-16 range, and he's exacting the kind of high potential player he need to take a chance on. Plus he's a monstrous shot blocker. I would much rather give up Chandler than Walker at this point, I just think Walker has much more potential and he can actually shoot.

Originally Posted by SgtOrange
    When is Donnie gonna realize Chandler is not a very good fit in our offense and trade him for a pick. We could maybe nab Whiteside in the 12-16 range, and he's exacting the kind of high potential player he need to take a chance on. Plus he's a monstrous shot blocker. I would much rather give up Chandler than Walker at this point, I just think Walker has much more potential and he can actually shoot.
    I would not be surprised if he was already thinking that. 30% from beyond the arc just ain't going to cut it.

Veteran

My guess is that Walsh is essentially forgoing the "draft strategem" altogether -- for now. I'd be very surprised if we made any broad strokes in securing a player via draft.

Whether this right or wrong....debateable, and remains to be seen.

IMO, Chandler will be used by Walsh to be instrumental in securing us a legit, starting PG this coming season (Rubio, Flynn, Collinson, CP3).

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    My guess is that Walsh is essentially forgoing the "draft strategem" altogether -- for now. I'd be very surprised if we made any broad strokes in securing a player via draft.

Whether this right or wrong....debateable, and remains to be seen.

IMO, Chandler will be used by Walsh to be instrumental in securing us a legit, starting PG this coming season (Rubio, Flynn, Collinson, CP3).
    Definitely the most important move right now is getting capable point guard and I am sure the Knicks brass knows this...

If we don't get LeBron, then PG becomes a huge position of concern. Right now our biggest need is post defense. Walsh needs to secure some size and I really would like to take a chance on Whiteside, he could pay off big time. I do doubt Walsh will acquire a pick high enough to get him though, just like with Russell Westbrook and Rubio/Curry.