Thread: Nfl Draft

Hybrid View

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Default Nfl Draft

what are your reactions to the tebow trade and how my 'boys went out and got DEZ BRYANT the best WR in this draft that was huge and now we got a future superstar who's T.O like in more ways then one, dude is flat out nasty im so hyped we got em now if we could just get Nate Allen for safety then were good loll and of course some OL help

what are your reactions to your teams picks, etc ( jets, giants mostly )

I like Jason Pierre-Paul as the Giants pick...

1) because this guy is one of the top physical athletes in the entire draft...he is 6'4 280 pounds and can do 10 backflips in a row like a gymnist(amazing). You can't teach a physical gift like Pierre-Paul...he is raw but Jerry Reese is one of the best drafting GM's in the NFL and Pierre-Paul was labled a Boom or Bust by the NFL network so knowing Jerry Reese...I see this kid being a nice player...a type of Justin Tuck.

2) I can buy his jersey because his last name is my first name lol always a plus

Not a fan of the Tebow trade, doesn't make much sense to me. To trade all that to go get Tebow, when you could have likely gotten a QB later without making a trade, perhaps even Tebow.

Dez Bryant is certainly talented, but off-field problems are always a concern for me (and always not a concern for Jerry Jones, so take that as you will). If he can stay honest off the field, he will make great contributions on it.

Not a fan of the Pierre-Paul pick, mostly b/c Morgan was on the board. Morgan to me was just a much safer pick at the same positon. A lot of websites have JPP projected to bust pretty bad, he's an insane athlete but as my Raiders have seen with JaMarcus Russell, just because you test off the charts does not make you a great football player. I think I would have picked Morgan, but if JPP puts it all together, he's a steal. It remains to be seen what the G-Men do with Osi, I'm betting he's not wearing Giant blue next season.

I don't get the CJ Spiller pick either for Buffalo, they are loaded at RB and weak almost everywhere else. A bunch of RBs fill that backfield now, it's a bit crowded.

I am okay with the Raiders pick, helping their interior rush defense. They got totally rocked last year buy guys running right through the middle, hopefully Houston and McClain help that out. They need to play good defense because they won't score many points.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

pierre-paul is a great pickup for you guys whether Osi stays or goes, Tuck and Pierre-Paul will make a formidable DE's at the corners and dude has alot of talent i was surprised he slipped all the way to 15 i had him in the top 10.

as for Bryant im phsyced he fell to us at 24 and for Jones to trade up and take him makes it even better, dude will be one of the top 5 Wr's in the league by the end of his second year, and for us to give em 88 shows he's worth something to us. Williams role will diminish even more now hahaha

and the Jets keep getting CB's their secondary just keeps getting better. good for them and we shall meet them in the superbowl haha

and tebow imo would've fell just like Clausen and McCoy did

My Draft Grades for some teams:

Rams: B- - I don't think Bradford will be as good as the money given to him but they need SOMEONE who can throw the freaking ball. Did you know Keith Null was QB'ing that team late last year...WHO? And I like the Mardy Gilyard pick.

Lions: A - Suh is going to be great and I think if Best had not got hurt he would be in the same conversation as Spiller. Still my theory was having the Lions trade a 2nd rounder to get Haynesworth then use the 2nd overall pick on Okung. But I like what the Lions ended up doing.

Redskins: C - Okung>Williams imo at least

Seahawks: A+ - Okung, Earl Thomas, Lendale White, and Leon Washington? Niceeee

Jets: A - Mike T and Rex Ryan continue to astound. Joe McKnight will impress people

Giants: F- I hate the Giants.

Raiders: B+ - How do you like that, they didnt mess up in the first round lol. They got the "workout warrior" Bruce Campbell in the 4th round instead of last year when they drafted "workout warrior" Derrius Heyward-Bust in the first round. Their defense is gonna be hot. And they traded for Jason Campbell. Campbell>>JaWALRUS FATSO I ****ing hate him, I even went so far to make a hate thread about him lol.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    My Draft Grades for some teams:

Rams: B- - I don't think Bradford will be as good as the money given to him but they need SOMEONE who can throw the freaking ball. Did you know Keith Null was QB'ing that team late last year...WHO? And I like the Mardy Gilyard pick.

Lions: A - Suh is going to be great and I think if Best had not got hurt he would be in the same conversation as Spiller. Still my theory was having the Lions trade a 2nd rounder to get Haynesworth then use the 2nd overall pick on Okung. But I like what the Lions ended up doing.

Redskins: C - Okung>Williams imo at least

Seahawks: A+ - Okung, Earl Thomas, Lendale White, and Leon Washington? Niceeee

Jets: A - Mike T and Rex Ryan continue to astound. Joe McKnight will impress people

Giants: F- I hate the Giants.

Raiders: B+ - How do you like that, they didnt mess up in the first round lol. They got the "workout warrior" Bruce Campbell in the 4th round instead of last year when they drafted "workout warrior" Derrius Heyward-Bust in the first round. Their defense is gonna be hot. And they traded for Jason Campbell. Campbell>>JaWALRUS FATSO I ****ing hate him, I even went so far to make a hate thread about him lol.
    Rams (A-) - In this league, to win you need a Franchise QB and they think they got one with Bradford. Then you go ahead and get him some protection in the 2nd, plus TEs to block and catch in the 5th and 6th, and a pretty good WR to throw to in the 4th. The change won't be immediate, but they have a young core good enough to compete if they develop.

Jets (B) - This would have been an A if we just graded Round 1. Kyle Williams is a stellar CB, and he benefits from not having to come in and start right away, with Cromartie and Revis-Island. However, the cutting of Faneca (when it is your right side that needs revamping) and the trading of Leon Washington are puzzling to say the least. Washington and McKnight are very similar, I know many of my Jets fan friends are not okay with the cutting of Faneca and the trading of Washington.

Raiders (B+) - They draft a guy very uncharacteristic of the team. Rolando McClain didn't test so well at the combine, but his tackling ability is amazing. Plus they traded back and still got stud D-Lineman Lamarr Houston. If these two play to potential, the Raiders will have a stellar defense, with Asomugha isolating receivers on his own version of Revis-Isle and McClain and Houston plugging up the middle, not to mention they got another CB later. They got two pretty good OT prospects (both tested well at the combine) and if one hits, that's all you can ask for. Bruce Campbell was an early-round projection, and they snagged him in the 4th. They also get speedy wide-receiver Jacoby Ford in the hopes to just run past team's secondarys with him and Heyward-Bey. The real value the Raiders have at WR is actually in two untouted guys, Lou Murphy and Chaz Schillens as well as decent pass-catching TE Zach Miller. They need Run-DMC (Darren McFadden) to stay healthy. The trade for Campbell was a good move as well. Campbell in some circles is undervalued, he statistically is a middle of the road, about average QB. This team performed much better with Bruce Gradkowski at the helm. I think the offense doesn't believe they can win with Russell as QB, but Campbell I think could fit in well and do some things. They aren't a contender by any stretch, but could be the 2nd best team in the AFC West at the end of the year.

Giants (C) - Yikes. All risk with Pierre-Paul. He's a stellar athlete but with Derek Morgan on the board I don't know how you go with project JPP. They did get two decent Linebackers late, a position of need. Had McClain been on the board, he would have been a Giant.

Bills (C-) - Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc. put my thoughts about the Spiller pick best: "I don't get this at all, and I don't approve of it at all...Their defensive backs and linebackers are okay, everything else is a mess. So, how can you take a running back there? An outside runner on a team with a terrible offensive line, no passing attack, bad offensive tackles, bad edge blocking, I don't understand it. And I tend to think more and more the Bills are quickly becoming, if they aren't already, one of the worst run franchises in the NFL." Ether.

They only don't get an F because they got some D-line help late.