Nfl Draft

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
what are your reactions to the tebow trade and how my 'boys went out and got DEZ BRYANT the best WR in this draft that was huge and now we got a future superstar who's T.O like in more ways then one, dude is flat out nasty im so hyped we got em now if we could just get Nate Allen for safety then were good loll and of course some OL help

what are your reactions to your teams picks, etc ( jets, giants mostly )

Paul1355

All Star
I like Jason Pierre-Paul as the Giants pick...

1) because this guy is one of the top physical athletes in the entire draft...he is 6'4 280 pounds and can do 10 backflips in a row like a gymnist(amazing). You can't teach a physical gift like Pierre-Paul...he is raw but Jerry Reese is one of the best drafting GM's in the NFL and Pierre-Paul was labled a Boom or Bust by the NFL network so knowing Jerry Reese...I see this kid being a nice player...a type of Justin Tuck.

2) I can buy his jersey because his last name is my first name lol always a plus

KBlack25

Starter
Not a fan of the Tebow trade, doesn't make much sense to me. To trade all that to go get Tebow, when you could have likely gotten a QB later without making a trade, perhaps even Tebow.

Dez Bryant is certainly talented, but off-field problems are always a concern for me (and always not a concern for Jerry Jones, so take that as you will). If he can stay honest off the field, he will make great contributions on it.

Not a fan of the Pierre-Paul pick, mostly b/c Morgan was on the board. Morgan to me was just a much safer pick at the same positon. A lot of websites have JPP projected to bust pretty bad, he's an insane athlete but as my Raiders have seen with JaMarcus Russell, just because you test off the charts does not make you a great football player. I think I would have picked Morgan, but if JPP puts it all together, he's a steal. It remains to be seen what the G-Men do with Osi, I'm betting he's not wearing Giant blue next season.

I don't get the CJ Spiller pick either for Buffalo, they are loaded at RB and weak almost everywhere else. A bunch of RBs fill that backfield now, it's a bit crowded.

I am okay with the Raiders pick, helping their interior rush defense. They got totally rocked last year buy guys running right through the middle, hopefully Houston and McClain help that out. They need to play good defense because they won't score many points.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
pierre-paul is a great pickup for you guys whether Osi stays or goes, Tuck and Pierre-Paul will make a formidable DE's at the corners and dude has alot of talent i was surprised he slipped all the way to 15 i had him in the top 10.

as for Bryant im phsyced he fell to us at 24 and for Jones to trade up and take him makes it even better, dude will be one of the top 5 Wr's in the league by the end of his second year, and for us to give em 88 shows he's worth something to us. Williams role will diminish even more now hahaha

and the Jets keep getting CB's their secondary just keeps getting better. good for them and we shall meet them in the superbowl haha

and tebow imo would've fell just like Clausen and McCoy did

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
My Draft Grades for some teams:

Rams: B- - I don't think Bradford will be as good as the money given to him but they need SOMEONE who can throw the freaking ball. Did you know Keith Null was QB'ing that team late last year...WHO? And I like the Mardy Gilyard pick.

Lions: A - Suh is going to be great and I think if Best had not got hurt he would be in the same conversation as Spiller. Still my theory was having the Lions trade a 2nd rounder to get Haynesworth then use the 2nd overall pick on Okung. But I like what the Lions ended up doing.

Redskins: C - Okung>Williams imo at least

Seahawks: A+ - Okung, Earl Thomas, Lendale White, and Leon Washington? Niceeee

Jets: A - Mike T and Rex Ryan continue to astound. Joe McKnight will impress people

Giants: F- I hate the Giants.

Raiders: B+ - How do you like that, they didnt mess up in the first round lol. They got the "workout warrior" Bruce Campbell in the 4th round instead of last year when they drafted "workout warrior" Derrius Heyward-Bust in the first round. Their defense is gonna be hot. And they traded for Jason Campbell. Campbell>>JaWALRUS FATSO I ****ing hate him, I even went so far to make a hate thread about him lol.

KBlack25

Starter
My Draft Grades for some teams:

Rams: B- - I don't think Bradford will be as good as the money given to him but they need SOMEONE who can throw the freaking ball. Did you know Keith Null was QB'ing that team late last year...WHO? And I like the Mardy Gilyard pick.

Lions: A - Suh is going to be great and I think if Best had not got hurt he would be in the same conversation as Spiller. Still my theory was having the Lions trade a 2nd rounder to get Haynesworth then use the 2nd overall pick on Okung. But I like what the Lions ended up doing.

Redskins: C - Okung>Williams imo at least

Seahawks: A+ - Okung, Earl Thomas, Lendale White, and Leon Washington? Niceeee

Jets: A - Mike T and Rex Ryan continue to astound. Joe McKnight will impress people

Giants: F- I hate the Giants.

Raiders: B+ - How do you like that, they didnt mess up in the first round lol. They got the "workout warrior" Bruce Campbell in the 4th round instead of last year when they drafted "workout warrior" Derrius Heyward-Bust in the first round. Their defense is gonna be hot. And they traded for Jason Campbell. Campbell>>JaWALRUS FATSO I ****ing hate him, I even went so far to make a hate thread about him lol.

Rams (A-) - In this league, to win you need a Franchise QB and they think they got one with Bradford. Then you go ahead and get him some protection in the 2nd, plus TEs to block and catch in the 5th and 6th, and a pretty good WR to throw to in the 4th. The change won't be immediate, but they have a young core good enough to compete if they develop.

Jets (B) - This would have been an A if we just graded Round 1. Kyle Williams is a stellar CB, and he benefits from not having to come in and start right away, with Cromartie and Revis-Island. However, the cutting of Faneca (when it is your right side that needs revamping) and the trading of Leon Washington are puzzling to say the least. Washington and McKnight are very similar, I know many of my Jets fan friends are not okay with the cutting of Faneca and the trading of Washington.

Raiders (B+) - They draft a guy very uncharacteristic of the team. Rolando McClain didn't test so well at the combine, but his tackling ability is amazing. Plus they traded back and still got stud D-Lineman Lamarr Houston. If these two play to potential, the Raiders will have a stellar defense, with Asomugha isolating receivers on his own version of Revis-Isle and McClain and Houston plugging up the middle, not to mention they got another CB later. They got two pretty good OT prospects (both tested well at the combine) and if one hits, that's all you can ask for. Bruce Campbell was an early-round projection, and they snagged him in the 4th. They also get speedy wide-receiver Jacoby Ford in the hopes to just run past team's secondarys with him and Heyward-Bey. The real value the Raiders have at WR is actually in two untouted guys, Lou Murphy and Chaz Schillens as well as decent pass-catching TE Zach Miller. They need Run-DMC (Darren McFadden) to stay healthy. The trade for Campbell was a good move as well. Campbell in some circles is undervalued, he statistically is a middle of the road, about average QB. This team performed much better with Bruce Gradkowski at the helm. I think the offense doesn't believe they can win with Russell as QB, but Campbell I think could fit in well and do some things. They aren't a contender by any stretch, but could be the 2nd best team in the AFC West at the end of the year.

Giants (C) - Yikes. All risk with Pierre-Paul. He's a stellar athlete but with Derek Morgan on the board I don't know how you go with project JPP. They did get two decent Linebackers late, a position of need. Had McClain been on the board, he would have been a Giant.

Bills (C-) - Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc. put my thoughts about the Spiller pick best: "I don't get this at all, and I don't approve of it at all...Their defensive backs and linebackers are okay, everything else is a mess. So, how can you take a running back there? An outside runner on a team with a terrible offensive line, no passing attack, bad offensive tackles, bad edge blocking, I don't understand it. And I tend to think more and more the Bills are quickly becoming, if they aren't already, one of the worst run franchises in the NFL." Ether.

They only don't get an F because they got some D-line help late.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Spiller will be great also he's real humble and has the desire to be great if nit the best( not getting ahead of myself ), but him going to buffalo will be interesting considering they wanna trade Lynch, so they could get value for em and Spiller gives them a dynamic weapon on offense someone who could be a C.Johnson type running back

iSaYughh

Starter
Pretty big on the giants' draft.

JPP was the best pick considering we didn't/couldn't trade up. If the raiders didn't reach some on mcclain we'd have traded up a few to get him.

That said, JPP was best talent on table and he actually helps our win-now strategy.

Great chance he can provide immediate threats in situational pass coverage and rotation.

Morgan was the only other pick. But he has less upside in a position where we need excellent talent to penetrate the lineup.

I also think Morgan is a bigger bust factor. JPP might
flame out harder but I see Morgan destined for mediocre starting
ability.
Don't like how he played vs top dogs and how his
biggest games were vs the shitstacks.

Anyways, cowgirls had pretty sick draft.

Final word -- giant 2nd round pick will
be pick of draft, IMO, value considered. Watch for this 320lb beast NT w the motor and quickness of a 4-3 dt

iSaYughh

Starter
Spiller will be great also he's real humble and has the desire to be great if nit the best( not getting ahead of myself ), but him going to buffalo will be interesting considering they wanna trade Lynch, so they could get value for em and Spiller gives them a dynamic weapon on offense someone who could be a C.Johnson type running back

Spiller is filthy. CJ with better 3rd down passing down skills to me.

My draft board for giants hadus drafting up for him as nmbr1 priority. JPP was my 2nd choice. I actually had raiders taking JPP lol.

I also wanted us to trade 2nd and a 3rd and future 2nd to get Dez when he dipped to 20's. Sighs.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Spiller is filthy. CJ with better 3rd down passing down skills to me.

My draft board for giants hadus drafting up for him as nmbr1 priority. JPP was my 2nd choice. I actually had raiders taking JPP lol.

I also wanted us to trade 2nd and a 3rd and future 2nd to get Dez when he dipped to 20's. Sighs.

he is Buffalo will be more then satisfied with him he may even resurrect the
franchise.

JPP is an interesting pick for you guys and it'll be interesting to see if you guys let go of Osi now pretty interesting situations coming along across the league.

as for us i loved the first 2 picks in Bryant and Lee, we took the OROY in Bryant dude will be awesome and i get to watch him develop into one of the leagues best WR's by the end of his second year he'll be considered to be the best as he will already have a superbowl ring =p lmaoo

but our 4th round pick of Awsuwi-Okauha( ****ed that name up ) dude has alot of potential but he's raw and is a project considering we want to move him to S but for the moment ill give the job to Micheal Hamlin he played good as a rookie coming off injury

iSaYughh

Starter
Word. Sean Lee is actually a player I *BADLY* wanted the giants to draft. That kid is going to be a real beast. He was a great 2nd round pick for you.

I'm dreading having to face Dez right away, and I think Lee can come to haunt us too.

I read that JJones compared Dez...and the hunger to get him...to how Randy Moss slid on draft day due to "charachter concerns"....that's a scary thought lol....

Cowgirl :))) offense is going to be real slick and scary....I don't really think your o-line is too good, but Romo is so damn mobile and he improvises so good I don't see it being a big prob considering the weapons you have had -- and now have even more.

NFC East has probably never been so stacked, especially if Kolb can be pretty good for the Eagirls.

Eagle fans have to be shitting themselves over how this draft went and that their management traded mcnabb to a division rival to boot lmao.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Dez Bryant is going to make up for Roy Williams pathetic-ness. Maybe not this year, but by his third year Dez and Miles Austin could be the best WR tandem in the league.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Remember how good last year's draft was? I don't want to make a thread for the sophomores, but my top 5 offensive sophomores that I can't wait to look out for in 2011 are:

1.) Mike Crabtree : This guy is going to be unleashed. Watch out folks he's gonna show Oakland especially what they passed on. I'm predicting 1300 yds with 10 td. Monster numbers.

2.) Matthew Stafford: He's got a rocket arm. I'm really curious to see whether he progresses or regresses next year. He showed glimpses of super-stardom, and JaWalrus-dom at times last year.

3.) Derrius Heyward-Bust: I am so intrigued by this guy. His hands are god awful and his route running was atrocious. But he's got everything else you want in a WR. I'm just intrigued to see whether he can become an AVERAGE player at least. He was so awful last year it was downright scary. In fairness he had JaWalrus at the helm, he's got a real QB now. So DHB if your not a bust, prove me and all the other haters wrong next year.

4.) Sanchize- I know he's better than Stafford now. He doesn't have the lazer arm but he doesn't need it. He's got all the talent in the world around him. Will he Big Ben? Or will he Joe Flacco? Neither is bad but one got a super bowl ring in his second year, while the other played like shit in the playoffs.

5.) Brandon Pettigrew- This guy was amazing at Ok State in college. He showed glimpses as a pro. Had a game winning touchdown catch. I think he can be the next great tight end. Tony G is near the end of his career, and in my mind, Pettigrew is the one who will replace his legacy. Stafford can't go wrong with Calvin Johnson and Pettigrew to throw to.

iSaYughh

Starter
Hmmm. Those are 5 interesting players to watch, for sure.

I'm kinda curious about what the Lions can do in general this year. I'm high on Stafford -- higher than Sanchez -- and CalvinJ is my favorite wideout in the league.

Oak are fcking fools to not have picked Crabtree. Simple as that. It's unreal they passed on him, and took DHB of all peeps. Crabtree's a total beast like Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't like speedsters in the mold of DarriusHBay in the NFL as your #1...big/strong beasts like Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Crabtree (Plaxico, sighs...) are what you want.

IMO, Sanchez is the most overrated player/prospect in the game. I'm dying to see what he does this year, though.

On that note, no frachise is currently run better than the Jets. They've been capitalizing on how damn TIGHT every other org in the game is, and wheeling and dealing and running circles around the "conservative" league.

It's like in poker -- when every1 is a tightass, you play super loose and you rape. Just what the Jets have been doing and look what they've done in short time.

And to think that they squandered a TOP pick on Ghoulston!!!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Word. Sean Lee is actually a player I *BADLY* wanted the giants to draft. That kid is going to be a real beast. He was a great 2nd round pick for you.

I'm dreading having to face Dez right away, and I think Lee can come to haunt us too.

I read that JJones compared Dez...and the hunger to get him...to how Randy Moss slid on draft day due to "charachter concerns"....that's a scary thought lol....

Cowgirl :))) offense is going to be real slick and scary....I don't really think your o-line is too good, but Romo is so damn mobile and he improvises so good I don't see it being a big prob considering the weapons you have had -- and now have even more.

NFC East has probably never been so stacked, especially if Kolb can be pretty good for the Eagirls.

Eagle fans have to be shitting themselves over how this draft went and that their management traded mcnabb to a division rival to boot lmao.

yea man the East is probably the best division in football now we got the giants who are a great team just fell apart mentally, the eagles who are a question but have alot of weapons especially with jackson getting better, and Redskins improved a ton when they got McNabb then theres us who have the postseason monkey off our backs, and motivation that the superbowl in Dallas this year.

i loved the Lee pick dude will be a beast later on in the future just hope that Acl heeled up nicely and the o-line is scaring me at this point, romo helps a little but he cant improvise if his blind spot isnt guarded haha hopefully we can figure it out, and we all know our run d is sick but our secondary had questions im hyped about Mike Jenkins though took big strides last year so i hope he can continue on it and become that no.1 corner. im expecting 7-8 intos from him

yea Jones regrets not taking Moss so he didnt wanna make the same mistake twice haha, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" jones didnt want that the motto in the war rooms from now on hahah

Dez Bryant is going to make up for Roy Williams pathetic-ness. Maybe not this year, but by his third year Dez and Miles Austin could be the best WR tandem in the league.

yea man, i love this dude ( nohomo ) his hand-eye coordination is damn good, and he makes big plays in traffic which is important to be successful and best thing is he has the hunger to be great and in the NFL thats a huge thing, his numbers will translate to the NFL and could be Romos top target soon haha, we gonna have our own Harrison-Wayne thing going :cool: 2 pro bowl wideouts

Remember how good last year's draft was? I don't want to make a thread for the sophomores, but my top 5 offensive sophomores that I can't wait to look out for in 2011 are:

1.) Mike Crabtree : This guy is going to be unleashed. Watch out folks he's gonna show Oakland especially what they passed on. I'm predicting 1300 yds with 10 td. Monster numbers. top Wideout in the future hahah

2.) Matthew Stafford: He's got a rocket arm. I'm really curious to see whether he progresses or regresses next year. He showed glimpses of super-stardom, and JaWalrus-dom at times last year. i like this dude and want him to succeed

3.) Derrius Heyward-Bust: I am so intrigued by this guy. His hands are god awful and his route running was atrocious. But he's got everything else you want in a WR. I'm just intrigued to see whether he can become an AVERAGE player at least. He was so awful last year it was downright scary. In fairness he had JaWalrus at the helm, he's got a real QB now. So DHB if your not a bust, prove me and all the other haters wrong next year.

this pick shocked me with Crabtree on the board for em hahaha, maybe now with a QB who could trow he could live up the billing

4.) Sanchize- I know he's better than Stafford now. He doesn't have the lazer arm but he doesn't need it. He's got all the talent in the world around him. Will he Big Ben? Or will he Joe Flacco? Neither is bad but one got a super bowl ring in his second year, while the other played like shit in the playoffs. lets see with all the weapons he got on offense he has no excuse to not put up great numbers and he has the PLayoff experience which helped rookie QBs in their second years ( M.RYAN ) loll

5.) Brandon Pettigrew- This guy was amazing at Ok State in college. He showed glimpses as a pro. Had a game winning touchdown catch. I think he can be the next great tight end. Tony G is near the end of his career, and in my mind, Pettigrew is the one who will replace his legacy. Stafford can't go wrong with Calvin Johnson and Pettigrew to throw to.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
KYLE WILSON!!!!!!!!

Kyle+Wilson1.jpg

draft_lens9561721module85308051photo_1266393988KyleWilsonCoverage.jpg

and

JOE MCKNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

joe-mcknight-usc-zumasportsworld442490.jpg

damn...he's fast...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
McKnight was as hyped as Reggie Bush coming out of high school. His college career was disapointing when you consider the hype. But he can definetely be a good impact player in the NFL.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
KYLE WILSON!!!!!!!!

Kyle+Wilson1.jpg

draft_lens9561721module85308051photo_1266393988KyleWilsonCoverage.jpg

and

STRAIGHT UP NASTY! dude is sick man great pickup you guys will have THE best cb's in the league in a couple of years

JOE MCKNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

joe-mcknight-usc-zumasportsworld442490.jpg

damn...he's fast...

he's gonna make losing Washington not a big deal hahaha