To be the best ever, Lebron has to win a title in NY

None of the best players of all time won championships for teams no one cares about but their own city.

If magic johnson won a title with the suns, to me his name just wouldnt ring a bell the way it does with the lakers

If Jordan played for the orlando magic his whole career, I just dont feel like it would be the same a Jordan's bulls

If Larry Bird won a few titles with the seattle supersonics eh ?

or if Shaq had won a title in Orlando instead of moving to hollywood ?

even Dwayne wades title in miami, I feel like if you traded him and kobe things would seem so much different in regards to where we place him as a player.

THe only thing missing here is an NBA great winning a title in NY

LEbron set it in stone when he stated, NY has never had like the best player in the league before and he was right. but why is that ? is it because its too hard to win it all here, or just sheer bad luck.

Boston, Chicago, LA, harbored the best players ever from bird to magic, to wilt, to kareem, to shaq, to jordan, to pippen, to phil jackson, to red aerbauch, to pat riley, to kevin garnett, to paul pierce. Where is new yorks trend

I feel if Lebron similarly to MAgic Johnsons statement earlier this year

truly wants to go down in history along with that list

he has to win a title in a New york KNicks jersey

Now people will revere him regardless as one of the best ever s legend if you will if he wins a title or two in Cleveland

but really

if he won one in NY he would stand on a cloud of his own when he retires, as the best player to ever play the game.

Does any one agree or disagree ?

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
I AGREE lebron wins a championship here he will become larger then BABE RUTH and JETER put 2gether no offense 2 them but that's the truth .... he will have NY in the palm of his hands , he'll have a sculpture in front of the garden what more can you ask for YES he has endorsements , but in NY he will have so much money he can use it as toilet paper , i see it like this he wins a championship for the factory city he might look at NY but if he doesn't he stays

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He'd have to win at least 4 or 5 to be put past Jordan and Russell. ****ing hell...Imagine 4-5 championships. My life would honestly improve!!!

I Dunno, I personally think basketball is one of those sports where yes 4 or 5 is great, but you can win one and make your name stick forever. If its in the right City. When it comes down a team, then winning more than one is important in terms of a dynasty. ITs NY Man If wade or lebron, who in my mind are the only two names worth speaking about this off season every one else needs others around them to make the better, lebron and wade are the standard, but if lebron or wade win even one title in NY its bigger than kobe winning 4 in LA. think about it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

After thinking about it, I have to entirely disagree. Why isn't Wilt Chamberlain considered the GOAT with these career stats:

30ppg, 23rpg, 4.4apg, and blocks weren't even recorded that far back. Scored 100 points in a game. Only center ever to lead the league in assists. Averaged over 50ppg in 61-62 season. Claims to have blocked 26 shots in a game on Xmas day. Also got his wang in over 10,000 birds. Never believed that though. Unless he was also the only center in history to have multiple trouser snakes as well.

He's not the greatest because of Bill Russell. 11 rings to Wilt's 3. That simple. Everyone "oohs" and "ahhhs" about monster players, but everyone bows to champions.

Lebron will absolutely have to win 4+ to literally earn the anointment of basketball's best ever. Sure winning in NY would be an amplified version of a win in either Miami or Cleveland, even LA, but it doesn't detract from the fact that the goal of any sport is to win and it's only the best players on the winningest teams with the most hardware that are donned "The Greatest".

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
winning one in nyc would echo much louder than any where else... being his first one, and the first one for the Knicks in a while, it would def make him a popular guy in the city as well as the world..look at Clyde, he won what two championships many years ago, and hes the guy the knicks use to tout their achievements... bringing us to the playoffs would be huge, but winning a ring would def. put him up there among the Knicks greats (obviously) to be mentioned for a long time to come... and if he wins multiple and does it the right way, he'd be the Jeter of the town.

If the Cavs don't win this year it will have been 7 seasons coming up short.. even if they do win, i think James coming to nyc w Bosh will lead to many more championships for him in the long run.. so whether you think it's 'all about winning to these guys' or that it's more money/popularity, nyc would make the most sense.. James knows a big time player, that the cavs can't sign, will follow him to NYC if he goes..and that he'd have just as good a shot, likely better, at winning a championship as he would in cleveland

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I was thinking...this offseason does not follow whatever Lebron chooses. He has to keep in mind what the other big free agents choose as well. For example, if Lebron resigns with the Cavs and Wade signs with Chicago, or Bosh signs with Wade in Miami (or New York), his chances of winning a title take a significant drop. Wade in Chicao, or Bosh + Wade in Miami, would be a much better team than the Cavs with Lebron (and minus Shaq and Z).

If it is all about winning, as he's said many times, he has to still consider the rebuilding Knicks. Lebron + Bosh (or Amare) + Knicks roster will be a much better challenger to whatever team Wade ends up with.

Or he and Amare can sign with the Nets, and Wade and Bosh can sign with the Heat, and then we're really f*cked...for another decade (unless we can somehow get CP3).

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Or he and Amare can sign with the Nets, and Wade and Bosh can sign with the Heat, and then we're really f*cked...for another decade (unless we can somehow get CP3).

Well, the way I see things, the only way the Knicks don't get screwed is if Superstars all head out west for some reason. The Nets will be the biggest threat in the Atlantic since they have an established star center and huge tracts of cap space.