Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Joe Johnson??

  1. #1
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Joe Johnson??

    Forget Joe Johnson. I hope we don't sign him. Or at least don't sign him to the money he wants. The fact that he can't lead a much more talented Hawk's team past the Bucks minus their best player is reason to pass on this guy. I would sign him for $10-12 mil. No way is this guy worth a max, or close to max, contract.


    And Jennings was a major miss by us.

  2. #2
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Forget Joe Johnson. I hope we don't sign him. Or at least don't sign him to the money he wants. The fact that he can't lead a much more talented Hawk's team past the Bucks minus their best player is reason to pass on this guy. I would sign him for $10-12 mil. No way is this guy worth a max, or close to max, contract.


    And Jennings was a major miss by us.
    Yea some big game from JJ last night. A whopping 13 points when his team and city need him most.

    PASS!

  3. #3
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    If they lose to the Bucks, we should be on the phone to J Smooth. Offer D Lee, get Smith the All Star nod he deserves.

    ooooohhhh a flying pig...

  4. #4
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I don't think it's Joe Johnson's fault that the Hawks are down 3-2 to the Bucks.
    Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby have not been playing up to par.
    Plus, Johnson has never been the type of player to take over at any given time. He usually scores 20-25 points, and every once in awhile, he has a 30+ point game. The talent he's surrounded with makes him look better than he really is. If Dwyane Wade had the talent the Hawks have, they would be the favorites to win the East.

    The Hawks still have a chance to win this series. Game 6 will be just as much win or go home for the Bucks as it is for the Hawks. I don't think the Bucks want to try and beat the Hawks in Atlanta, in game 7, so it's do or die for both teams.

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Forget Joe Johnson. I hope we don't sign him. Or at least don't sign him to the money he wants. The fact that he can't lead a much more talented Hawk's team past the Bucks minus their best player is reason to pass on this guy. I would sign him for $10-12 mil. No way is this guy worth a max, or close to max, contract.


    And Jennings was a major miss by us.
    Johnson is not worth a Max but i do see him leaving if the Hawks lose against the Bucks....

    I like Johnson and Lee on this team with a center that can block shots and rebound, we would make the playoffs atleast.

    We should not forget him, but use him as a plan B or plan C if everyone signs somewhere else.

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Yea some big game from JJ last night. A whopping 13 points when his team and city need him most.

    PASS!
    all in the 4th quarter when they needed it

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I don't think it's Joe Johnson's fault that the Hawks are down 3-2 to the Bucks.
    Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby have not been playing up to par.
    Plus, Johnson has never been the type of player to take over at any given time. He usually scores 20-25 points, and every once in awhile, he has a 30+ point game. The talent he's surrounded with makes him look better than he really is. If Dwyane Wade had the talent the Hawks have, they would be the favorites to win the East.

    The Hawks still have a chance to win this series. Game 6 will be just as much win or go home for the Bucks as it is for the Hawks. I don't think the Bucks want to try and beat the Hawks in Atlanta, in game 7, so it's do or die for both teams.
    Agreed. But that is precisely the reason why I don't want to sign him to the money he will be asking for.

    He is like David Lee. A good player, an All-Star, but not the team leader to take over games. I would sign him for $11-12 mil (close to what Lee is worth). Definitely not close to a max contract, which is what he wants.

    If we pay Lee $13-14 mil and Johnson $15-16 mil this offseason, we severly overpaid and wasted our money.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Agreed. Lee isn't worth that and Johnson isn't worth a max contract.

    Let's keep in mind that Johnson isn't a superstar in the sense that he's the major player on his team - one could even argue that he isn't even the major player on his team! I would even say that the Hawks owe their success more to the presence of Jamal Crawford off the bench and their strong presence inside the paint with Horford and Smith over Johnson's scoring in the backcourt - Johnson is a #2 player, he's not a max player, and he's not a franchise player.

  9. #9
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Joe Johnson = H20 2.0

    No thanks! I'll pass on him!

  10. #10
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Joe Johnson = H20 2.0

    No thanks! I'll pass on him!
    Healthy Allan Houston> JJ

    JJ doesn't deserve anywhere near a max contract. LJ put it best. He should be paid a million more than David Lee. That's it.


    But let's not vilify the guy. He is a very good player. Just not max contract good.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Thumbs down

    Agreed. But nobody should be surprised if our plans go SNAFU and we overpay bigtime (Lee. JJ.)

    pg Collison-Rubio
    ss JJ-Douglas
    sf Gallo-Chandler
    pf Lee-TyrusT
    c Emeka

    If we were to blow our load on this squad I wouldn't puke. Supremely deep and it'd be fun. Don't know about it being finals materials tho...let alone right away.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We can't think too big.

    We can't think about being a finals team when our team has been the absolute joke of the NBA for the past nine years. We can think about being a team built to win it all when we, you know, make the playoffs a few times and get our organization some postseason experience we've been lacking for the past decade

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    We can't think too big.

    We can't think about being a finals team when our team has been the absolute joke of the NBA for the past nine years. We can think about being a team built to win it all when we, you know, make the playoffs a few times and get our organization some postseason experience we've been lacking for the past decade
    true everyone thinks that a few trades are actually possible and we can have a championship team.

    The only way we get a champ team is if we get Lebron or D Wade by some miracle this off season, sign another big name...then use Eddy Curry's contract for another decent player to a team that wants to shed cap space.

  14. #14
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Well the Hawks escaped the Bucks. Johnson had a forgettable 4-14 8 pt game. But if he does well against the Magic, and the Hawks give them a tough time, he'll probably get a max contract from someone.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    My thoughts exactly. Joe Johnson was pretty much a non-factor in the Hawks' series clinching win - that's NOT the type of player that I want on our team for a max contract. I feel the Hawks owe their success more to strong paint play from Al Horford and Josh Smith and explosive scoring from Jamal Crawford off the bench than they do Joe Johnson, but that might just be me

Similar Threads

  1. Johnson has no desire to leave Atlanta
    By KNICKMATIC809 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2010, 00:06
  2. Espn.com insider has Knicks going for Joe Johnson
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Feb 15, 2010, 20:23
  3. Should Knicks approach Atlanta about Johnson trade?
    By hometheaterguy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2009, 19:03
  4. Avery Johnson for Coach
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2008, 14:41
  5. Magic Johnson Rips Lakers
    By rady in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 14, 2004, 15:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •