Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed Nowitzki may test market

Default Disappointed Nowitzki may test market

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It seems like there is one more year left on Nowitzki's contract for 21+mil and he may opt out. If he does, what are his chances in signing with the Knicks? I think this guy deserves max contract for sure.

Banned

Default really?

Dirk? Oh no way... the last thing we need is to sign a proven LOSER to a max contract.. when will this trend end?

NO thanks.

He has about 3 or 4 years left of good basketball in him and if he can't win a championship with the Mavericks he definitely won't win one with a team that has a worse roster like the Knicks.

Dirk AND Gallo = Redundancy

I'd like Dirk to sign with the Suns to play with Nash again if Amar'e doesn't return.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Apr 30, 2010 at 15:22.

I wouldn't mind a line-up of :

Chris Paul (Eddy Trade)
    Anthony Marrow (FA)
    Gallo
    D.Lee
    Dirk

now that would be a sick offensive team!

Originally Posted by dlee420
    Dirk? Oh no way... the last thing we need is to sign a proven LOSER to a max contract.. when will this trend end?
    Proven loser? At least his teams win 50 games almost every year in the regular season. It's been a good decade since we've done that. But no way I'd want to give him a max contract, he's to old.

yeah dude has an mvp. a 20,000 pnt scorer, 50 wins a season over the past decade in the west, all nba teamer for almost a decade, was the only player who stepped up that whole series as if he was on the floor alone the whole time, and lost to the spurs who were clicking at all times which any team in the league can lose to the spurs if they are playing on the top of their game. Also lead his team to the finals only to lose to a stacked heat squad after going up 2 games to 0 and then wade went off.
    I would have to say Dirk is a proven winner in my book.

I rather take Dirk at his age than Joe Johnson.

Nah..Ill pass. Too old. This wouldve been a different story if it were say maybe 2 or 3 years earlier.

It's funny how knicks fans (beggars) are now so selective about how other teams all star players are not good enough (choosers) to play for the knicks. It is really getting old hearing oh this guy is too old or this guy is a choker. Earth to knick fans. Gallinari isn't Dirk Nowitzki. The only thing Tony Douglas and Tony parker will ever have in common is their first name. Wilson Chandler isn't Joe Johnson. If someone is willing to take Curry's contract get rid of it. We just can't sit back and let Walsh just put together the best team possible regardless of name and appreciate finally being relevant again. You just can't be so picky in trying to instill a culture of winning here in NY. Once you have built that type of credential and have turned the team into a winning organization then you can tweak and pick and choose because younger players who will be free agents down the road will be lining up to come to NY. But up until then we need to get proven winners.

Err. Dirk will begin to decline VERY soon.. Now if you're willing to OVERPAY him with MAX money then go right on ahead. That'll be just continuing the long stretch of bad management we've had for awhile now. I'd take Dirk at a resonable price for sure.. But by no means do you build around someone who's prime is near its end. NEVER!

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Err. Dirk will begin to decline VERY soon.. Now if you're willing to OVERPAY him with MAX money then go right on ahead. That'll be just continuing the long stretch of bad management we've had for awhile now. I'd take Dirk at a resonable price for sure.. But by no means do you build around someone who's prime is near its end. NEVER!
    You know we all talk about a "reasonable price" but never do we talk about "number of years"....WHY???

I personally don't see Dirk declining "very soon". He is a finesse player. He has never really had any major injury problems. I think he has at least 3-5 peak years left. If he was the bruising physical type of player then maybe he would decline quicker. He is 31 And I am definitely not opposed to a 3 year deal. Duncan had one of his most efficient seasons yet and he's 33.

True.. But big men normally do break down quicker. Also Dirk plays almost year round playing for his country in the summers. He has alot of mileage on him. I could be wrong, BUT I'd put good money on dirk only having about 3 good years left.