Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knicks should look at Kevin Prichard

Rumor Knicks should look at Kevin Prichard

It's only a rumor, but a rumor that every Knicks fan should look at since the front office is an area we have had problems with for the past decade, thanks Isiah. Rumor has it that Kevin Pritchard might be out of Portland this year, if Donnie is going to sign any GM it should be this guy.

Pritchard's future in Portland?

9:19AM ET
    Portland Trail Blazers

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] general manager [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] held an end-of-season media session Monday and touched on a bunch of topics, including his own fate with the team. Pritchard says there are no indications that he won't be back in Portland next season.
    "I can only control what I can control, and right now I'm working on getting ready for the draft," Pritchard told [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. "It's one thing we've done pretty good."
    There was widespread speculation that Pritchard would not be retained after Tom Penn was fired, but that doesn't look like that's going to occur now, or is it?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in his blog yesterday: "There is a lot of noise out there right now about Pritchard. I've heard his name connected to two or three teams already, including a couple that don't even have a vacancy yet in their front office. I've also heard he's pretty certain he won't be back and has plans to reunite his entire front office team from Portland in some other locale."

That would be dope if we could snag him. Great bball mind and knows how to build a team.

Great Bball mind??? HUH... The guy made one of the biggest draft day blunders since Sam Bowie was taken over MJ. Deciding to take Oden instead of Durant is inexcusable. Sure he did make a nice trade on draft day by trading for Roy But come on man..... And for those of you who are going to argue "nobody knew Durant would be that good so quick" seriously stop watching basketball. I like Chris Mullin for this team alot more than Pritchard.

Originally Posted by ibraheim718
    Great Bball mind??? HUH... The guy made one of the biggest draft day blunders since Sam Bowie was taken over MJ. Deciding to take Oden instead of Durant is inexcusable. Sure he did make a nice trade on draft day by trading for Roy But come on man..... And for those of you who are going to argue "nobody knew Durant would be that good so quick" seriously stop watching basketball. I like Chris Mullin for this team alot more than Pritchard.
    Everyone knew Durant was going to be that good...it's difficult to pass up a legitimate big man though, especially one as touted as Oden was coming out of Ohio State (I think everyone on this forum understands just how important a big man is...).

Pritchard has his team in an excellent position for the future. Sure he doesn't have Kevin Durant, but you failed to mention the combination of young players in Roy, Bayless, Fernandez, Oden, and Aldridge that Pritchard brought it. Not to mention he pulled off trades to get ALL of them besides Oden. He obviously has good relationships with contacts around the league if he's able to pull off move like that.

He has experience building a team with youth, and with Donnie Walsh in the front office with him, I think they could do a great job of building a young team around 2 max contract quality players this off-season.

Great Bball mind??? HUH... .
    This would have maybe had SOME validity to it if you had any evidence whatsoever

but then...

I like Chris Mullin for this team alot more than Pritchard

yeah....uhmmm do I really need to say more?

I forgot how great Mullin's basketball mind was working when he dished out multi year deals to Corey Maggette and Ronny Turiaf, let Baron Davis walk, picked Brandan Wright over players like Joakim Noah, Thaddeus Young, Aaron Brooks, and Carl Landry, traded away Stephen Jackson, AND ended up being demoted to cap off his excellent career building a young team. He committed himself and his front office staff to Monte "Chucky the Chucker" Ellis as his future PG, and ended up in lottery once again. Once they got rid of Mullin, they land Stephen Curry, a real point guard of the future, and look to be on track...

FAIL

Oden was touted as the next Bill Russell.
    Durant was touted as T-Mac 2.0

Centers>Small Forwards

So I understand why Portland took Oden. Obviously only Durant has lived up to his end of the deal.

Don't forget how he got B-Roy though. Getting Roy for Randy Foye is near incredible. And Lamarcus Alridge or Tyrus Thomas? Another plus. How bout Jaryd Bayless for Brandon Rush? Bayless is going to be clearly better.

Butttttttt......
    What is inexcusable is that Portland could have had Cp3 or D-Williams. Instead they got left with Martell Webster. Lol now that's a shame. (He wasn't GM when this happened, I'm just saying how he made up for his previous GM's blunder)

But Pritchard is the real deal. He'd be an amazing successor to Donnie.

I like Prichard a lot, he's got a good eye for young talent.

Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    This would have maybe had SOME validity to it if you had any evidence whatsoever

but then...

I forgot how great Mullin's basketball mind was working when he dished out multi year deals to Corey Maggette and Ronny Turiaf, let Baron Davis walk, picked Brandan Wright over players like Joakim Noah, Thaddeus Young, Aaron Brooks, and Carl Landry, traded away Stephen Jackson, AND ended up being demoted to cap off his excellent career building a young team. He committed himself and his front office staff to Monte "Chucky the Chucker" Ellis as his future PG, and ended up in lottery once again. Once they got rid of Mullin, they land Stephen Curry, a real point guard of the future, and look to be on track...

FAIL
    You crack me up.... When was the last time the Blazers won a playoff series? It's been ten years.

Alot of those moves you brought up were influenced by Don Nelson. Seriously you just want to discredit the fact that Mullin put together a pretty good team with great chemistry in 2008 that went on to beat Dallas the #1 seed. Look we all know who is going to be calling the shots for the knicks regardless who the GM is and that's Walsh. I would prefer Walsh to hire someone he is comfortable with and someone who knows the NY landscape. It's just my preference.
    Last edited by ibraheim718; May 04, 2010 at 22:26.

Bayless=hasn't done jack.
    Fernandez=comes up small.
    Aldridge= a big guy shooting jumpers.
    Webster=Whoopee
    Outlaw=Another skinny guy that shoots jumpers.
    Batum=meh...
    Oden=Sam Bowie

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Oden was touted as the next Bill Russell.
    Durant was touted as T-Mac 2.0

Centers>Small Forwards

So I understand why Portland took Oden. Obviously only Durant has lived up to his end of the deal.

Don't forget how he got B-Roy though. Getting Roy for Randy Foye is near incredible. And Lamarcus Alridge or Tyrus Thomas? Another plus. How bout Jaryd Bayless for Brandon Rush? Bayless is going to be clearly better.

Butttttttt......
    What is inexcusable is that Portland could have had Cp3 or D-Williams. Instead they got left with Martell Webster. Lol now that's a shame. (He wasn't GM when this happened, I'm just saying how he made up for his previous GM's blunder)

But Pritchard is the real deal. He'd be an amazing successor to Donnie.
    Tmac2.0???? Child please.

Centers>small forwards 20 years ago maybe.

HUh funny thing 1 and 2 in MVP voting this year were small forwards. Quit living in the past.

Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity

but then...

FAIL
    Funny all these moves happened after Nelson was brought in. These were all Nelson type moves don't kid yourself.

Veteran

Please, we all know that Nellie is the biggest reason the Warriors are sucking...

Funny all these moves happened after Nelson was brought in. These were all Nelson type moves don't kid yourself.
    Funny how Don Nelson is the coach not the GM. He could have been fired at any point.

Nice excuse for a lack of evidence. It's pretty EVIDENT that Mullin has no business being our GM. I've had enough bad contracts for one decade.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Please, we all know that Nellie is the biggest reason the Warriors are sucking...
    So you want to tell me giving Rony Turiaf and Corey Maggette multiple year contracts at inflated prices was Nelson's fault? What happens on the court may be Nelly's fault, but contracts like that are "inexcusable" as you say about everything.

Is is Nelly's fault that Mullin shanked every draft he was a part of as GM? Is it a coincidence that they find a future star the first year he's gone?

Blame it on him all you want, but it's obvious Mullin had a connection to the recent struggles. Hence he was fired....

Bayless=hasn't done jack.
    Fernandez=comes up small.
    Aldridge= a big guy shooting jumpers.
    Webster=Whoopee
    Outlaw=Another skinny guy that shoots jumpers.
    Batum=meh...
    Oden=Sam Bowie
    Opinions sir....not one fact.

Bayless SHOWED he's capable of dropping 30 when hot. (Check the game log for the EVIDENCE not opinion)

Fernandez has underperformed this year, but has proven he's a capable young player by averaging around 10 points a game off the bench for a deep Blazer's backcourt that includes Andre Miller, Brandon Roy, Bayless, Martel Webster and Rudy.

"Webster=Whoopee"? Does that even warrant a response? Did I even mention him as a part of their young core? He's a solid role player, but nothing more. But I wouldn't consider "whoopee" evidence of his incompetence. Child please yourself Ochobitcho.

Outlaw isn't even on their team...sooo...uhm...

Oden:Sam Bowie::Galloanny Manning

We wont know until he recovers from injury!! Both in Oden's case and Gallo's

Batum starts for Portland and averages around 24 mpg and still manages to put up about 10.1 points a game. That's steady improvement upon his last year's numbers of 5.1 ppg in 19 minutes. He's making undeniable progress as a prospect.

You can use the 2008 team as an example all you want, but it was ultimately Mullin's choice to blow up the "solid core" that he put together. This "core" you speak of consisted of one player: Baron Davis, whom Mullin let walk to the NBA's most pathetic franchise. In return, he signs Biedrins to a multi-year deal, offers Turiaf a ludicrous contract to lure him away from L.A., and takes Maggette off the Clippers hands for a multi-year deal as well. ALL AT INFLATED PRICES. You can cry about the Blazers not winning a playoff series all you want, but how many times did Golden State even SEE the opportunity to do so? ONCE in an entire decade!!!!

We all know how "personal relationships" in the NBA front offices works out. Isiah anyone? I'd much rather have a person that Donnie doesn't feel "buddy-buddy" with so that we keep our eye on the prize: winning the title. Personal relationships blind people to the objective at times, and I'd rather see a "strictly-business" mind set by our front office moving forward.