Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64

Thread: Knicks should look at Kevin Prichard

  1. #16
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Opinions sir....not one fact.

    Bayless SHOWED he's capable of dropping 30 when hot. (Check the game log for the EVIDENCE not opinion)

    Fernandez has underperformed this year, but has proven he's a capable young player by averaging around 10 points a game off the bench for a deep Blazer's backcourt that includes Andre Miller, Brandon Roy, Bayless, Martel Webster and Rudy.

    "Webster=Whoopee"? Does that even warrant a response? Did I even mention him as a part of their young core? He's a solid role player, but nothing more. But I wouldn't consider "whoopee" evidence of his incompetence. Child please yourself Ochobitcho.

    Outlaw isn't even on their team...sooo...uhm...

    Oden:Sam Bowie::Galloanny Manning

    We wont know until he recovers from injury!! Both in Oden's case and Gallo's

    Batum starts for Portland and averages around 24 mpg and still manages to put up about 10.1 points a game. That's steady improvement upon his last year's numbers of 5.1 ppg in 19 minutes. He's making undeniable progress as a prospect.

    You can use the 2008 team as an example all you want, but it was ultimately Mullin's choice to blow up the "solid core" that he put together. This "core" you speak of consisted of one player: Baron Davis, whom Mullin let walk to the NBA's most pathetic franchise. In return, he signs Biedrins to a multi-year deal, offers Turiaf a ludicrous contract to lure him away from L.A., and takes Maggette off the Clippers hands for a multi-year deal as well. ALL AT INFLATED PRICES. You can cry about the Blazers not winning a playoff series all you want, but how many times did Golden State even SEE the opportunity to do so? ONCE in an entire decade!!!!

    We all know how "personal relationships" in the NBA front offices works out. Isiah anyone? I'd much rather have a person that Donnie doesn't feel "buddy-buddy" with so that we keep our eye on the prize: winning the title. Personal relationships blind people to the objective at times, and I'd rather see a "strictly-business" mind set by our front office moving forward.
    your such a clown.... Show me a GM that hasn't signed anyone to an inflated contract? Your boy Pritchard just gave a ridiculous contract to one Marcus Camby. 2yrs 21mil for a 35 yo injury prone center.... there's no inflation there is there?

    And I mentioned Outlaw because guess what he drafted him peanut head.

    Your a fool. And if you haven't gotten the gist GM's and head coaches are supposed to have good relationships or guess what? It doesn't work. Take Paxson/Del Negro or Kerr/D'antoni for examples little guy.

  2. #17
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ibraheim718
    Bayless=hasn't done jack.
    Fernandez=comes up small.
    Aldridge= a big guy shooting jumpers.
    Webster=Whoopee
    Outlaw=Another skinny guy that shoots jumpers.
    Batum=meh...
    Oden=Sam Bowie
    Bayless needs time but he will be a good offensive PG
    Everybody on this site has wanted Rudy Fernandez for a while now...he hasn't been getting consistent minutes that he deserves with Roy in front of him
    Webster is under rated, makes clutch shots and is a good offensive player
    Outlaw got injured this year, before his injury he was like a Wilson Chandler, young SF that everyone said had upside, he still does, i'd take him
    Batum is getting better, needs time like Bayless
    Oden gets injured alot, but he might be like Amare and stay healthy and then dominate.

    Prichard has a young core in Portland that almost knocked off the suns with a rusty injury returning Roy and with Outlaw and Oden gone...imagine if this team was healthy? No one would be complaining because they'd still be in the playoffs

    Prichard is one of the top 3 GM's in the NBA.

  3. #18
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by ibraheim718
    your such a clown.... Show me a GM that hasn't signed anyone to an inflated contract? Your boy Pritchard just gave a ridiculous contract to one Marcus Camby. 2yrs 21mil for a 35 yo injury prone center.... there's no inflation there is there?

    And I mentioned Outlaw because guess what he drafted him peanut head.

    Your a fool. And if you haven't gotten the gist GM's and head coaches are supposed to have good relationships or guess what? It doesn't work. Take Paxson/Del Negro or Kerr/D'antoni for examples little guy.
    Who are you to say if it's inflated or not yet??? He hasn't played past the contract...At the very least, Camby PLAYED for PORTLAND this year, and is a proven hit for the team. Not to mention the much needed veteran leadership in the locker room with the YOUNG CORE THEY HAVE

    I'm the fool, yet you pump out sentences like:

    And I mentioned Outlaw because guess what he drafted him peanut head.
    What does that even mean?....peanut head. Smfh....

    Pritchard dealt him because he was expendable with all the young talent they already had at his position...so the fact that he drafted him is completely irrelevant. Besides, Outlaw is a good player...Kevin Durant's a skinny guy that shoots jumpers, and he's considered one of the best in the league. That's not saying he's Kevin Durant, but Outlaw is a solid role player on any team when healthy.

    How bout Jerry Buss/Phil Jackson for an example of BUSINESS GM/coach relationships that work little guy? Phil dates his daughter, and gets in a fight with the whole Buss family, yet wait....he still wins championships. Because guess what? Winning championships is the only business the Lakers are concerned with

    Got the gist yet peanut head?

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The dude is going out of his way to call people clowns and fools when he would plug Chandler in @ C and orgasm just so we could showcase more forwards...

    Fact: POR is one of the top5 most enviable franchises in the game and Pritchard has been monumental in making that so.

    They are stacked for the present and even moresoe the looming future. Let alone if Oden gets healthy.

    To take part in what's turning out to be an epic RESULTS-oriented draft blunder and STILL be contending and having an amazing future...

    And the Camby contract isn't bad. Overpaying or paying top dollar isn't mutually exclusive with this premise. Sometimes it is necessary if not outright good to overpay some/pay top dollar.

    For the reasons NYKnu mentioned this is so while providing a necessary prescence and 2yr insurance for Oden. 2yrs is the perfect window/contract length.

    Someone just has a fetish for hating on C's who know how to play D and block shots.
    Last edited by iSaYughh; May 05, 2010 at 09:58.

  5. #20
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Bayless needs time but he will be a good offensive PG
    Everybody on this site has wanted Rudy Fernandez for a while now...he hasn't been getting consistent minutes that he deserves with Roy in front of him
    Webster is under rated, makes clutch shots and is a good offensive player
    Outlaw got injured this year, before his injury he was like a Wilson Chandler, young SF that everyone said had upside, he still does, i'd take him
    Batum is getting better, needs time like Bayless
    Oden gets injured alot, but he might be like Amare and stay healthy and then dominate.

    Prichard has a young core in Portland that almost knocked off the suns with a rusty injury returning Roy and with Outlaw and Oden gone...imagine if this team was healthy? No one would be complaining because they'd still be in the playoffs

    Prichard is one of the top 3 GM's in the NBA.
    Wow... what an excuse laden post. You should be Pritchard's PR guy. Truth is all he has ever done is draft players that look like they are going to be good but never pan out.

    Bayless needs time? Bayless is one dimensional and a point guard he isn't. He couldn't even beat Steve Freggin Blake out of a job.

    Batum while he looks good now I don't think his ceiling is too high. He looks a little frail to me.

    Rudy Fernandez??? He had a perfect opportunity to prove himself in the first round against Phoenix and it took all but 2 games for him to find the pine again after starting. The guy can shoot but that's about it. Heck I even think Gentry was thinking about putting Nash down on the blocks a couple of times when Fernandez tried to guard him.

    Oden's career in no way whatsoever resembles Amare's...NONE. Amare had already established himself in the league prior to his injuries Oden hasn't.

    And you need to differentiate between Imagination and reality.

    If the Dude is so god-like why is he out of work.

    It's not just about drafting talent that looks good and all the little kids think there players are awesome looking by themselves. It's Pritchards responsibility to put a team together that can succeed in the post season.

  6. #21
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Straight off of wikipedia: Pritchards record in Portland.

    In 2007, Steve Patterson resigned, and on March 29, Pritchard was named as the team's general manager. In addition to the selection of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with the #1 pick in the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Pritchard orchestrated two more draft-day trades of significance:
    • The Blazers sent forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], along with guards [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], in exchange for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and a trade exception.
    • The team subsequently used the trade exception to acquire forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and the rights to the #24 pick in the draft, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from the Suns, in exchange for cash.
    Due to his track record of one-sided trades benefiting the Trail Blazers, some sports commentators have coined the phrase "pritch-slap" in honor of Pritchard's alleged managerial acumen.<sup id="cite_ref-pritchslap_0-0" class="reference">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</sup>
    In December 2008, the Blazers attempted to block other NBA teams from signing [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] solely for the purpose of negatively impacting the Blazers' salary cap situation. Miles ended up signing with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and Pritchard was criticized as over-reaching and arrogant.

  7. #22
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    .....And his record as Assistant GM:

    In the 2006 off-season, the team fired Nash, giving Patterson the dual role of GM and president; Pritchard was promoted to assistant general manager where he was involved in the decision making for four significant trades which have been held to be favorable to the Blazers:
    • A deal prior to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which sent [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in exchange for the #7 pick in that year's draft and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    • A draft-day deal which sent [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (the team's draft choice at #4) and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in exchange for the #2 pick, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    • A second draft-day deal which sent the #7 pick in the draft, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], along with cash considerations, to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in exchange for the #6 pick, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Roy would end up being named Rookie of the Year, and would be selected as an All-Star the following three seasons (2008, 2009, 2010).
    • A third draft-day deal in which the team acquired the rights to the #27 pick in the draft, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], from the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in exchange for cash.

  8. #23
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    James Jones? Dude is a pimp.

  9. #24
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sure the guy did well as an assistant. But when he held the job himself he effed up big time and I'm sure he has nightmares of the Durantula torching his Blazers for 40.

  10. #25
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    The dude is going out of his way to call people clowns and fools when he would plug Chandler in @ C and orgasm just so we could showcase more forwards...

    Fact: POR is one of the top5 most enviable franchises in the game and Pritchard has been monumental in making that so.

    They are stacked for the present and even moresoe the looming future. Let alone if Oden gets healthy.

    To take part in what's turning out to be an epic RESULTS-oriented draft blunder and STILL be contending and having an amazing future...

    And the Camby contract isn't bad. Overpaying or paying top dollar isn't mutually exclusive with this premise. Sometimes it is necessary if not outright good to overpay some/pay top dollar.

    For the reasons NYKnu mentioned this is so while providing a necessary prescence and 2yr insurance for Oden. 2yrs is the perfect window/contract length.

    Someone just has a fetish for hating on C's who know how to play D and block shots.
    Do you have any evidence to back up this preposterous claim????

  11. #26
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Who are you to say if it's inflated or not yet??? He hasn't played past the contract...At the very least, Camby PLAYED for PORTLAND this year, and is a proven hit for the team. Not to mention the much needed veteran leadership in the locker room with the YOUNG CORE THEY HAVE

    I'm the fool, yet you pump out sentences like:



    What does that even mean?....peanut head. Smfh....

    Pritchard dealt him because he was expendable with all the young talent they already had at his position...so the fact that he drafted him is completely irrelevant. Besides, Outlaw is a good player...Kevin Durant's a skinny guy that shoots jumpers, and he's considered one of the best in the league. That's not saying he's Kevin Durant, but Outlaw is a solid role player on any team when healthy.

    How bout Jerry Buss/Phil Jackson for an example of BUSINESS GM/coach relationships that work little guy? Phil dates his daughter, and gets in a fight with the whole Buss family, yet wait....he still wins championships. Because guess what? Winning championships is the only business the Lakers are concerned with

    Got the gist yet peanut head?
    How did you get your little fingers to type the names durant and outlaw in the same sentence????

    And FYI Buss owns the team and Kupchek is the gm. And furthermore what you read in the media and what actually happens are 2 different things. I know first hand that Jackson and the Busses get along just fine. Get your nose out of the papers.

  12. #27
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by ibraheim718
    Do you have any evidence to back up this preposterous claim????
    We've been asking you the same thing with Mullin... And here's evidence:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    insider ranks the Blazers players as the 5th best moving forward, and their management as the third best.

    Where's your boy Mullin?

    As I expected, you misread my post about Durant...Like i said, they are not in the same league, and Outlaw is no more than a solid role player, yet you still attempted to assert that I think they are equals...even though I clearly addressed otherwise. Smfh once again.

    To your credit, I made a blatant error in calling Jerry Buss the Gm. However, saying that the media is wrong and that you somehow know the real story and are right is ridiculous. Looks like this guy has maaad hookups leaguewide!...naht.

    You're shooting blanks...

  13. #28
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by ibraheim718
    Wow... what an excuse laden post. You should be Pritchard's PR guy. Truth is all he has ever done is draft players that look like they are going to be good but never pan out.

    Bayless needs time? Bayless is one dimensional and a point guard he isn't. He couldn't even beat Steve Freggin Blake out of a job.

    Batum while he looks good now I don't think his ceiling is too high. He looks a little frail to me.

    Rudy Fernandez??? He had a perfect opportunity to prove himself in the first round against Phoenix and it took all but 2 games for him to find the pine again after starting. The guy can shoot but that's about it. Heck I even think Gentry was thinking about putting Nash down on the blocks a couple of times when Fernandez tried to guard him.

    Oden's career in no way whatsoever resembles Amare's...NONE. Amare had already established himself in the league prior to his injuries Oden hasn't.

    And you need to differentiate between Imagination and reality.

    If the Dude is so god-like why is he out of work.

    It's not just about drafting talent that looks good and all the little kids think there players are awesome looking by themselves. It's Pritchards responsibility to put a team together that can succeed in the post season.
    Yet Chris Mullin only made it to the playoffs once...

  14. #29
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ibraheim718
    Wow... what an excuse laden post. You should be Pritchard's PR guy. Truth is all he has ever done is draft players that look like they are going to be good but never pan out.

    Bayless needs time? Bayless is one dimensional and a point guard he isn't. He couldn't even beat Steve Freggin Blake out of a job.

    Batum while he looks good now I don't think his ceiling is too high. He looks a little frail to me.

    Rudy Fernandez??? He had a perfect opportunity to prove himself in the first round against Phoenix and it took all but 2 games for him to find the pine again after starting. The guy can shoot but that's about it. Heck I even think Gentry was thinking about putting Nash down on the blocks a couple of times when Fernandez tried to guard him.

    Oden's career in no way whatsoever resembles Amare's...NONE. Amare had already established himself in the league prior to his injuries Oden hasn't.

    And you need to differentiate between Imagination and reality.

    If the Dude is so god-like why is he out of work.

    It's not just about drafting talent that looks good and all the little kids think there players are awesome looking by themselves. It's Pritchards responsibility to put a team together that can succeed in the post season.
    Are the Blazers not set for years with their young core?

    The Blazers and the Thunder are the only teams that have most of their players looking to improve next year because of their success with a low average in age.

    Only Miller and Camby have age on that team....Roy and Aldridge are young starters with very high ceilings, and say what you want about Oden, until he has a healthy year you can't say he is a bust or that he sucks in the NBA. And many people did not want Amare at one point because of his injuries and now look at him. That's the point I was getting across, all it takes is one healthy year by Oden and this team can easily make it to the Western Finals.

  15. #30
    Member ibraheim718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Are the Blazers not set for years with their young core?

    The Blazers and the Thunder are the only teams that have most of their players looking to improve next year because of their success with a low average in age.

    Only Miller and Camby have age on that team....Roy and Aldridge are young starters with very high ceilings, and say what you want about Oden, until he has a healthy year you can't say he is a bust or that he sucks in the NBA. And many people did not want Amare at one point because of his injuries and now look at him. That's the point I was getting across, all it takes is one healthy year by Oden and this team can easily make it to the Western Finals.
    I never said Oden was or is a bust. I said Pritchard made one of the biggest draft day blunders since Bowie was chosen over mJ.... Is that not the reality of the situation? Are you aware of what type of seasons Oden would have to put up to redeem that pick?

    I simply questioned someone saying Pritchard was a great basketball mind.

    If you want to call Jerry West a great basketball mind I can agree with that. If you want to say Rc Buford is a great basketball mind...you'd be right. But Pritchard....eehhhhh I can't go that far. And sorry I won't.

    Twenty years from now if Pritchard was still the GM of the Blazers we'd be saying the same things we've been saying these last 10 years..."oh they have great young talent" But at some point that talent has to amount to something more.

    Look I know for all you young 2k10 playing basketball fans it gets you excited to see all these names and hairdo's and cool kicks. And you like the "sexyness" of the Blazers and you get all hot and bothered to see the ages of the players on the team and their one on one game and you like Mcmillan as a coach he's cool. But THEY HAVEN'T DONE JACK.

Similar Threads

  1. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 17:39
  2. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 09:44
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •