Knicks should look at Kevin Prichard

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Straight off of wikipedia: Pritchards record in Portland.

In 2007, Steve Patterson resigned, and on March 29, Pritchard was named as the team's general manager. In addition to the selection of Greg Oden with the #1 pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, Pritchard orchestrated two more draft-day trades of significance:
Due to his track record of one-sided trades benefiting the Trail Blazers, some sports commentators have coined the phrase "pritch-slap" in honor of Pritchard's alleged managerial acumen.<sup id="cite_ref-pritchslap_0-0" class="reference">[1]</sup>
In December 2008, the Blazers attempted to block other NBA teams from signing Darius Miles solely for the purpose of negatively impacting the Blazers' salary cap situation. Miles ended up signing with the Memphis Grizzlies, and Pritchard was criticized as over-reaching and arrogant.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
.....And his record as Assistant GM:

In the 2006 off-season, the team fired Nash, giving Patterson the dual role of GM and president; Pritchard was promoted to assistant general manager where he was involved in the decision making for four significant trades which have been held to be favorable to the Blazers:

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Sure the guy did well as an assistant. But when he held the job himself he effed up big time and I'm sure he has nightmares of the Durantula torching his Blazers for 40.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
The dude is going out of his way to call people clowns and fools when he would plug Chandler in @ C and orgasm just so we could showcase more forwards...:smokin:

Fact: POR is one of the top5 most enviable franchises in the game and Pritchard has been monumental in making that so.

They are stacked for the present and even moresoe the looming future. Let alone if Oden gets healthy.

To take part in what's turning out to be an epic RESULTS-oriented draft blunder and STILL be contending and having an amazing future...

And the Camby contract isn't bad. Overpaying or paying top dollar isn't mutually exclusive with this premise. Sometimes it is necessary if not outright good to overpay some/pay top dollar.

For the reasons NYKnu mentioned this is so while providing a necessary prescence and 2yr insurance for Oden. 2yrs is the perfect window/contract length.

Someone just has a fetish for hating on C's who know how to play D and block shots.

Do you have any evidence to back up this preposterous claim????

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Who are you to say if it's inflated or not yet??? He hasn't played past the contract...At the very least, Camby PLAYED for PORTLAND this year, and is a proven hit for the team. Not to mention the much needed veteran leadership in the locker room with the YOUNG CORE THEY HAVE

I'm the fool, yet you pump out sentences like:

What does that even mean?....peanut head. Smfh....

Pritchard dealt him because he was expendable with all the young talent they already had at his position...so the fact that he drafted him is completely irrelevant. Besides, Outlaw is a good player...Kevin Durant's a skinny guy that shoots jumpers, and he's considered one of the best in the league. That's not saying he's Kevin Durant, but Outlaw is a solid role player on any team when healthy.

How bout Jerry Buss/Phil Jackson for an example of BUSINESS GM/coach relationships that work little guy? Phil dates his daughter, and gets in a fight with the whole Buss family, yet wait....he still wins championships. Because guess what? Winning championships is the only business the Lakers are concerned with

Got the gist yet peanut head?

How did you get your little fingers to type the names durant and outlaw in the same sentence????

And FYI Buss owns the team and Kupchek is the gm. And furthermore what you read in the media and what actually happens are 2 different things. I know first hand that Jackson and the Busses get along just fine. Get your nose out of the papers.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Do you have any evidence to back up this preposterous claim????
We've been asking you the same thing with Mullin... And here's evidence:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FuturePowerRankings-2-091215

insider ranks the Blazers players as the 5th best moving forward, and their management as the third best.

Where's your boy Mullin?

As I expected, you misread my post about Durant...Like i said, they are not in the same league, and Outlaw is no more than a solid role player, yet you still attempted to assert that I think they are equals...even though I clearly addressed otherwise. Smfh once again.

To your credit, I made a blatant error in calling Jerry Buss the Gm. However, saying that the media is wrong and that you somehow know the real story and are right is ridiculous. Looks like this guy has maaad hookups leaguewide!...naht.

You're shooting blanks...

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Wow... what an excuse laden post. You should be Pritchard's PR guy. Truth is all he has ever done is draft players that look like they are going to be good but never pan out.

Bayless needs time? Bayless is one dimensional and a point guard he isn't. He couldn't even beat Steve Freggin Blake out of a job.

Batum while he looks good now I don't think his ceiling is too high. He looks a little frail to me.

Rudy Fernandez??? He had a perfect opportunity to prove himself in the first round against Phoenix and it took all but 2 games for him to find the pine again after starting. The guy can shoot but that's about it. Heck I even think Gentry was thinking about putting Nash down on the blocks a couple of times when Fernandez tried to guard him.

Oden's career in no way whatsoever resembles Amare's...NONE. Amare had already established himself in the league prior to his injuries Oden hasn't.

And you need to differentiate between Imagination and reality.

If the Dude is so god-like why is he out of work.

It's not just about drafting talent that looks good and all the little kids think there players are awesome looking by themselves. It's Pritchards responsibility to put a team together that can succeed in the post season.
Yet Chris Mullin only made it to the playoffs once...

Paul1355

All Star
Wow... what an excuse laden post. You should be Pritchard's PR guy. Truth is all he has ever done is draft players that look like they are going to be good but never pan out.

Bayless needs time? Bayless is one dimensional and a point guard he isn't. He couldn't even beat Steve Freggin Blake out of a job.

Batum while he looks good now I don't think his ceiling is too high. He looks a little frail to me.

Rudy Fernandez??? He had a perfect opportunity to prove himself in the first round against Phoenix and it took all but 2 games for him to find the pine again after starting. The guy can shoot but that's about it. Heck I even think Gentry was thinking about putting Nash down on the blocks a couple of times when Fernandez tried to guard him.

Oden's career in no way whatsoever resembles Amare's...NONE. Amare had already established himself in the league prior to his injuries Oden hasn't.

And you need to differentiate between Imagination and reality.

If the Dude is so god-like why is he out of work.

It's not just about drafting talent that looks good and all the little kids think there players are awesome looking by themselves. It's Pritchards responsibility to put a team together that can succeed in the post season.
Are the Blazers not set for years with their young core?

The Blazers and the Thunder are the only teams that have most of their players looking to improve next year because of their success with a low average in age.

Only Miller and Camby have age on that team....Roy and Aldridge are young starters with very high ceilings, and say what you want about Oden, until he has a healthy year you can't say he is a bust or that he sucks in the NBA. And many people did not want Amare at one point because of his injuries and now look at him. That's the point I was getting across, all it takes is one healthy year by Oden and this team can easily make it to the Western Finals.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Are the Blazers not set for years with their young core?

The Blazers and the Thunder are the only teams that have most of their players looking to improve next year because of their success with a low average in age.

Only Miller and Camby have age on that team....Roy and Aldridge are young starters with very high ceilings, and say what you want about Oden, until he has a healthy year you can't say he is a bust or that he sucks in the NBA. And many people did not want Amare at one point because of his injuries and now look at him. That's the point I was getting across, all it takes is one healthy year by Oden and this team can easily make it to the Western Finals.

I never said Oden was or is a bust. I said Pritchard made one of the biggest draft day blunders since Bowie was chosen over mJ.... Is that not the reality of the situation? Are you aware of what type of seasons Oden would have to put up to redeem that pick?

I simply questioned someone saying Pritchard was a great basketball mind.

If you want to call Jerry West a great basketball mind I can agree with that. If you want to say Rc Buford is a great basketball mind...you'd be right. But Pritchard....eehhhhh I can't go that far. And sorry I won't.

Twenty years from now if Pritchard was still the GM of the Blazers we'd be saying the same things we've been saying these last 10 years..."oh they have great young talent" But at some point that talent has to amount to something more.

Look I know for all you young 2k10 playing basketball fans it gets you excited to see all these names and hairdo's and cool kicks. And you like the "sexyness" of the Blazers and you get all hot and bothered to see the ages of the players on the team and their one on one game and you like Mcmillan as a coach he's cool. But THEY HAVEN'T DONE JACK.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
For all you little "young core" geeks... rank the following young cores.

A)Thunder
B)Grizzlies
C)Blazers
D)Bulls

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
And as for the future.

LBJ isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Durant isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Howard isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Rose isn't going anywhere aytime soon.
D-WIll isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
CP3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Melo isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

where do the balzers Roy and Aldridge fit in amongst the leagues elite?

And take into account Kobe and Gasol are going to stick around for at least 5 more years... when are the Blazers going to have the time in all this mess to contend?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Tmac2.0???? Child please.

Centers>small forwards 20 years ago maybe.

HUh funny thing 1 and 2 in MVP voting this year were small forwards. Quit living in the past.

You do realize that at one point in his career T-Mac average 32 pts 6+ ast and 6+ reb. Being T-Mac 2.0 is high high praise. So you leave the Ochocinco impressions to Ochocinco.

And yes Centers are still more valued than Small Forwards. A poster made a list of the champions of this past decade. Every team had a HOF or all star center. So nah Centers>Small Forwards even now.

The Thunder would have picked Oden if they had the first pick. Maybe you fail to realize the hype Oden received. He was more highly valued than a T-Mac 2.0. Everyone knew Durant would be this good. What people didn't know was that injuries would derail Oden's career.

Pritchard is a great GM. The Blazers are in an enviable position. They still have young talent that aren't even close to their ceiling (cough cough Batum). He's the type of GM NY needs.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
For all you little "young core" geeks... rank the following young cores.

A)Thunder
B)Grizzlies
C)Blazers
D)Bulls

1. Thunder
2. Blazers
3. Bulls
4. Grizzlies

Wow your right bro, only the 2nd best young core in the league? Pritchard is an awful GM. Let's bring in Chris Mullin!

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
We've been asking you the same thing with Mullin... And here's evidence:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FuturePowerRankings-2-091215

insider ranks the Blazers players as the 5th best moving forward, and their management as the third best.

Where's your boy Mullin?

As I expected, you misread my post about Durant...Like i said, they are not in the same league, and Outlaw is no more than a solid role player, yet you still attempted to assert that I think they are equals...even though I clearly addressed otherwise. Smfh once again.

To your credit, I made a blatant error in calling Jerry Buss the Gm. However, saying that the media is wrong and that you somehow know the real story and are right is ridiculous. Looks like this guy has maaad hookups leaguewide!...naht.

You're shooting blanks...

So now whatever ESPN says is the end all be all? I could give 2 rats what ESPN's future power rankings are. How the hell do they know what will unfold.

Portland is so desirable that Camby didn't want to get on the plane when he was traded and he was a Clipper.

And just a tidbit My girlfirends best friend is Phil Jacksons niece. Believe it if you want but he isn't going anywhere and he gets along just fine with the busses.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
You do realize that at one point in his career T-Mac average 32 pts 6+ ast and 6+ reb. Being T-Mac 2.0 is high high praise. So you leave the Ochocinco impressions to Ochocinco.

And yes Centers are still more valued than Small Forwards. A poster made a list of the champions of this past decade. Every team had a HOF or all star center. So nah Centers>Small Forwards even now.

The Thunder would have picked Oden if they had the first pick. Maybe you fail to realize the hype Oden received. He was more highly valued than a T-Mac 2.0. Everyone knew Durant would be this good. What people didn't know was that injuries would derail Oden's career.

Pritchard is a great GM. The Blazers are in an enviable position. They still have young talent that aren't even close to their ceiling (cough cough Batum). He's the type of GM NY needs.

So why is he out of work?

Duncan isn't a center. neither is Gasol. neither is KG. Shaq wasn't even close to his prime. what list?

smokes

Huge Member
1. Thunder
2. Blazers
3. Bulls
4. Grizzlies

Wow your right bro, only the 2nd best young core in the league? Pritchard is an awful GM. Let's bring in Chris Mullin!

I don't know how we're doing the rankings but I'm not sure how the Blazers come out 2nd when their young C (who you guys have been harping on about being super important) is almost as useless as Eddy Curry.

Bulls - Noah (healthy aggressive C), Rose (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore PG), Gibson (solid forward)... Johnson and Warrick ok young roleplayers.

Grizzlies - Gasol (healthy aggressive C), OJ Mayo (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore SG), Rudy Gay (allstar SF), Conley (solid young PG), Brewer (solid forward), Thabeet (unproven but potentially decent defensive C).

vs

Blazers - Oden (crocked C), Roy (allstar SG), Aldridge (solid PF), Batum, Fernandez, Bayless, Webster (ok young roleplayers).

What's so special about Portlands young core apart from Roy?

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
I don't know how we're doing the rankings but I'm not sure how the Blazers come out 2nd when their young C (who you guys have been harping on about being super important) is almost as useless as Eddy Curry.

Bulls - Noah (healthy aggressive C), Rose (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore PG), Gibson (solid forward)... Johnson and Warrick ok young roleplayers.

Grizzlies - Gasol (healthy aggressive C), OJ Mayo (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore SG), Rudy Gay (allstar SF), Conley (solid young PG), Brewer (solid forward), Thabeet (unproven but potentially decent defensive C).

vs

Blazers - Oden (crocked C), Roy (allstar SG), Aldridge (solid PF), Batum, Fernandez, Bayless, Webster (ok young roleplayers).

What's so special about Portlands young core apart from Roy?

There names are cool and they look like good ball players.