Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knicks should look at Kevin Prichard

For all you little "young core" geeks... rank the following young cores.

A)Thunder
    B)Grizzlies
    C)Blazers
    D)Bulls

And as for the future.

LBJ isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Durant isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Howard isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Rose isn't going anywhere aytime soon.
    D-WIll isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    CP3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Melo isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

where do the balzers Roy and Aldridge fit in amongst the leagues elite?

And take into account Kobe and Gasol are going to stick around for at least 5 more years... when are the Blazers going to have the time in all this mess to contend?

Originally Posted by ibraheim718
    Tmac2.0???? Child please.

Centers>small forwards 20 years ago maybe.

HUh funny thing 1 and 2 in MVP voting this year were small forwards. Quit living in the past.
    You do realize that at one point in his career T-Mac average 32 pts 6+ ast and 6+ reb. Being T-Mac 2.0 is high high praise. So you leave the Ochocinco impressions to Ochocinco.

And yes Centers are still more valued than Small Forwards. A poster made a list of the champions of this past decade. Every team had a HOF or all star center. So nah Centers>Small Forwards even now.

The Thunder would have picked Oden if they had the first pick. Maybe you fail to realize the hype Oden received. He was more highly valued than a T-Mac 2.0. Everyone knew Durant would be this good. What people didn't know was that injuries would derail Oden's career.

Pritchard is a great GM. The Blazers are in an enviable position. They still have young talent that aren't even close to their ceiling (cough cough Batum). He's the type of GM NY needs.

For all you little "young core" geeks... rank the following young cores.

A)Thunder
    B)Grizzlies
    C)Blazers
    D)Bulls
    1. Thunder
    2. Blazers
    3. Bulls
    4. Grizzlies

Wow your right bro, only the 2nd best young core in the league? Pritchard is an awful GM. Let's bring in Chris Mullin!

Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    We've been asking you the same thing with Mullin... And here's evidence:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

insider ranks the Blazers players as the 5th best moving forward, and their management as the third best.

Where's your boy Mullin?

As I expected, you misread my post about Durant...Like i said, they are not in the same league, and Outlaw is no more than a solid role player, yet you still attempted to assert that I think they are equals...even though I clearly addressed otherwise. Smfh once again.

To your credit, I made a blatant error in calling Jerry Buss the Gm. However, saying that the media is wrong and that you somehow know the real story and are right is ridiculous. Looks like this guy has maaad hookups leaguewide!...naht.

You're shooting blanks...
    So now whatever ESPN says is the end all be all? I could give 2 rats what ESPN's future power rankings are. How the hell do they know what will unfold.

Portland is so desirable that Camby didn't want to get on the plane when he was traded and he was a Clipper.

And just a tidbit My girlfirends best friend is Phil Jacksons niece. Believe it if you want but he isn't going anywhere and he gets along just fine with the busses.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    1. Thunder
    2. Blazers
    3. Bulls
    4. Grizzlies

Wow your right bro, only the 2nd best young core in the league? Pritchard is an awful GM. Let's bring in Chris Mullin!
    Your opinion bro...have fun with it. I'll take winners over potential anyday.

You do realize that at one point in his career T-Mac average 32 pts 6+ ast and 6+ reb. Being T-Mac 2.0 is high high praise. So you leave the Ochocinco impressions to Ochocinco.

And yes Centers are still more valued than Small Forwards. A poster made a list of the champions of this past decade. Every team had a HOF or all star center. So nah Centers>Small Forwards even now.

The Thunder would have picked Oden if they had the first pick. Maybe you fail to realize the hype Oden received. He was more highly valued than a T-Mac 2.0. Everyone knew Durant would be this good. What people didn't know was that injuries would derail Oden's career.

Pritchard is a great GM. The Blazers are in an enviable position. They still have young talent that aren't even close to their ceiling (cough cough Batum). He's the type of GM NY needs.
    So why is he out of work?

Duncan isn't a center. neither is Gasol. neither is KG. Shaq wasn't even close to his prime. what list?

1. Thunder
    2. Blazers
    3. Bulls
    4. Grizzlies

I don't know how we're doing the rankings but I'm not sure how the Blazers come out 2nd when their young C (who you guys have been harping on about being super important) is almost as useless as Eddy Curry.

Bulls - Noah (healthy aggressive C), Rose (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore PG), Gibson (solid forward)... Johnson and Warrick ok young roleplayers.

Grizzlies - Gasol (healthy aggressive C), OJ Mayo (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore SG), Rudy Gay (allstar SF), Conley (solid young PG), Brewer (solid forward), Thabeet (unproven but potentially decent defensive C).

vs

Blazers - Oden (crocked C), Roy (allstar SG), Aldridge (solid PF), Batum, Fernandez, Bayless, Webster (ok young roleplayers).

What's so special about Portlands young core apart from Roy?

Originally Posted by smokes
    I don't know how we're doing the rankings but I'm not sure how the Blazers come out 2nd when their young C (who you guys have been harping on about being super important) is almost as useless as Eddy Curry.

Bulls - Noah (healthy aggressive C), Rose (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore PG), Gibson (solid forward)... Johnson and Warrick ok young roleplayers.

Grizzlies - Gasol (healthy aggressive C), OJ Mayo (healthy, explosive, allstar sophomore SG), Rudy Gay (allstar SF), Conley (solid young PG), Brewer (solid forward), Thabeet (unproven but potentially decent defensive C).

vs

Blazers - Oden (crocked C), Roy (allstar SG), Aldridge (solid PF), Batum, Fernandez, Bayless, Webster (ok young roleplayers).

There names are cool and they look like good ball players.

Portlands got one perennial all star if he stays healthy and that's it.

Originally Posted by smokes

vs

The Grizzlies could potentially lose Gay. They're screwed if they do. They don't have the stability the other franchises do. Conley isn't that good. Mayo is the only star out of who you said. Thabeet is useless until 2 more years or so.

The Bulls have two star pieces. But nothing else.
    The Blazers have two star pieces, and a whole cast of good young role players around them. Having Camby makes Oden injury much less hurtful. So even if he can't stay healthy they have a backup. But if Oden can stay healthy, he's better than Noah. Even with only one knee.

Your opinion bro...have fun with it. I'll take winners over potential anyday.
    The Blazers have clearly won more than all three lol. And they got more potential than everyone but the Thunder. Sam Presti is a ****ing ape. He's the god of GM's lol. But your vilifying Kevin Pritchard, when he is a very good GM.

So why is he out of work?

Duncan isn't a center. neither is Gasol. neither is KG. Shaq wasn't even close to his prime. what list?
    He's almost out of work because of the field issues. Not with the team. His assistant GM tricked the Blazers owner to give him more money. Paul Allen holds grudges. Which is why he's mad at Pritchard. Not because of his on the field production as a GM.

The Grizzlies could potentially lose Gay. They're screwed if they do. They don't have the stability the other franchises do. Conley isn't that good. Mayo is the only star out of who you said. Thabeet is useless until 2 more years or so.

The Blazers have two star pieces, and a whole cast of good young role players around them. Having Camby makes Oden injury much less hurtful. So even if he can't stay healthy they have a backup. But if Oden can stay healthy, he's better than Noah. Even with only one knee.
    I'm sorry but the Grizzlies Gasol over any portland big man including Aldridge. Aldridge doesn't rebound good enough for his size and at the 4. Conley runs a team much better than Bayless. Gay I think would stay. Zebo over Aldridge easy.

The bulls also still have Deng who is still relatively young and better than Batum.

And Oden as of now can't carry Noah's Jock strap.

But the ranking is of the teams young core, Camby, losing Gay etc has nothing to do with it.

Who is the 2nd star piece on the Blazers? Aldridge? A 6'11 PF who goes for 18/8 and 0.5 blocks? Mmmm not exactly a star in my eyes.

Even if you just look at the basics the Bulls and Grizz clearly outshine the Blazers in young talent (EVEN if you take away Gay).

Rose/Noah

Gasol/Mayo

vs

Roy