Knicks should look at Kevin Prichard

smokes

Huge Member
Sorry, but Tim Duncan is quite possibly THE most boring star the league has ever seen and he has won 4 championships. You can have a boring star, some would say it is better that way.

Ok, you might be right there, but Duncan and Aldridge are not really a comparison. Someone that averages 22/12 and 2.5 blocks is gona be a star no matter what their demeanor/playstyle.

So yeah if Aldridge started putting up game changing numbers then I'd concede that. Also Tim Duncan plays in San Antonio which is a pretty boring team in general.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I don't consider Aldridge to add "star power". Scoring sure, he could stretch to 20ppg if they ran a couple more plays for him. But his playstyle is, to put it bluntly, boring. You can't have a boring star. Only Brandon Roy on that team regularly brings plays that energize the team and the crowd.

Quite sad actually, since Portland are well reputed for having an electric crowd atmosphere. Remember the days of Mighty Mouse, Pippen, Grant, Smith etc?
See that's where I disagree. My personal definition of "star power" would be a player who hits big shots consistently, averages rebounds and plays team D. Not all big men are going to be big shot blocking threats, and at 6'11 with a skinny frame, that just isn't Aldridge's game. I've been AT games where Aldridge has hit big shots and completely silenced the crowd, and have watched home games where the Rose Garden goes nuts when Aldridge goes nuts in the 4th quarter.

I'd agree that Portland is Brandon Roy's team, but Aldridge definitely adds some quiet, but nonetheless electric, flare to the Portland roster.

I do miss those days of Portland's contention in the West. I remember being at the Laker games as a kid watching Mighty Mouse, Sheed, Dale Davis and company just being absolutely nasty.

smokes

Huge Member
Well I probably haven't seen as much of Portland as you, I only really watch other teams in the playoffs or when a game has been reported to be a really good game. However what I have seen of Aldridge has been pretty bleh.

I just really think for his size and frame he should at least be rebounding better considering Oden has not played even a quarter of a season there isn't really much excuse for a 6'11 38mpg player to be getting 8 boards. And he's almost as bad as Lee at protecting the inside.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Well I probably haven't seen as much of Portland as you, I only really watch other teams in the playoffs or when a game has been reported to be a really good game. However what I have seen of Aldridge has been pretty bleh.

I just really think for his size and frame he should at least be rebounding better considering Oden has not played even a quarter of a season there isn't really much excuse for a 6'11 38mpg player to be getting 8 boards. And he's almost as bad as Lee at protecting the inside.
Well hes not supposed to protect the paint... He has always played next to a legit C all year, whether it be Oden, Pryzy or Camby. All three monitor the paint and boards.