Forget Paul

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks should try to get Gilbert Arenas. The Wizards don't want him. The Knicks could probably trade Eddy Curry and Eddie House to get him. And the Knicks would still have enough cap space to re-sign Lee or get another max contract.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
i like that idea but what do we have to offer them

It doesn't really matter.

Gilbert Arenas' contract is so bloated especially in light of his injury history that the Wizards would be all too excited to dump Gilbert Arenas for an expiring contract (ie Eddy Curry).

Part of me is convinced that the Wizards would give Arenas to us for free if we offered it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Re: Arenas

CoolguyC - What about trading for Gilbert Arenas?

Phantom9000 - i like that idea but what do we have to offer them?

Taking the NBA's latest unwanted son @ a price tag of $20m off their hands for an expiring contract.........Hmmmmm....

If anything, what else can they offer us? McGee? Even Blatche! We could demand a lap dance from Irene Pollin as well and they'd have to consider it. To take an unwanted $20m in the form of a franchise embarrassment off their hands would be absolute charity.

To take on an oft injured gun twirler at that price is riskier than sex with Cujo.

Red

TYPE-A
I can't support the idea of Rubio at this stage.

1. I don't see us courting/signing a max (2) FA and rebuild w/ a player who can't facillitate as he becomes acclimated to the NBA

2. If D'Antoni had to choose b/t young athelicism -vs- older but higher I.Q.- I believe he'll go with the vet

3. F the Wolves- we gave them a chance to trade, they denied, now unless they want to voluntarily get raped- we should pass as a matter of principle

4. Good or not- he's not NBA proven and could stunt our ambitions

I just don't feel he's a viable or realistic option at this point. Too much wheeling to be done, too much speculation on his skills (for the NBA) and too much riding on the line. Even from a Max player stand point. Why would LBJ or Bosh feel confident w/ a young, Euro rookie facilitating over say a "B" level player already acclimated? I'd rather try like heck and pry CP3 out of NO.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Taking the NBA's latest unwanted son @ a price tag of $20m off their hands for an expiring contract.........Hmmmmm....If anything, what else can they offer us? McGee? Even Blatche! We could demand a lap dance from Irene Pollin as well and they'd have to consider it. To take an unwanted $20m in the form of a franchise embarrassment off their hands would be absolute charity.To take on an oft injured gun twirler at that price is riskier than sex with Cujo.

I agree. Getting Arenas is definitely a risk. But if the Knicks are serious about becoming better, they have to look at players of his ability. Arenas is still in his 20s. He's capable to averaging 20+ points and 6+ assists, for the next 3-5 years. He's good enough to attract good players to want to come to the Knicks. Nobody on the current Knick roster is good enough to attract anyone other than the money hungry Rudy Gay.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I agree. Getting Arenas is definitely a risk. But if the Knicks are serious about becoming better, they have to look at players of his ability. Arenas is still in his 20s. He's capable to averaging 20+ points and 6+ assists, for the next 3-5 years. He's good enough to attract good players to want to come to the Knicks. Nobody on the current Knick roster is good enough to attract anyone other than the money hungry Rudy Gay.

Arenas just isn't the same Arenas in my opinion to warrant us giving him $20 million a year for like the next 4 years or so. It'd really put us in a awful position if he hurt his knee again. Remeber how my man H20's contract absolutely killed us? That's why I don't think I could ever accept Arenas in New York unless we got him much much cheaper.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Nah I got what you wrote but Rubio isn't coming to the NBA until 2011 at the earliest so he might want a season of Flynn/Wall to evaluate his amazing double PG theory!

Hmm but he's got Sessions to? Well we could pry Sessions off the Wolves. But he wasn't to hot this year. Still I hope Donnie at least tries to get Flynn or Rubio. Chandler is a wing they sorely need. Chandler for Flynn sounds like a fair trade to me.

iSaYughh

Starter
Isn't it then a Q of....Arenas vs. Emeka (and perhaps Emeka+Collison).

We have so much resource and assets right now that the permutations of cool possibilities insane.

Imagine a backcourt of a revitalized Gilbert...

Gilbert
TheKing
Gallo
Lee
TyrusT (ink him) + make a deal w Griz for one of their 7ft shot blockers. If fail, go for a deadra Jordan type (Clips or Warriors). Pairing with Tyrus will be perfect; obv Gasol is longshot, but hey, ppl get raped.

Bench: Douglas, Serg, Barron, and a youngblooded C from above who can run n block

Packages for C built around Chandler and Walker.

That lineup is so facking filthy it makes me cry for the rest of the league.

If Gilbert flames out we plug in Douglas to spread court with his range and use his already wiley D, giving TheKing even more power along with Gallo to penetrate.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't want Gilbert on this team. Not because he's not good enough, but trading for a player with questionable chemistry issues who is a shoot-first PG? And taking on a gigantic contract? Smells like Marbury to me...

I like Gilbert and all but that contract seals the deal. It's simply too gigantic to warrant trading for at this point

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
If we ended up with both Gilbert and Okafor, they would account for about 30-35 mil per year, for the next five years...Does Isiah still work here??? :barf: