Chris Bosh Update: Indications he is leaving TOR

nyk_nyk

All Star
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66398/20100506/bosh_signaling_intent_to_leave_toronto/

Chris Bosh seems to be using his Twitter account to make a statement that he might have played his last game as a Raptor.

Bosh changed his location from Toronto to "Everywhere" and deleted a section that mentioned his status as Raptors' captain.

It's no secret. He's definitely out of there. There are only a few teams that can afford him and you can even narrow that down further by taking LAC off the list since they already have Griffin. He's coming from Toronto so it would make sense to assume he wants to resume his career in a bigger market this time around. NY or CHI.

KBlack25

Starter
My issue is...everyone around the NBA seems to realize that Bosh will never be the #1 guy on an NBA Championship team. He could be a co-#1 (two guys with low-level #1 talent), or an insanely good #2...but I don't think he can be your pure #1 go-to guy, and many NBA scouts seem to agree. As such he doesn't REALLY deserve max money (max money I think should be reserved for the top of the top of the top).

But does Chris Bosh know that? I'm guessing no.

nyk_nyk

All Star
My issue is...everyone around the NBA seems to realize that Bosh will never be the #1 guy on an NBA Championship team. He could be a co-#1 (two guys with low-level #1 talent), or an insanely good #2...but I don't think he can be your pure #1 go-to guy, and many NBA scouts seem to agree. As such he doesn't REALLY deserve max money (max money I think should be reserved for the top of the top of the top).

But does Chris Bosh know that? I'm guessing no.

Your absolutely correct. Max money should only go to the "elite" players. The problem with that is that teams bid for these players and eventually some GM is going to put up everything. This causes a chain reaction and then you have players that feel they should be getting paid more than someone else because of their talent level.

For example, if someone pays Lee 12 million, then Bosh has every right to ask for 16.

tiger0330

Legend
Was reading on RealGM that Bosh has chronic knee problems. If we do sign him, the Knicks doctors need to go over the guy with a magnifying glass. If he winds up being the second coming of Alan Houston the Knicks will be finished for the next decade.

knicksin60

Starter
I wouldn't mind the Knicks giving Bosh a max contract if they could sign Carmelo Anthony next year.I doubt the Knicks are a playoff team next season with Bosh as their only star.I think it would be a failed off season if Donnie Walsh gives Bosh and Joe Johnson max contracts.Mostly every Knick fan knows that the Knicks would be back to where they were before Van gundy resigned if they signed those two free agents.But I seriously believe that Bosh is going to the Rockets or the Lakers.That is why this is the summer of Lebron or nothing and Walsh would be foolish if he thought that Knick fans believed he wasn't freeing up this cap room for the sole purpose of going after James.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I rather have Lee at 12 million as a second option then Bosh at 16 as our first. I would also rather have Lee plus a center then just Bosh. Bosh has hit his ceiling and we know what he is capable of. Lee has not and is still getting better. Oh, and he is a homegrown Knick...that's always a plus.

Kiyaman

Legend
I rather have Lee at 12 million as a second option then Bosh at 16 as our first. I would also rather have Lee plus a center then just Bosh. Bosh has hit his ceiling and we know what he is capable of. Lee has not and is still getting better. Oh, and he is a homegrown Knick...that's always a plus.

:agreed:
Alright! I rather have Lee for 12M too, plus trade for Diop $6M, and resign Barron for $1.5M, with SF-Chandler & SF-Gallo's $5M each making our bigman rotation $30M.
Bosh, Amare, Johnson, Boozer, and Dirk are looking for 5 yrs max money starting at $15M per. There are so many desperate teams bidding for these players I would'nt be suprise if all get over paid.
I would like to intertain two of the above star players but .......... our luck with big money players been leading to injury-prone the past 10 yrs.

It's no secret. He's definitely out of there. There are only a few teams that can afford him and you can even narrow that down further by taking LAC off the list since they already have Griffin. He's coming from Toronto so it would make sense to assume he wants to resume his career in a bigger market this time around. NY or CHI.

Bosh could go for the $$$ money in a sign & trade which could start a domino-factor in this FA summer, or he could go to a rebuilding team (Knicks, Nets, Chi, or stay in Toronto), or try his luck with getting big $$$ out of Pat Riley's Miami Heat.

I cant wait for draft-night when alot of major trades will take place
:peace:

:agreed: 100% couldn't have said it better myself

smokes

Huge Member

+1 Lee can do practically everything Bosh can do anyway, he's not quite on Bosh's level but Bosh has hit his ceiling and Lee may not have.

That extra 4-5 million can go a long way in completing our squad for next season. Damn I can't believe its still 2 months until we will know what's going to happen with this team. It's too much to bear!

I really think if the Okafor/Collison for Curry trade is possible it's going to be huge for us.

Collison
Lebron
Gallo
Lee
Okafor

Chandler
Walker
Douglas
Big man draft pick

That lineup beats Cleveland hands down! Also I think that would leave us with a good 7~ million remaining cap space :lol: crazy.

+ Atlantas draft pick @ 22....

Wow.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
+1 Lee can do practically everything Bosh can do anyway, he's not quite on Bosh's level but Bosh has hit his ceiling and Lee may not have.

That extra 4-5 million can go a long way in completing our squad for next season. Damn I can't believe its still 2 months until we will know what's going to happen with this team. It's too much to bear!

I really think if the Okafor/Collison for Curry trade is possible it's going to be huge for us.

Collison
Lebron
Gallo
Lee
Okafor

Chandler
Walker
Douglas
Big man draft pick

That lineup beats Cleveland hands down! Also I think that would leave us with a good 7~ million remaining cap space :lol: crazy.

+ Atlantas draft pick @ 22....

Wow.

No doubt about it, that supporting cast is way better than Delonte West and JJ Hickson LOL

knicksin60

Starter
Give Lee a 16 million dollar contract and make him the Knicks' power forward of the future.Anyone who doesn't believe that Lee is the type of player that you could build your franchise around has little to no appreciation for home grown Knicks.Chris Bosh is a loser compared to David Lee.I don't care if you want to throw the stat sheet at me or if you try and pull out some Wikipedia page, the fact that the Knicks have a player who could win championships for them, if teamed with another max player, is something that Walsh shouldn't fall asleep on.

Have you ever seen David Lee laugh at the possibility of playing for the Knicks beyond 2010? Have you ever heard Lee say how much he prefers playing in the state of Texas over the city of NY? Have you ever heard Lee tell the media that he believes he should be the number one superstar on his team? These are things that you'll see a guy like Chris Bosh do but not Lee.Why? Because Chris Bosh only cares about himself and his big ego.He doesn't know how to carry a team on his shoulders and put them over the top.I'd rather give a max contract to a player like Anthony Mason or Hubert Davis, at least those guys didn't think they were above their team and were more concerned about winning than about their salaries.It's time to bring back players like that instead of this new generation of players who will quit on their coaches if they get their feelings hurt.

David Lee might not be the lights out defender who will shut down opponents and help a team hold another team under 90 points a game, but he would be a key piece on a championship contender.The last thing we need to see is another ex Knick make the playoffs on someone else's roster.We are already witnessing Channing Frye be the Suns' version of Robert Horry and Jamal Crawford dominate on a Hawks team that's in the middle of a playoff run.It would be very messed up if the Knicks allow Lee to walk and he ends up helping another team make the playoffs next season while the Knicks miss out on the playoffs with a roster composed of Chris Bosh and mostly D-leaguers.I really hope Donnie Walsh is listening to the Knick fans who want David Lee back and not these greedy agents who care nothing about the future of the Knicks.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Give Lee a 16 million dollar contract and make him the Knicks' power forward of the future.Anyone who doesn't believe that Lee is the type of player that you could build your franchise around has little to no appreciation for home grown Knicks.Chris Bosh is a loser compared to David Lee.I don't care if you want to throw the stat sheet at me or if you try and pull out some Wikipedia page, the fact that the Knicks have a player who could win championships for them, if teamed with another max player, is something that Walsh shouldn't fall asleep on.

Have you ever seen David Lee laugh at the possibility of playing for the Knicks beyond 2010? Have you ever heard Lee say how much he prefers playing in the state of Texas over playing in the city of NY? Have you ever heard Lee tell the media that he believes he should be the only superstar leading his team? These are things that you'll see Chris Bosh doing but not Lee.Why? Because Chris Bosh only cares about himself and his big ego.He doesn't know how to carry a team on his shoulders and put them over the top.I'd rather give a max contract to a player like Anthony Mason or Hubert Davis, at least those guys didn't think they were above their team and were more concerned about winning than about their salaries.It's time to bring back players like that instead of this new generation of players who will quit on their coaches if they get their feelings hurt.

David Lee might not be the lights out defender who will shut down opponents and help a team hold another team under 90 points a game, but he would be a key piece on a championship contender.The last thing we need to see is another ex Knick make the playoffs on someone else's roster.We are already witnessing Channing Frye be the Suns' version of Robert Horry and Jamal Crawford dominate on a Hawks team that's in the middle of a playoff run.It would be messed up if the Knicks allow Lee to walk and he ends up helping another team make the playoffs next season while the Knicks miss out on the playoffs with a roster composed of Chris Bosh and D-leaguers.I really hope Donnie Walsh is listening to the Knick fans who want David Lee back and not these greedy agents who care nothing about the future of the Knicks.

Why do you want to give him a 16 million contract when I'm sure he would be happy to re-sign with us for 10-12 million? You're willing to give away 4-6 million that could get us a much needed roleplayer?

knicksin60

Starter
Why do you want to give him a 16 million contract when I'm sure he would be happy to re-sign with us for 10-12 million? You're willing to give away 4-6 million that could get us a much needed role player?

I've always believed that if Lee took the summer to practice his defense he could become one of the elite power forwards in the NBA.I've seen Lee have good defensive games last season.Right now, he is a very good player with limited ability but is only going to get better.I'd probably give Lee 12 million dollars if their is a talented role player out there that would fit a need on the Knicks.

iSaYughh

Starter
The $ we save in getting an arguably equal if not more valued played is what could end up getting us the Livingstons, Feltons...and really the Morrows and TyrusThomas' that could be really beneficial, particularly Tyrus IMO.