Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Boozer for $14-15mish

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Stat for $16mish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
7'0 PF/C count to. And the Bulls had MJ lol. He defies all odds.

Celtics had Gay-G.
Pistons had Sheed, plus Wallace used to be a beast.
Phoenix gonna get their ass whooped by the Lakers

Size matters bro. It's why big men are so valued.

I whole heartedly concur.:smokin:

He's better than Lee in every way except passing.

I completely disagree with this though. Lee is a better rebounder. Both ends.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That's cause Lee used to average like 9 pts and 9 reb while Bosh averaged 22 and 10. Big whoop. It's not even close. Bosh is way more athletic. He's better than Lee in every way except passing. I'm not hating on Lee. I'd rather have Lee. But CB4 is a better player than Lee, and he always will be. David Lee does not have more upside than Chris Bosh. Not even close.

My biggest gripe with CB4 is the amount of games he misses. He misses around 10 games a year, whereas Lee hustles and plays damn hard and has only missed a game a year for the past 3 years

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
"He just needs a long athletic guy besides him."
That's not something you say about guys who are absolutely integral to chances of winning games in the future. No matter how good Lee's stats lines have looked this year, it's hard not to notice that Earl Barron, late of something called the Iowa Energy, has averaged a double-double since joining the Knicks. Numbers aren't hard to come by when a team plays a style like D'Antoni's, and it's not hard to notice that all the points and rebounds haven't led to all that many victories.

A good point against Lee. Got to look at both sides of the story.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Saying-Goodbye-to-David-Lee-90733274.html

Toons

is the Bo$$
did u guys see how much fumbled passes off the pick n roll verajao missed today? sorry cleveland, shaq, and jamison are not going to get it done

My biggest gripe with CB4 is the amount of games he misses. He misses around 10 games a year, whereas Lee hustles and plays damn hard and has only missed a game a year for the past 3 years
Exactamundo

David Lee missed one game all year and that was to attend his Grandfathers Funeral. Chris Bosh missed 15 games for Private reasons, possibly To high to come in? Chris Bosh is a nice guy and a great Player but hes also a bigtime PotHead.

David Lee is a great Player who will only get better, and is also Homegrown, is an excellent Locker Room presence, and the combo of Lee/LeBron/Gallinari would be AWESOME!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Definitely rather have Lee at the cheaper price. Lets also remember what a great passer he is. This can not be understated especially if we acquire an all star wing for him to pass to...think Lebron cutting to the basket at full speed. I am one of those who believes Lee benefits from more talent on our team and we will see his numbers rise. Right now he is a pseudo first option but his game would benefit from feeding off a true star who can command a double team. This will free Lee up to work around the rim, grabbing offensive rebounds and put backs while being able to roll to the basket to receive a pass from a double teamed star. That is the environment Lee will thrive in. Imagine him in the PnR with a competent PG and a wing who the defense can't leave open.

BTW, another important and often overlooked stat is his FG%. Thee guy is simply an efficient scorer and can do so with either hand.

Your post makes it seem like your more interested in seeing Lee increase his stats rather than the TEAM improving. All the point you made about Lee may be true, but will that neccessarily translate to winning basketball games?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Your post makes it seem like your more interested in seeing Lee increase his stats rather than the TEAM improving. All the point you made about Lee may be true, but will that neccessarily translate to winning basketball games?

Well, yea...we were talking about Lee over another PF. Yes, his rebounding, passing and FG% most definitely will help the overall team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Well, yea...we were talking about Lee over another PF. Yes, his rebounding, passing and FG% most definitely will help the overall team.

Well those things didn't help improve the team this year. I like Lee but sometimes you have to switch things up and go another route.

I'd rather have Bosh take over the PF duties and start over fresh. Bosh is hands down better than Lee and will at least command double teams (which helps players like Gallo and Walker). I would hate to see 10-12 million spent on Lee so our frontcourt can remain weak.

You may see Bosh and Lee on the same level but be honest: Who would you rather have with the ball in the 4th with 20 sec left? CB or Lee?

I'm guessinig CB.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Well those things didn't help improve the team this year. I like Lee but sometimes you have to switch things up and go another route.

I'd rather have Bosh take over the PF duties and start over fresh. Bosh is hands down better than Lee and will at least command double teams (which helps players like Gallo and Walker). I would hate to see 10-12 million spent on Lee so our frontcourt can remain weak.

You may see Bosh and Lee on the same level but be honest: Who would you rather have with the ball in the 4th with 20 sec left? CB or Lee?

I'm guessinig CB.

They did help us win whatever games we could. The problem is twofold:

1. Lee is not a true 1st option nor is he a true center.

2. The rest of our team sucked and was devoid of a true superstar or competent PG.

My assertions are based on a few things:

1. Moving Lee to PF.
2. Acquiring a true center.
3. Acquiring a superstar that can command a double team.

I am not advocating making Lee our number one option or the centerpiece of our team. I am arguing that he is a better value at 12 mil and paired alongside a Lebron player would be lethal.

nyk_nyk

All Star

2. The rest of our team sucked and was devoid of a true superstar or competent PG.

1. Moving Lee to PF.

I am not advocating making Lee our number one option or the centerpiece of our team. I am arguing that he is a better value at 12 mil and paired alongside a Lebron player would be lethal.

I guess my issue is that I don't even see Lee as a #2 option. He's what I would call a high energy value role player. A Varejao/Birdman/McGhee type with a better jumper but less defense. There is no reason why Lee should be taking 15 shots on a good basketball team.

If he were to acccept this role AND we acquired the star players to make it happen, success will come.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer

1. Moving Lee to PF.

Exactly TRILL... HEnce the reason why Knicks fans overvalue our players.