Ewing still chasing Head Coach

smokes

Huge Member
Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing is still looking for an opportunity to become a head coach in the NBA.

Ewing said Thursday night that Orlando has given him permission to interview for vacant positions during the postseason.

He's in his eighth season with the Magic and says that he has yet to be approached by any teams.

At least five teams -- the 76ers, Nets, Bulls, Hornets and Clippers -- are looking for a new head coach.

"Hoping I can get one one of these days soon," Ewing said.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ll_wants_shot_to_be_head_coach/#ixzz0nIlQufwo

Looking at our most viable trade/free agent options in 2010, this is becoming more and more desirable.

Imagine Okafor/Barron/Tyrus Thomas being nurtured by the big man experience of Ewing... Gallo and Douglas charging up the Garden from focused defense...

Lebron or not that is an attractive scenario :gony:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That does sound pretty awesome. It'd really help our team to have a good coach to coach the big men, and who best to work on the big men with their technique than one of the best big men of all time?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I would love to see Ewing as the head coach of the Knicks. Having him as coach would force Walsh to look for a defensive minded center to player alongside Lee, or whoever the Knicks sign at PF, and it would make the Knicks a legitimate playoff contender.

If I was the Nets GM, I'd snatch up Ewing in a second. It would expose Walsh and D'Antoni for the phonies they really are. Ewing, Lopez, Harris, the top 3 pick in the draft , and a free agent signing is a playoff team.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
I think at his age he doesn't have this kind of mentality which won't let him coach his PO nightmare (or maybe there is other reason ?), from the other side it could be awesome coincidence if his dream about ring finally will came true in chicago :D