Thread: Tony Parker might be traded next season

Hybrid View

Default Tony Parker might be traded next season

Hey if this rumors is even remotely true than we should do anything to get him. This would solve our PG problems for years.

Parker on trade block this summer?

4:08PM ET
    Tony Parker | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Now down 3-0 to the Suns in the second round of the playoffs, the Spurs are on the verge of being ousted from the postseason.
    So what to do with the roster this summer?
    ESPN's Marc Stein writes that the team will likely try and convince Brazilian forward Tiago Splitter -- a player they drafted in 2007 -- to leave Europe and play in the league next season.
    But is it also possible the team will look to trade -- gasp -- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]?
    As shocking as it sounds, Parker is likely the team's best trade asset, and he'll be on the last year of his contract next season, writes Stein:

Marc Stein

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    "Sources with knowledge of the team's thinking say the Spurs are increasingly optimistic about their ability to inject their front line with some new blood by convincing Brazilian forward Tiago Splitter -- whom they drafted in 2007 -- to leave the European game to come to the NBA starting next season. Yet it remains to be seen how aggressive San Antonio feels it'll have to be about reshaping the rest of the roster after [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s season of struggle, with Parker -- unpalatable as it sounds -- ranking as its best trade asset. The Frenchman has only one season left on his contract ($13.5 million) after this season and, according to a recent report in the San Antonio Express-News, has told friends that he's unsure about his future in town after the contract extension recently bestowed upon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and with second-year guard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] capable of playing the same position."

I seriously doubt he'll leave SA. Him and Big Fun are anally close friends.

I guess Insider's columnists have to create some noise for their paying members. Could be wrong of course. Stil loving the fact you're posting their articles.

Parker is 29 next year. Had some injuries. Not a stereo type play maker.

He's damn good, but is he what we need? I dunno, I think we need more of a dimer than a scorer.

Obviously wouldn't complain though.

3 year deal at $33m and I get to motor boat his wife.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    I seriously doubt he'll leave SA. Him and Big Fun are anally close friends.

I guess Insider's columnists have to create some noise for their paying members. Could be wrong of course. Stil loving the fact you're posting their articles.

Parker is 29 next year. Had some injuries. Not a stereo type play maker.

He's damn good, but is he what we need? I dunno, I think we need more of a dimer than a scorer.

Obviously wouldn't complain though.

3 year deal at $33m and I get to motor boat his wife.
    unlikely rumors like this can turn out being something big in a couple of months.

Without Parker that team loses chemistry, but being 29 and in his last year, Parker might want big money. Can the Spurs afford him? Yea if they go over the cap with his Bird Rights and be in debt for years. It's interesting.

Veteran

Ya. And Parker is only 27 right now.

What kind of cheese would we be giving up for him? Any chance they'd do Chandler + Walker + Curry? I'd sweeten the pot further if it meant achieving:

Parker
    Bron
    Gallo
    Lee

Make a deal with Clips for DeAndre....

Parker
    Bron
    Gallo
    Lee
    DeAndre

It does make sense since theyve got George Hill playing so well at the point on a rookie salary. There aren't many true facilitators left in the league, like Nash, Paul, D.Will in Utah. If I can't get one of those guys, I'll take a player who can get into the lane at will, and Tony Parker is the absolute best at that.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh

What kind of cheese would we be giving up for him? Any chance they'd do Chandler + Walker + Curry? I'd sweeten the pot further if it meant achieving:

Parker
    Bron
    Gallo
    Lee

Parker
    Bron
    Gallo
    Lee
    DeAndre
    Ouch that is a killer squad. Good night eastern conference.

Default ESPN has Knicks as top taker on Parker

Parker to Knicks possible?

10:54AM ET
    Tony Parker | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

With a disappointing playoff season in the recent past, it's only natural for speculation to begin regarding how the Spurs might be altered this offseason. Teams that have elite talent but no apparent shot at a title rarely sit still.
    And while Spurs general manager R.C. Buford insists he wants point guard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to be [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] future and he won't trade him, others aren't so sure. Bottom line: If Buford's stance changes, the GM won't have any trouble finding a team that wants the point guard. And already there are hints at suitors.
    A source tells the New York [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that Gregg Popovich is so high on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that Parker could be traded and that New York would be a good spot for Parker, who has a slashing style that would fit well in Mike D'Antoni's offensive system.
    "Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."
    Parker's contract expires at the end of next season and he could come to New York through a trade or free agency if the Knicks don't spend all their cap room this summer.
    Not something to bank on, but the fact that there's a lot more chatter on Parker's future outside of San Antonio is indicative of a situation most feel is pretty unsettled.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh

Parker
    Bron
    Gallo
    Lee

Parker
    Bron
    Gallo
    Bosh
    DeAndre
    Find a way to replace Lee with Bosh.

i wouldn't give spurs young talent to get parker it aint worth it he's 28 and has a thing for injury .... we can go younger. i just hope donnie makes a move on draft night because if minny , goldenstate , or nets do land john wall ... they got to get rid of their point guard ... minny has flynn,rubio,sessions goldenstate curry,ellis, nets harris .....