Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Parker might be traded next season

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Tony Parker shut this thought down already...

Espn reported as I am sure all you guys seen

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Tony Parker shut this thought down already...

Espn reported as I am sure all you guys seen
    yea this is true, odds are he stays with Tim Duncan in San Antonio, but I am sure Tony doesn't want to be Lebron part 2 with all the free agency rumors swirling around him as the season continues.

Parker will want max money, the Spurs can do it but be in huge debt for years, Parker's opinion can easily change if the Spurs fail to go anywhere in the playoffs next year.

Just think of Lebron for example, everyone in the world thought he'd stay in cleaveland and now that his team has failed to win, everyone thinks he is going, so Parker out of SA can be a possibility after 2011.

Veteran

Good points, Paul. With thay said, perhaps we truly should just let McFlurry's contract melt.

Trade for a C (Deansre Jordan ideally); and roll with Douglas-Serg at the point, who, playing next to Bron would be pretty perfect and max out their values, especially Douglas spreading the floor and playing lockdown D.

Douglas-Serg
    Bron-Walker
    Gallo-Bron
    Bosh-TyrusT
    Deandre-Barron
    With room for a MAX next year like Parker.

Deep, stacked, complete, and extremely young. The makings of an all-time great dynasty. With room for another max the following year...dayum, Bron must be licking his chops!

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Good points, Paul. With thay said, perhaps we truly should just let McFlurry's contract melt.

Trade for a C (Deansre Jordan ideally); and roll with Douglas-Serg at the point, who, playing next to Bron would be pretty perfect and max out their values, especially Douglas spreading the floor and playing lockdown D.

Douglas-Serg
    Bron-Walker
    Gallo-Bron
    Bosh-TyrusT
    Deandre-Barron
    With room for a MAX next year like Parker.

Deep, stacked, complete, and extremely young. The makings of an all-time great dynasty. With room for another max the following year...dayum, Bron must be licking his chops!
    Why are you so high on Deandre Jordan? The backup center for the Clippers?

Maybe for a backup but we need a legit center. Maybe a trade could work for a center but thats a whole new conversation.

As far as Parker goes i agree we can just let Curry's contract expire and sign someone good in 2011. I would like to trade Curry as soon as possible, though. Parker can easily be James part 2 so I will not believe him when he says my heart is in SA or whatever he said.

Fellas it don't matter what Tony Parker says or wants Buford can trade him whenever he feels like it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Why are you so high on Deandre Jordan? The backup center for the Clippers?

Maybe for a backup but we need a legit center. Maybe a trade could work for a center but thats a whole new conversation.

As far as Parker goes i agree we can just let Curry's contract expire and sign someone good in 2011. I would like to trade Curry as soon as possible, though. Parker can easily be James part 2 so I will not believe him when he says my heart is in SA or whatever he said.
    Paul, in light of our -options- I dont see whonwe are getting that is to be superior without flippingn Curry.

That said, Deandre is starter material. He's been stuck behind legit vet bigs (Kaman, eg). Yet:

He already has a 20board game. I believe a 10 DUNK game. And his defensive metrics as a backup --already- dwarf our past Cs and current options.

These stats for a rook put him in VERY rarified are.
    Most important:

When kaman and co. Went down and he became a starter, in like 15+ games he unleashed:

10-12-2 a stl and 2+ blcks on something godly like 69% shooting. Still with the clips leashing his minutes some. When he got 35+ he went off off 20pt -offensive- outbursts on top of already lethal D and blocking.

This is all by age 21. I will check his numbers again to verify, and I think I may have underestimated his already-visible pedigree.

Given the Clips HAVE legit bigs already, it's primetime to make a deal from a value perspective too.
    Last edited by iSaYughh; May 15, 2010 at 07:58.