Trades:
Flynn
Rubio
Arenas : McFlurry
Parker
Douglas-Serg : free

Signings:
Felton : a mid level like signing

Add if I missed any. Who do you like as top target(s), factoring in who we give up in trade scenario.

I strongly like:

Arenas for Curry

Leaving us Chandler to package for Deandre Jordan

And keeping us Douglas as a backup for Arenas. Douglas would incidentally make a fine 1 for us, with a player like Bron (I.e passing and driving skills) where he can spread floor w 3pt range and play D.

Arenas also fits this mold with his tenacious hands, hustle, and range. He's also a superlative talent all round and could be a MONUMENTAL grab for us.

Arenas-Douglas-Serg
Bron-Walker
Gallo
Lee-Barron
Deandrea-Barron

The entire league instantly bends over for the next 5+ years.

I really like keeping Douglas to pair with Arenas as insurance and making his risk-reward factors more focused on the reward.

Parker makes us likely sacrifice too much. By being able to utilize McFlurry in our quest for a stud 1 we enhance the overall talent and dominance our team can field.

The wild card:

Mcflurry for Collison and Emeka. It locks us into starting a pretty solid albeit limited C, who has the potential to decline even further. But gives us a 1 too in a ell swoop.

Will Emeka become a pricier, older, less-skilled Samuel Dalembert for us?

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Out of guys who are actually available:

I like Ridnour, Greives Vasquez and if we are lucky Bledsoe.

In a wet dream Rubio,Cp3 or Darren Collison.

Also TOny PArker should be looked at as well.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★

I watch alot of Maryland games Vasquez is good but will he be available to us. He will most likely be snatched in the 1st round

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
I watch alot of Maryland games Vasquez is good but will he be available to us. He will most likely be snatched in the 1st round

He's projected in the early part of the first round from what I've seen.

Chris Ford just put out his first mock draft and I'd be curious to see his order.

But no espn insider.

iSaYughh

Starter

Would you do a McFlurry for Emeka-Collison then? Or McFlurry+Walker deal, etc.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Would you do a McFlurry for Emeka-Collison then? Or McFlurry+Walker deal, etc.

I don't care for Emeka honestly. let me check his contract real quick.

11.5 next year
12.5 in 2011
13.5 in 2012
14.5 in 2013

That's a heap of money.

I don't think at that monet for Okafor I still like collison that much.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I don't care for Emeka honestly. let me check his contract real quick.

11.5 next year
12.5 in 2011
13.5 in 2012
14.5 in 2013

That's a heap of money.

I don't think at that monet for Okafor I still like collison that much.
Cosign. Unless Paul is included in a deal for Okafur I'd stay away. Paul isn't coming anytime soon though.

I'd be willing to bet that Vasquez falls to us if we want him. I have insider and in every mock draft I've seen, Vasquez isn't even included in the first round.

The question is do we need any more combo-tweener guards like the other failed ones we've had so far (Nate, Hughes, etc)? Douglas looks to be doing okay as a combo guard, but is that really what we look for in our PG of the future? Even though I don't agree with metrocard in his assessment of Carlos Arroyo, I'd still pick Arroyo over Vasquez at this point. Let's put it this way: If either are our starting point guard next season then this off-season was a failure, and we are in trouble. You said yourself that a top-flight PG is the key instrument in winning a championship (even though the "top flight PG's" of our decade have yet to win one...), so let's hope that we can land one to help build a solid back court.

Scribbles

Rotation player
PG is the key instrument to a championship? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... No.

Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose.

John Stockton, Gary Payton (when he was a starter), etc

PGs don't win you rings.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
In no partic order:

Trades:
Flynn
Rubio
Arenas : McFlurry
Parker
Douglas-Serg : free

Signings:
Felton : a mid level like signing

Add if I missed any. Who do you like as top target(s), factoring in who we give up in trade scenario.

I strongly like:

Arenas for Curry

Leaving us Chandler to package for Deandre Jordan

And keeping us Douglas as a backup for Arenas. Douglas would incidentally make a fine 1 for us, with a player like Bron (I.e passing and driving skills) where he can spread floor w 3pt range and play D.

Arenas also fits this mold with his tenacious hands, hustle, and range. He's also a superlative talent all round and could be a MONUMENTAL grab for us.

Arenas-Douglas-Serg
Bron-Walker
Gallo
Lee-Barron
Deandrea-Barron

The entire league instantly bends over for the next 5+ years.

I really like keeping Douglas to pair with Arenas as insurance and making his risk-reward factors more focused on the reward.

Parker makes us likely sacrifice too much. By being able to utilize McFlurry in our quest for a stud 1 we enhance the overall talent and dominance our team can field.

The wild card:

Mcflurry for Collison and Emeka. It locks us into starting a pretty solid albeit limited C, who has the potential to decline even further. But gives us a 1 too in a ell swoop.

Will Emeka become a pricier, older, less-skilled Samuel Dalembert for us?
I hate how people only have bron and think we are going to win but we have no lineup and no bench with that, if i was lebron i would stay cause that team SUCKS no deep which is what we need in the playoffs.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
PG is the key instrument to a championship? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... No.

Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose.

John Stockton, Gary Payton (when he was a starter), etc

PGs don't win you rings.

Do the Lakers win 5 rings without magic?

Do the pistons win 2 with out Zeke?

Do the Celtics win 10 without Cousey?

Your going to slight Stockton for not beating a team with MJ on it?

Look let's just spin the argument this way. You don't win a championship without 1 or 2 players that are top ten talent in the league at any given moment.

Stop bashing Point guards cause you'll look like a fool to true basketball junkies.

knicksin60

Starter
I hope Stephon Marbury comes back to the Knicks.I just watched a very old interview with him and noticed how humble he really is.

XH20X

Rookie

Look let's just spin the argument this way. You don't win a championship without 1 or 2 players that are top ten talent in the league at any given moment.

Stop bashing Point guards cause you'll look like a fool to true basketball junkies.

I'd have to disagree with you on this one and agree with scribble. All the pgs you mentioned were from a different time period. The 90's was a center dominated time period. And in the 2000's its more pf/sf dominated. PGs are important but not the most important. The lakers got through with fisher, spurs won with tony parker( good but not dominant), pistons won with billups (solid but not elite) and the heat won with gary payton( old so not as good), and the celtics won with rondo (probably the best of the bunch). But the point I'm trying to make is that pgs weren't as dominant as they were back in the day.

iSaYughh

Starter
I hate how people only have bron and think we are going to win but we have no lineup and no bench with that, if i was lebron i would stay cause that team SUCKS no deep which is what we need in the playoffs.

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Arenas-Douglas-Serg
Lebron-Walker
Gallo
Lee
DeandreJordan-Barron

No depth? The team SUCKS? :teeth:

That's rich. Gilbert could flame out before playing a game and it's still the best team in the league for the next 5yrs. Easy. Prolly longer. It easily contends for that long and does so with young players, flexibility, and talent that destroys the cavs.

Do you even watch Lebron? Let alone the rest of the Cavs? And have a single clue as to thn gravity of having Lebron and him alone? Let alone the team designed above.

Needs "depth" to win? It isn't good?:teeth: Most unequivocally senseless ball related thing I've read on KOL since since hearing how Gallos injury and surgery was a big gay italian conspiracy.

Every player is a viable AS next year. 2 already are. 1 has pretty recently been. And the 2others are extremely promising young players well suited for the team, with proven skills.

And Douglas, walker, Barron, serg are excellent off the bench. Especially Douglas who is prime insurance for Gilbert with his D and range.

To say the team isn't more attractive than the cavs, let alone saying if SUCKS and needs more "depth" to be good...mindboggling.

Last edited:

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
ummmm

not to argue with your point but dont forget the detroit pistons of '04. They didnt have any top ten stars but they won it and came close a few times.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Magic was not a PG. Unless you consider Lebron a PG as well... Not to mention, Jabbar...

Cousy? I guess Bird was insignificant. As well as Bill Walker.

Zeke, I'll give due props.

But I think defense wins rings above anybody at any position.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I'd have to disagree with you on this one and agree with scribble. All the pgs you mentioned were from a different time period. The 90's was a center dominated time period. And in the 2000's its more pf/sf dominated. PGs are important but not the most important. The lakers got through with fisher, spurs won with tony parker( good but not dominant), pistons won with billups (solid but not elite) and the heat won with gary payton( old so not as good), and the celtics won with rondo (probably the best of the bunch). But the point I'm trying to make is that pgs weren't as dominant as they were back in the day.
If by dominant you mean PREVALENT then I would agree with you. The top flight point guards don't do it alone anymore. Neither do the teams with the PG/PF combinations (Nash-Amare, DWill-Boozer, Paul-West). I would disagree thought in saying that the 2000's isn't a center dominated decade. Maybe in prevalence, the PF has dominated the likes of the regular season....but the teams with big time post presences at center are the ones that have won championships from 2000 on. I would also disagree with your assessment of the 1990's. Jordan dominated the 90's...simply put. I wish I could say Ewing dominated the 1990's but unfortunately he crossed paths with Jordan far too much.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Magic was not a PG. Unless you consider Lebron a PG as well... Not to mention, Jabbar...

Cousy? I guess Bird was insignificant. As well as Bill Walker.

Zeke, I'll give due props.

But I think defense wins rings above anybody at any position.
True daaaaat or worddd appppppp as Nate the Great puts it.

Defense wins championships...simply put. I hope I eat my words and D'Antoni leads a team to the finals playing somewhat decent defense with an explosive offense. That would be fun to watch.

No position is any more important than the other considering that it takes all 5 players playing cohesively and feeding off of each others energy to win championships. Another prime example of why LeBron will always be a loser unless he teams up with another big time star.

It always starts down low. If you want to win championships, the first major piece is the Center. He holds down the paint, makes sure no one abuses the basket, and establishes a low post presence on offense. Damn I wish we had Lopez.

Paul1355

All Star
Tony Parker

Parker to Knicks possible?

10:54AM ET
Tony Parker | Spurs

Top Email

With a disappointing playoff season in the recent past, it's only natural for speculation to begin regarding how the Spurs might be altered this offseason. Teams that have elite talent but no apparent shot at a title rarely sit still.
And while Spurs general manager R.C. Buford insists he wants point guard Tony Parker to be part of the club's future and he won't trade him, others aren't so sure. Bottom line: If Buford's stance changes, the GM won't have any trouble finding a team that wants the point guard. And already there are hints at suitors.
A source tells the New York Daily News that Gregg Popovich is so high on George Hill that Parker could be traded and that New York would be a good spot for Parker, who has a slashing style that would fit well in Mike D'Antoni's offensive system.
"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."
Parker's contract expires at the end of next season and he could come to New York through a trade or free agency if the Knicks don't spend all their cap room this summer.
Not something to bank on, but the fact that there's a lot more chatter on Parker's future outside of San Antonio is indicative of a situation most feel is pretty unsettled.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
True daaaaat or worddd appppppp as Nate the Great puts it.

Defense wins championships...simply put. I hope I eat my words and D'Antoni leads a team to the finals playing somewhat decent defense with an explosive offense. That would be fun to watch.

No position is any more important than the other considering that it takes all 5 players playing cohesively and feeding off of each others energy to win championships. Another prime example of why LeBron will always be a loser unless he teams up with another big time star.

It always starts down low. If you want to win championships, the first major piece is the Center. He holds down the paint, makes sure no one abuses the basket, and establishes a low post presence on offense. Damn I wish we had Lopez.

Once again a good reason why I think Okafor would be a GREAT piece to have for us. High basketball IQ, good chemistry, smart as hell, and a pretty dominating presence in the paint.

Okafor is sort of a black hole on offense but he also doesn't take many shots so that'll be good. When he DOES take shots, he makes most of them. He's a very efficient scorer who would fit in GREAT on a team where he wouldn't be asked to do much more than take 1-2 shots per quarter just to make sure that the other team still sees him as a threat and doesn't ignore him on offense.

Frankly he's not good on offense but his shotblocking ability more than makes up for it. He can guard players like Dwight Howard and Andrew Bogut (or at least contest their shots), he's physically tough and he grabs a ton of rebounds. He'll be even better if he's not required to take shots like he was with Charlotte - I swear the Bobcats actually used him as an option on offense, which is silly for us if we have King James and CB4