Stay away from Rasheed Wallace, Knicks!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
People, Rasheed Wallace is a great talent, however he is on the downside of his career. Watching him in the playoffs makes me question his health. He's in the same graduating class as Chris Webber. All these guys are beginning to show their aging. He hasn't been able to stay on the floor for Detroit. And they seem to be lost offensively with him in the game. He's too much of a outside shooter. I'd want to see us go after younger players like the following in sequence:

1. Stromile Swift ( neutralized Duncan in the playoffs)
2. Tyson Chandler ( defensive specimen )
3. Jonathan Bender ( offensive specimen)
4. Kwame Brown ( Duncan drone )
5. Mehmet Okur ( Gasol drone )
6. Eric Dampier ( Alonzo drone )

No Rasheed Wallace, Marcus Camby, Chris Webber, Antoine Walker and Antoine Jamerson.

aswitzer

Rookie
I agree with you on Rasheed, but I think it's a tough call on most of the players you've listed. Other than maybe Okur, have any of those guys proven anything yet? They all seem to be pretty inconsistent, and have had trouble living up to the hype of their draft positions. Also, I like Dampier and he had a good season in Golden State, but he's not exactly young at 29.

I think Swift might have the brightest future, if he continues to work hard on improving his game. He was still very inconsistent this year, and he's not a sure bet to take it to the next level. If he had actually neutralized Duncan in the playoffs, wouldn't the Grizzlies have at least one a game or two?

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
They haven't proven anything yet? However, I've watched those guys perform and they have more than what it takes. When I first saw Jermaine O'Neal in Portland, I knew he would be dominant by watching him guard Shaq in one game. These young guys don't get the respect from refs and don't stay in the game long. But they cause problems for opposing teams on the floor. I knew Indiana had a steal from the Davis for O'Neal trade. Swift caused problems for Duncan in that series. He blocked a few of Duncan's shots on post-up moves. That's impressive. If any of these guys come to New York, they'll have that Big Apple incentive to perform. I know Swift has not one anything, nevertheless he's going to be a top 10 player in the NBA.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree that Swift has good potential, we'll see what develops, he'd make a good Knick no doubt.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea swift is good. agree on walker. kwame sucks... dunno wat ur smoking, he had 3 good games this year. maybe a new city will help. dampier can be great... webb showed how tuff he is but if hes not healthy id pass on him.

WiL8000

Rotation player
One thing about Camby is that he definately improved over the last season. He's got a little turn-around jumper now, that seems to work well for him. His blocking has always been decent since his days at UMass. I just know if he was a Knick again, he would get injured right off the bat. Mentally he still needs a better grasp of the game. Spree got into his head easily during the first round match-up with the TWolves.
This is what I think about Walker on the Knicks....
He would be a cancer on the team, he is egotistical, selfish, and makes poor shooting decisions. Alot of people thought the Celtics were crazy to get rid of him. In the end it was a great choice for the future to cut that tumor off of their team. After just a season in Dallas, they're talking about trading him... thats gotta say something about his teamwork ethic.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
You can't really say that because you gotta be REALLY good to earn yourself a spot on the Mavs. They already have people that need the ball more and Walker is taking some of it. That is why I think Dallas wants to trade him. Remember it is trading, not releasing. You don't know what they plan on getting in return.

WiL8000

Rotation player
If the Mavs were satified with Walkers performance, they wouldn't want to trade him. The guy on that team who would work out nicer is Jamison. He is unselfish, he took a position coming off the bench in order to play for a contender. Walker is not what the Knicks need, a unselfish player whos willing to contribute to the team first, not his stats, Jamison fits that mold. Walker has skill, but the guy has never been able to let go of that ego of his, thats what has always hindered him.

commonse

Benchwarmer
TrueBlue20 said:
I totally agree with you Wil. Jamison would be a much better pickup for the Knicks.

I dont think we need players like Jamison..

I would get Eddy Curry, Stromile Swift, Webber, Rasheed or Dampier for big man & would get Crawford, Corey Maggette or Q Richardson for lowpost..

:smokin:

kevin

Benchwarmer
Crawford, Corey Maggette or Q Richardson for lowpost..

Lowpost? These are pgs and sgs how often do you see them in the post.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I agree with commonsense. But let's stay away from Rasheed. I'd rather get Webber if we're going to go that route. Rasheed looks like he's breaking down. Webber has more to gain by coming to the Knicks. He really wants that elusive championship!

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'll say this, the Knicks have a better chance of landing Webber, thats for sure. Webber won't be able to return to the Kings, after another failure of a playoff run, he'll probably get booed again. If he comes to NY though, he better be prepared to be booed by the homecrowd if he doesn't perform.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Tim Thomas
PF Chris Webber
C Mohammad

That would be a win now team! If we trade for Webber we'll probably give up Houston for him than sign Crawford for MLE.

I'd go to war with this lineup!!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Absolutely right! Ok, sign Stromile Swift, sign and trade with Sweetney, offer the MLE to Jamal Crawford and and Quentin Richardson.