The King wants to talk to McFlurry...

Scribbles

Rotation player
He wants to "workout" with Eddy Curry.

Ummm yeah, it just so happens that they also share the same agent. And Curry has been wanting to go back to Chicago.

Will LeBron try to persuade Eddy to opt out? Will he spot him his contract money?

It's an interesting take considering how much flexibility LeBron will have in NY if Eddy is gone.

Why else would anyone on the planet want to workout with Eddy? The timing is not coincidence...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why else would anyone on the planet want to workout with Eddy?

We can only hope its because Lebron is coming to NY and he wants to see if Curry has one last push in him. A player like Lebron might be the only person on this planet to command the intensity from Curry that will finally allow him to reach his full potential.

Or maybe they both like hamburgers..who knows?

This is ether Awesome or Horrible.

It could be Horrible because he might be trying to get information about what its like to play for the knicks from EDDY CURRY! If he wanted info why wouldnt he ask David Lee or Danilo Gallinari???

and

It could be Awesome because like you said he might be trying to say he will spot Eddy Cury his contract money if he opts out.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Why on earth would Lebron spot Curry $11m? That's ridiculous. Can he convince him to opt out of his contract? Seems highly unlikely.

If anything, he's looking to hear both sides of the story about what NY, it's heckling media, Knick management and Dolan are like, from the one player that's seen the worst side of each as a player. Obviously Curry brought shit on himself, but that doesn't change the fact that NY is reputed for it's scrutiny

Ron Artest said:

Artest told the New York Daily News that free agents are a little frightened to go play for New York. "I think people need to stop being scared and go to New York," he said. "They're scared. They're so scared of the pressure and the media.

That's why I went to St. John's. People were like, 'Don't go to St. John's because you don't need the distractions.' I was like, 'I'm going here because I want to go here.' If I wanted to play for the Knicks, I would play because I wanted to play and I wouldn't feel no pressure from anybody."

Of course, as everybody knows, Artest is not afraid of anything.

The Knicks will show him the glory, glitz and glamour of NY, so it's probably (not that I'm certain) an evaluation. He's also aware of NY's lack of a decent center and could be putting the onus on Curry to revert to his best form.

Good fvcking luck!

Scribbles

Rotation player
Who said anything about 11M? I'm sure the Knicks are willing to throw down 8 mill to run him out of town....

If LeBron and his manager can't convince Eddy to split, no one can....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
i feel like curry cant say nothing negative cuz the guy basically couldn't stay healthy

But he will. He's already publically complained about D'Antoni and has had the audacity to ask the Knicks to waive him at his full salary. He won't take a buyout for a penny less. He's pulling a Mebury, but much, much worse. So even though the Knicks have given him every chance to prove himself, he will still complain. Which wouldn't surprise me. He's an awful human being.

But he will. He's already publically complained about D'Antoni and has had the audacity to ask the Knicks to waive him at his full salary. He won't take a buyout for a penny less. He's pulling a Mebury, but much, much worse. So even though the Knicks have given him every chance to prove himself, he will still complain. Which wouldn't surprise me. He's an awful human being.
Actually hes a very nice guy. I met him twice. I was leaving a knicks game and the second the game was over he walked to the exit and stood there for like an hour signing Autographs and taking pictures.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Who said anything about 11M? I'm sure the Knicks are willing to throw down 8 mill to run him out of town....

If LeBron and his manager can't convince Eddy to split, no one can....

Not only will he not take a crumb LESS than what he's owed, what on mother earth makes you think that James and their agent Leon Rose will convince Eddy to opt out!?

Why would an agent be an exponent of guaranteeing his employer LESS money?

Are you from Syria?

Are you Syrias?

Here's the story BTW.

LeBron James has reached out to the Knicks, which may or may not be such a good thing for Donnie Walsh's club.

James, according to a source, has contacted Knicks center Eddy Curry about working out together at some point during the offseason. There may be nothing more to it than the fact that James and Curry are represented by the same agent, Leon Rose. James and Curry also have close ties to noted NBA power broker William Wesley, whom the Knicks put in charge of Curry's workouts last summer.

But Curry's involvement in the Knicks' recruitment of James is interesting since the veteran center has had a famous falling-out with head coach Mike D'Antoni, which began as far back as D'Antoni's first practice with the Knicks.

The crux of their problem is that Curry has rarely been healthy or in shape since D'Antoni was hired. In fact, Curry has appeared in just 10 games over the past two seasons, a number that would be unacceptable to any coach.

Curry, however, according to team sources, feels that D'Antoni never gave him a fair chance and that he set him up for failure by pulling him from the lineup in early January just as Curry was attempting his comeback.

Curry even elected to have knee surgery during the season rather than wait until late April because he was convinced that D'Antoni wouldn't play him.

If James were to ask Curry about D'Antoni, chances are that Curry would not provide a glowing report. Several Knicks complained during the season about D'Antoni's lack of communication over their roles and status.

Whether that hurts the Knicks' chances of signing James remains to be seen. There seems to be no doubt that James and "my team" as he calls his agent, adviser and friends, are doing as much research as possible on prospective teams.

Nate Robinson, who left the Knicks on bad terms with D'Antoni, had told friends after the trade with Boston that if James asked him about New York he would tell him it's a great place to play.

Curry, however, hasn't had the same experience as Robinson, who was always a fan favorite.

What does help the Knicks is Curry's strong relationship with Walsh, the Knicks' president. Even though Garden chairman James Dolan stepped in last summer and demanded that Curry lose an unspecified amount of weight or face a fine, Curry felt that Walsh always had his best interests at heart.

Monday, Walsh reiterated that he is still optimistic that Curry can be an asset to the team. Curry's expiring contract instantly makes him an asset, but Walsh is talking about Curry making an impact on the court.

"There aren't many guys out there that can play with their back to the basket and score the way he does," Walsh said. "He's been working out here in New York so we'll see where he's at."

Walsh added that he was unaware of Curry and James making plans to work out. It is unclear if Wesley, better known as "World Wide Wes," will be involved in the workouts. Wesley is emerging as a prominent figure in the James sweepstakes.

There are reports that Wesley, who represents Kentucky coach John Calipari, is trying to leverage his client in a package deal with James. Three teams with salary cap space - the Nets, Bulls and Clippers - all have coaching vacancies.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-05-18_james_trained_on_ny.html#ixzz0oIOxYFE2

If anything, this is like butt rape to Knicks fans and staff.

New New York

Quiet Storm
LMAO at people who think Lebron is actually going take career advice from a player who is the epitomy of every bad stereotype put to an athlete!

Think about it....Eddy Curry is everthing Lebron James is not!

This story is planted by the same people who hate the idea of Lebron coming to NY! The Daily News was just dumb for taking the bait!

Not to mention it would be in Curry's best interest to convince Lebron to come to NY to salavage his career. If Curry bad mouthed The Knicks to the point that Lebron stayed away, he wouldve earned himself a spot on the bench this season and his last NBA contract ever!

BUT, rest assure there is no way Lebron is taking Curry's opinion on NY to heart either way! It would really be like asking Isiah to approve a trade for you!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
LeBron and His Coach

Wherever LeBron goes the coach will know that it is his job to get along with LeBron, not the other way around. If LeBron told Dolan, he would come to the Knicks only if Isiah was the coach, I think Isiah would be back as the coach.

Bottom line? LeBron is not worrying about getting along with D'Antoni. He probably just wants to help Curry and as Trillion and others have observed, that is not necessarily bad for New York as LeBron's destination.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I know Curry has always underacheived and I am not a fan but I thought I would throw this out:

If James signs and can get Curry to play to his potential (starters with their workouts this offseason) then we have our center. Curry has to know that this is his last chance nad he is in a contract year so expect max effort. If anyone can get throught to Curry I think Lebron is the person.

C-Curry
PF- Bosh
SF- Gallo
SG - Walker
PG/F - James

Talk about a big dominant lineup!

Too lazy to read through everyone's posts, but I can't see it being anything besides LeBron asking Curry what it's like playing in Chicago and NY, which city he likes more, etc.