NBA Draft Lottery tonight

LJ4ptplay

Starter
There has not been much discussion about the lottery, which is tonight, and rightfully so, since the Knicks do not have their pick (thanks Isiah). But there are some potential repercussions for the Knicks future as the winner is probably going to draft John Wall.

Who do you want to win the lottery tonight? Who do you NOT want to win the lottery tonight?

I want the T-Wolves to win. If they win, they might be more willing to trade Rubio.

Golden State wouldn't be bad either. If they win, they might be willing to trade Curry (or somebody else) if we take one of their bad contracts (e.g. Biedrens or Maggete).

New Orleans only has a 0.8% chance but would be the best for the Knicks. Chris Paul or Darren Collison could be traded.

I definitely don't want to see the Nets win the lottery. And they have the best chance at 25%. Although they might be willing to trade Harris if they win, I doubt they would trade him to the Knicks and defintely not trade him during free agency. They would want to hamper the Knicks chances of signing Lebron the best they can. And having Wall would be another attractive asset for the Nets to sign free agents.

I don't want the Jazz to win either. That would be difficult to accept since it is our pick.

iSaYughh

Starter
If GS won and traded Curry to us....my jubilation will know no bounds. I can't even think about this possibility right now.

The Jazz winning would be the hardest pill to swallow. It's bad enough watching Noah play for the Bulldonkeys.

T-Wolves def ideal, IMO, even more than NewO. Any idea what their % is?

They'd have Flynn, Rubio, Sessions, and ostensibly Wall. Rubio or Flynn would be going, and quite possibly both of them. Wall-Sessions combo and whoever they get for Flynn and Rubio to go along with Love and Al Jeff is pretty stacked foundation.

I'd have to think Rubio's asking price would be lower than Flynn's. Not sure who I'd prefer.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If GS won and traded Curry to us....my jubilation will know no bounds. I can't even think about this possibility right now.

The Jazz winning would be the hardest pill to swallow. It's bad enough watching Noah play for the Bulldonkeys.

T-Wolves def ideal, IMO, even more than NewO. Any idea what their % is?

They'd have Flynn, Rubio, Sessions, and ostensibly Wall. Rubio or Flynn would be going, and quite possibly both of them. Wall-Sessions combo and whoever they get for Flynn and Rubio to go along with Love and Al Jeff is pretty stacked foundation.

I'd have to think Rubio's asking price would be lower than Flynn's. Not sure who I'd prefer.

The T-Wolves have the 2nd best chance at winning the lottery at 19.9%. The Nets have a 25% chance.

More often than not, the team with the best chance (worst record) does not win the lottery. Let's hope that stays true tonight.

Come on T-Wolves!!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I want the Timberwolves to win the lottery. Then we trade Chandler for the draft rights to Ricky Rubio, and then we don't have to look at the Okafor trade but can rather look at the Biedrins/Anthony Morrow one.

Imagine this lineup:

PG: Rubio
SG: King James
SF: Gallo
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Andris Biedrins

Bench:
Guards: Toney Douglas, Bill Walker
Forwards: Anthony Morrow (or Anthony Randolph, whomever we want), J.R. Giddens
Big Man: Earl Barron

Don't forget we also have two second round picks also. Man that would be a beast team if we could get a pass-first two-way player like Ricky Rubio - the Timberwolves would be STUPID to hold on to his draft rights if they get John Wall; Wall is a freaking out of this world player and they need some wing players like Wilson Chandler

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Of course, the Twolves have never won the lottery, and their stupid streak continues. The Wizards won. I mean this doesn't really help us. It increases of chances of getting Agent 0, whom I don't want any part of. So doesn't help or hurt us. And if he slips the Sixers we could get Holiday? But he's probably going to the Wizards.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well, atleast the Nets and Jazz didn't win. The Nets get the 3rd and T-Wolves get the 4th. Funny.

Wiz get the 1st and 76ers get 2nd. Arenas is definitely out of there. I would think Andre Igudola will be gone with the 76ers most likely taking Evan Turner.

Should we go after Andre Igudola? Could be a decent 2nd or 3rd option on a team with a superstar. Better than Chandler.

dave2138

Rotation player
you really think they can get rid of Arenas? I don't think there is a team in the NBA including the Knicks that would be interested in him.

iSaYughh

Starter
The Wiz would pay 3/4 his salary if they could get rid of him.

I'd love Iggy. Damn. If we got him...not sure how he'd fit in with The King, though.

I dont see this lotto changing our plans much for better or worse.

Walsh will joint sign Bosh n Bron; and look to trade a combo of The Curry, Walker, Chandler, and picks to obtain Biedrins n Randolph (best since Randolph would be a great and possibly needed backup to Bosh), Emeka n Collison (least likely IMO...Emeka is a poor mans Samuel Dalembert aging faster than bad wine), while targeting the Flynn/Rubio combo.

A perfect world swaps Chandler and Walker for Rubio. Curry and a future for Biedrins/Randolph.

Rubio-Douglas
Bron
Gallo
Bosh-Randolph
Biedrins-Barron

Meta-filthy. Douglas, Randolph, Barron = The Big 3 of the bench.

smokes

Huge Member
Don't understand why people think the lottery didn't work out well for us, Nets getting the 3 pick is a lot better for us than if they got the #1. Lowers the chance that Lebron wants to sign there.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Don't understand why people think the lottery didn't work out well for us, Nets getting the 3 pick is a lot better for us than if they got the #1. Lowers the chance that Lebron wants to sign there.

Word and our pick was #9 so it's not like we missed out on Wall.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lottery-Balls drop 4 Wizards

Kentucky freshman John Wall and Ohio State swingman Evan Turner, the national player of the year.

1. Washington Wizards
2. Philadelphia 76ers
3. New Jersey Nets
4. Minnesota Timberwolves
5. Sacramento Kings
6. Golden State Warriors
7. Detroit Pistons
8. Los Angeles Clippers
9. Utah Jazz (Knicks pick)
10. Indiana Pacers
11. New Orleans Hornets
12. Memphis Grizzlies
13. Toronto Raptors
14. Houston Rockets

iSaYughh

Starter
The wolves getting the lotto woulda been an utter coup, so it's more disappointing then not.

Nets getting it I dnt think really changes much all likelihood, but it had the potential to be a cluster****, so that's a pretty big comfort.

Potentially GSW warriors getting it coulda been a windfall also.

Depends on the perspective. We didn't get hurt and a potential disaster was avoided in the nets, but a couple distinctly positive scenarios didn't break.

Not the worst since we are still nonetheless positioned to get our C and point.

dave2138

Rotation player
The worst part is the East is going to get stronger now with Philly and Washington getting franchise players through the draft. Would have been much better if Minnesota/Sacramento/Golden State had the top 3.

Also the biggest negative is that Washington automatically becomes a legit contender for a max FA contract. I could see them now being 1 of the front runners for Chris Bosh or Rudy Gay.