Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery tonight

Default NBA Draft Lottery tonight

There has not been much discussion about the lottery, which is tonight, and rightfully so, since the Knicks do not have their pick (thanks Isiah). But there are some potential repercussions for the Knicks future as the winner is probably going to draft John Wall.

Who do you want to win the lottery tonight? Who do you NOT want to win the lottery tonight?

I want the T-Wolves to win. If they win, they might be more willing to trade Rubio.

Golden State wouldn't be bad either. If they win, they might be willing to trade Curry (or somebody else) if we take one of their bad contracts (e.g. Biedrens or Maggete).

New Orleans only has a 0.8% chance but would be the best for the Knicks. Chris Paul or Darren Collison could be traded.

I definitely don't want to see the Nets win the lottery. And they have the best chance at 25%. Although they might be willing to trade Harris if they win, I doubt they would trade him to the Knicks and defintely not trade him during free agency. They would want to hamper the Knicks chances of signing Lebron the best they can. And having Wall would be another attractive asset for the Nets to sign free agents.

I don't want the Jazz to win either. That would be difficult to accept since it is our pick.

Veteran

If GS won and traded Curry to us....my jubilation will know no bounds. I can't even think about this possibility right now.

The Jazz winning would be the hardest pill to swallow. It's bad enough watching Noah play for the Bulldonkeys.

T-Wolves def ideal, IMO, even more than NewO. Any idea what their % is?

They'd have Flynn, Rubio, Sessions, and ostensibly Wall. Rubio or Flynn would be going, and quite possibly both of them. Wall-Sessions combo and whoever they get for Flynn and Rubio to go along with Love and Al Jeff is pretty stacked foundation.

I'd have to think Rubio's asking price would be lower than Flynn's. Not sure who I'd prefer.

Lurker

New Jersey winning would be bad too

Banned

Nyk Logo Damn Isiah

Utah better not get a high pick tonight

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    If GS won and traded Curry to us....my jubilation will know no bounds. I can't even think about this possibility right now.

The Jazz winning would be the hardest pill to swallow. It's bad enough watching Noah play for the Bulldonkeys.

T-Wolves def ideal, IMO, even more than NewO. Any idea what their % is?

They'd have Flynn, Rubio, Sessions, and ostensibly Wall. Rubio or Flynn would be going, and quite possibly both of them. Wall-Sessions combo and whoever they get for Flynn and Rubio to go along with Love and Al Jeff is pretty stacked foundation.

I'd have to think Rubio's asking price would be lower than Flynn's. Not sure who I'd prefer.
    The T-Wolves have the 2nd best chance at winning the lottery at 19.9%. The Nets have a 25% chance.

More often than not, the team with the best chance (worst record) does not win the lottery. Let's hope that stays true tonight.

Come on T-Wolves!!!

Veteran

I want the Timberwolves to win the lottery. Then we trade Chandler for the draft rights to Ricky Rubio, and then we don't have to look at the Okafor trade but can rather look at the Biedrins/Anthony Morrow one.

Imagine this lineup:

PG: Rubio
    SG: King James
    SF: Gallo
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C: Andris Biedrins

Bench:
    Guards: Toney Douglas, Bill Walker
    Forwards: Anthony Morrow (or Anthony Randolph, whomever we want), J.R. Giddens
    Big Man: Earl Barron

Don't forget we also have two second round picks also. Man that would be a beast team if we could get a pass-first two-way player like Ricky Rubio - the Timberwolves would be STUPID to hold on to his draft rights if they get John Wall; Wall is a freaking out of this world player and they need some wing players like Wilson Chandler

GO T-Wolves!!!

Of course, the Twolves have never won the lottery, and their stupid streak continues. The Wizards won. I mean this doesn't really help us. It increases of chances of getting Agent 0, whom I don't want any part of. So doesn't help or hurt us. And if he slips the Sixers we could get Holiday? But he's probably going to the Wizards.

Well, atleast the Nets and Jazz didn't win. The Nets get the 3rd and T-Wolves get the 4th. Funny.

Wiz get the 1st and 76ers get 2nd. Arenas is definitely out of there. I would think Andre Igudola will be gone with the 76ers most likely taking Evan Turner.

Should we go after Andre Igudola? Could be a decent 2nd or 3rd option on a team with a superstar. Better than Chandler.

Superstar

you really think they can get rid of Arenas? I don't think there is a team in the NBA including the Knicks that would be interested in him.

I think the Wiz are stuck with Arenas too. No one is going to take a mental patient (literally) who makes 20 million/year.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

they're saying the knicks are going to take elliot williams and terrico white....who are these guys?

Veteran

The Wiz would pay 3/4 his salary if they could get rid of him.

I'd love Iggy. Damn. If we got him...not sure how he'd fit in with The King, though.

I dont see this lotto changing our plans much for better or worse.

Walsh will joint sign Bosh n Bron; and look to trade a combo of The Curry, Walker, Chandler, and picks to obtain Biedrins n Randolph (best since Randolph would be a great and possibly needed backup to Bosh), Emeka n Collison (least likely IMO...Emeka is a poor mans Samuel Dalembert aging faster than bad wine), while targeting the Flynn/Rubio combo.

A perfect world swaps Chandler and Walker for Rubio. Curry and a future for Biedrins/Randolph.

Rubio-Douglas
    Bron
    Gallo
    Bosh-Randolph
    Biedrins-Barron

Meta-filthy. Douglas, Randolph, Barron = The Big 3 of the bench.

In the draft this year only one pick is none and that's wall I didn't see alabi in that draft it's too deap this year

Don't understand why people think the lottery didn't work out well for us, Nets getting the 3 pick is a lot better for us than if they got the #1. Lowers the chance that Lebron wants to sign there.