McGrady and Swift

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Knicks would be the top in the league if they can get these two and build around them.

Tim Thomas
Stephen Marbury

for

Tracy McGrady

Sign and trade

Kurt Thomas
and/or Micheal Sweetney

Stromile Swift

let's face it. No one will take the Allan Houston 100 million dollar contract.

Starting five:

Frank Williams
Allan Houston
Tracy McGrady
Stromile Swift
Nazr Mohammad

WiL8000

Rotation player
No way, that would put the Knicks in the same position that the Orlando Magic were in last season (TMac with no support). Marbury should not be traded period, and Thomas knows that. It would be great to get TMac, but not at that expense, I would get rid of Mohammed too, he should not start at center, no way. All the Knicks need is a center and their set.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea i agree. swift is young and hasnt proven himself yet. fw is good but i dont know if he can handle starting pg yet. wed lose a lot of bench 2.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Frank Williams has all the skills. You don't need 5 allstars. You only need two top notch players in and out (Mcrady and Swift) and a third wildcard Allan Houston to keep defensed honest. Mohammed and Baker as backups gives you bodies to play center. All you would need for them to do is occasionally post up players rebound, block shots and set picks. Swift will be as good a player as Jermaine O'Neal. McGrady would have all the help he needs. The achillies heal would be Allan Houston defensively.

WiL8000

Rotation player
The ultimate goal in getting a player like TMac in New York, is the draw of having a great point-guard like Marbury to set you up. Swift is a good player to throw in the mix, but the Knicks should be focused on keeping Marbury in New York.

JJtheKnick

Starter
no no no look

Frank Williams - not to good (and thats being nice)
Allan Houston -injured
Tracy McGrady - also a lil messed up
Stromile Swift - who the hell is this
Nazr Mohammad - hes not to good at all

JJtheKnick

Starter
and also marbury and thomes for t mac is not a good trade you are giving up one of the best PG and a really good small forward

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Part of building a team is evaluating young talent. Tracy McGrady is a top five player. Marbury is not a top 5 point guard. I love Marbury, but Tracy McGrady is arguably the best SG in the game. Lakers would trade Kobe for McGrady straight up! You can make a case that Iverson, Bibby, Nash, Parker, Kidd, Billups, Cassell, Payton, and maybe now Wade are as good or better than Marbury. You can only make a case that Kobe is better than McGrady. If I was able to see that Jermaine O'Neal was a much better player than Dale Davis, I think you guys should trust me on Swift. I laughed at the know-it-alls who said Portland had a steal. Swift in the East would immediately by the 3rd best power forward.

** Note**

Most teams won't play young players regularly in fear that they'll play well and demand huge contracts. Plus fear of heavy competition to sign them from other teams. You don't want to be faced with having to match an offer sheet from the Knicks or the Lakers if you're the Grizziles.

jayp

Benchwarmer
marbury not a top 5 point guard? c'mon man, do u hate him or sumthin? wade is definitely not better than steph, at least for now..

WiL8000

Rotation player
Marbury should definately be part of that list, in what numerical order, I really can't say. TMac is definately someone who would be great to have in a Knicks uniform. TMac could accomplish so much more with a great point-guard like Marbury feeding him passes. Frank Williams is awsome but he doesn't have the maturity that Starbury has yet.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I'm not saying Steph isn't a top 5 PG. But what did he do against Kidd. I love Marbury. The only guys I'd trade him straight up for are Kobe, McGrady, Duncan, Yao, Shaq. That's it. If he's desired by the Magic for McGrady, you must pull the trigger.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
no no no look

Allan Houston -injured

how could u not know who stromile is? lol, u should improve ur overall NBA iq, especially since theres other basketball going on now

kevin

Benchwarmer
Hoagies99 said:
JJtheKnick said:
no no no look

Allan Houston -injured

ok let me fix this....
Frank Williams- Did you watch him play when he started?
Allan Houston- Said he will be ready for next year
Tracy McGrady- Missed games because he was the only good player
Stromile Swift- Top 10 shot blockers in the league
Nazr Mohammed- Scrub

e_D

Benchwarmer
nycefnl said:
I'm not saying Steph isn't a top 5 PG. But what did he do against Kidd. I love Marbury. The only guys I'd trade him straight up for are Kobe, McGrady, Duncan, Yao, Shaq. That's it. If he's desired by the Magic for McGrady, you must pull the trigger.

He did pretty good against Kidd, it was the other 2 defenders who collapsed on him that threw him off. Marbury is definately one of the leagues top PGs. Absolutely top 5, if not top 3.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Let's not make Stephon Marbury's game the issue. The fact remains that McGrady is clearer the superior player. Let's just say I'd make that trade (TT & SM for TM). I then would use the 5 million exception to get a big man. But if I could some way get them to take Houston instead or anyone else for that matter to have Marbury here playing with TMac I'd sign. Yet a TMac doesn't need an allstar PG (Derrick Fisher, BJ Armstrong, Steve Curr, Danny Anige, Byron Scott).

kevin

Benchwarmer
Mcgrady said hes interested in the Lakers and the Spurs for next season. I forget where the article was, but he didnt mention anything about the knicks.