Chandler busted with weed

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Knicks' Wilson Chandler caught with pot: cops

By LARRY CELONA
Last Updated: 10:01 AM, May 19, 2010
Posted: 7:22 AM, May 19, 2010

Knicks forward Wilson Chandler was busted on a pot possession charge after cops pulled him over last night in Queens, police said.

Chandler, who turned 23 last week, was carrying what was described as a "small amount" of marijuana when cops pulled over the 2010 Mercedes-Benz he was riding in near 94th Avenue and 213th Street in Queens at 11:30 p.m., police said.

Cops decided to search Chandler after they smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle, police said. Chandler was issued a desk appearance ticket for the misdemeanor charge.

Chandler missed the final month of the season because of a strained groin; He is scheduled to undergo a sports hernia surgery and will need six to eight weeks to recover. Chandler was drafted by the Knicks in 2007.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/knicks_wilson_chandler_caught_with_1pqxYSF6WQDpN6hnk42bDO

He's almost getting to the untradeable level. Injured every year and now this. Forget any scenario where Chandler gets us something of value (e.g. Rubio). We might as well keep him.

Paul1355

All Star
I have always said that Chandler has all the talent but is one of the dumbest players on the Knicks.

He talks like an idiot and now proves it right here with this article.

Scribbles

Rotation player
LOL

I don't think I wanna trade him on a small misdemeanor. I mean the cops just gave him a ticket and now ya wanna trade him for foodstamps.

Chandler is like the poor mans Rudy Gay.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
It's not even about the weed thing...Chandler is expendable. We need players for next year, with those picks we could get two players for about the same money we'll be paying Chandler next year, while also possibly filling a positional need or two...

Red

TYPE-A
It was for "Medicinal" purposes!

+1 For Wilson's rep. Can't blame a player for trying to heal up and get back on the court.

...and you guys thought he was passive. He was HIGH!

Red

TYPE-A
oh and...

note to Wilson: You're a minority, full of tats, driving around Queens in a Benz.

Here in NYC... we call that a target. You fit the profile! Next time, wear your seat-belt, obey all laws, drive the speed limit and finally, stash your sh*t better! No smoking until you get indoors.

or take a limo or OJ. That way the driver is liable.

New New York

Quiet Storm
LOL

I don't think I wanna trade him on a small misdemeanor. I mean the cops just gave him a ticket and now ya wanna trade him for foodstamps.

Chandler is like the poor mans Rudy Gay.

I think this is the most critical time in the History of our franchise, with Wilson Chandler representing one of the major selling points of Walsh and Dantoni, this may not be a big deal, but it certainley doesnt help matters.

The weed charge alone isnt much, but it plus the injuries hurts the sales pitch!

Wilson for Memphis' picks then Walker + and the earliest of the picks for Rubio!

nyk_nyk

All Star
This little incident doesn't hurt his stock in the least. I do agree that we need to try and get a pick or package him for something... anything. We're going to need a bunch of players since we only have about 5 under contract for next season.

mafra

Legend
I just assumed 75% of NBA players huff the puff-puff. Not shocking here. He was issued a ticket, so nothing to get up in arms about. At least we know now why he's so passive, loses focus and seems to be stuck in mud at times.

STILL... He has potential if a super star walks through the door.... like James... that'll grab WC's attention fast. Get him straightened out.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Fine with the weed, but don't keep that shit in the car.
Also why was he in Queens. I live in Queens...not exactly razzle dazzle. Where was he going to?