Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: LeBron & Dirk could be the greatest duo of all time

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default LeBron & Dirk could be the greatest duo of all time

    The more I think about it, the more I believe it to be true.

    These two would be absolutely SICK together. Dirk is in VERY much the same situation as LeBron. Free for the first time in his career. He has been the MVP and has won 67 games in a season. He is at the height of his game. He needs a ring. Or two. Or more.

    LeBron is a 2 time MVP and has won 66 games in a season. He is at the height of his game. He just needs rings.

    They are both grounded and have a sense of the moment. They both step up their games in a big spot. Yet their games would complement each others enormously.

    They would play so well together, I almost feel as if the basketball gods will make it happen. Ship Gallo and Curry out for Tony Parker and the LBJ/Dirk/Parker core would win MULTIPLE titles.

  2. #2
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Yah this team would stlll be missing that defensive bigman who doesn't score and backup defensive big man. Lebron and Dirk would work well together...able to kill inside/out and park Gallinari on the 3pt line.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,796
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We don't even need Parker. If we traded Curry and Wilson Chandler for Emeka Okafor and Darren Collison, that'd be even better than having Parker.

    PG - Collison
    SG - LeBron James (yes I do firmly believe he could be a 2 guard if he wanted to)
    SF - Danilo Gallinari
    PF - Dirk Nowitzki
    C - Emeka Okafor

    It makes me jizz in my pants just thinking about that lineup

  4. #4
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Still think I'd rather have Bosh. Even if we get the perfect lineup we won't be going straight to the NBA finals, we need a year or two for the team to gel and get some playoff experience. Gallo/Chandler/Douglas/Collison really have no idea what it's like to play a 7 game series.

    After 2 more years Dirk is gonna be on the decline while Bosh will still be in his prime. Same can be said for David Lee.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,796
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^ I'm confused by what you mean - do you mean that Lee will be on the decline, or that Lee will also be a better choice than Dirk because he won't be on the decline?

    I'm assuming the latter since Lee is pretty young. That being said Bosh + LeBron would be a better move in the long run, that's for sure. Lee + LeBron would probably be the best move for us if you take into account the fact that we could probably use the cap room saved from Lee instead of Bosh to sign a decent PG like Luke Ridnour

  6. #6
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Actually this is bad news if you think about it. What if Cleveland and Dallas do a sign and trade sending Lebron to Dallas, Dampier + Draft picks + Beabois. We better hope Lebron wants to play with Bosh in NY instead of Dirk in Dallas.

  7. #7
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    Actually this is bad news if you think about it. What if Cleveland and Dallas do a sign and trade sending Lebron to Dallas, Dampier + Draft picks + Beabois. We better hope Lebron wants to play with Bosh in NY instead of Dirk in Dallas.
    dallas definetly has the assets but that wont ever happen1!!

  8. #8
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    Actually this is bad news if you think about it. What if Cleveland and Dallas do a sign and trade sending Lebron to Dallas, Dampier + Draft picks + Beabois. We better hope Lebron wants to play with Bosh in NY instead of Dirk in Dallas.
    The media have been saying that James doesn't want to "leave the Cavs high and dry" suggesting a sign and trade is most likely rather than an opt out.

    Would they S&T for any package we could possibly propose along with Lee? **** no they wouldn't.

    Toronto have made their disinterests clear in a Lee + X for Bosh. Or so I read.

    Don't think a S&T for Dirk and Beaubois would cut it either, but it's much more likely than anything Donnie could cook up with the little he has.

  9. #9
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well I don't think it will happen either. I was just responding to the idea of Lebron and Dirk playing together. The only way that could happen is if Dallas did a Dampier -> Lebron trade...which like you said is unlikely, but better chance of that than both signing with NY in my opinion.

    I'd rather stick to the Lebron + Bosh plan.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Toronto management are fools as bad as Kahn if they are truly disinterested in a Lee + ___ for Bosh s&t. If they accept some jank **** in the vein of a s8 up Beasely I'm going to be sick.

    Derozan, Turk-Chandler, Lee, Bargs isn't a bad foundation. Not that those Canadjans would know what to do with it, but it's dynamic and could become dangerous I'd Turk has a bounce back next couple years and the other keys keep doing their thing.

    Give us:

    Douglas
    Bron
    Gallo
    Bosh
    Biedrins
    Bench: A-Rand, Morrows, Barron

    Epic-filthy. That bench with Randolph and Morrows could be unreal nasty rotating in.

  11. #11
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    The media have been saying that James doesn't want to "leave the Cavs high and dry" suggesting a sign and trade is most likely rather than an opt out.

    Would they S&T for any package we could possibly propose along with Lee? **** no they wouldn't.

    Toronto have made their disinterests clear in a Lee + X for Bosh. Or so I read.

    Don't think a S&T for Dirk and Beaubois would cut it either, but it's much more likely than anything Donnie could cook up with the little he has.
    Lets trade 'em Fat Curry for LeBron, lol. That would be the biggest blow to any franchise, lol.

    All joking aside I believe Lee will be part of a sign and trade for either Bosh or Bron.

  12. #12
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Toronto management are fools as bad as Kahn if they are truly disinterested in a Lee + ___ for Bosh s&t. If they accept some jank **** in the vein of a s8 up Beasely I'm going to be sick.

    Derozan, Turk-Chandler, Lee, Bargs isn't a bad foundation. Not that those Canadjans would know what to do with it, but it's dynamic and could become dangerous I'd Turk has a bounce back next couple years and the other keys keep doing their thing.

    Give us:

    Douglas
    Bron
    Gallo
    Bosh
    Biedrins
    Bench: A-Rand, Morrows, Barron

    Epic-filthy. That bench with Randolph and Morrows could be unreal nasty rotating in.
    What is with this suggested "name change" for Anthony Morrow on this site? LOL

    Anthony Morrows doesn't exist fam!

  13. #13
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Lets trade 'em Fat Curry for LeBron, lol. That would be the biggest blow to any franchise, lol.

    All joking aside I believe Lee will be part of a sign and trade for either Bosh or Bron.
    lol.. Knicks fans dream.....

    Seriously though, what would we throw in with Lee for either player?

    Chandler? Douglas? Walker? Gallo? All 4!?

    I really can't see a scenario that'd turn Cleveland on. Curry's expiring contract to help their cap woes sounds lavish, but they're not gonna see that as a plus in the wake of The King.

    As for Toronto, that'd leave them with 2 bigs that do nothing on defence. Can't see why they'd need one of our many SFs either with Turk and DeRozan . Douglas, as our only definite PG, isn't a good loss for us. To lose him and Lee wouldn't be worth acquiring Bosh. Not unless we get ourselves a legit PG.

  14. #14
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We already have Gallo, no need for Dirk.

    Jordan > LeBron
    Pippen > Dirk

    Try again.

Similar Threads

  1. Lebron's perfect free agency partner
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 19, 2010, 15:33
  2. King James Perfect Teammate
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 18, 2010, 22:37
  3. Top 10 reasons why Lebron will be a knick
    By Trin_Starr in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 13, 2009, 19:06
  4. LeBron Declines Extension
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2009, 05:30
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 14:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •