A realistic knicks 2010 roster

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
How will bosh continue to develop lee is still developing there is a whole lot more upside with lee bosh does not want new York he wants to be back in Texas
Really? More opinions? Oh boy...

First, Bosh is in his prime currently. Who is to say he won't grow anymore? You certainly don't know that for fact.

Second, did you see the Rockets, Spurs, or Mavericks on his "wish list" that he released to the Toronto media? Nope. Did you see the Knicks on the list? Yes. Point disproved.

Just stop before you keep throwing out more irrelevant opinions with absolutely no facts!

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Second off I'm in buffalo ny
go bills! i come to this site several times daily and i rarely post but that lineup was not good at all, there is so many more options: i saw a report stating they were talkin about trading eddy curry for arenas, we could do that on draft day as well sign the beloved lebron james and chris bosh come free agency time, if not gilbert arenas we can offer michael redd the midlevel n look for another guard, honestly i cant stand duhon but with a team of lebron bosh gallo and possibly redd or just the 3 duhon would be a servicable point guard to resign, he doesnt have to make the play just run the plays to lebron n bosh

smokes

Huge Member
R u all so arrogant
1st sergio is one of the best pg options for lebron fast past is the game lebron plays that suits barron and lee just as well
2ndly those scrubs r the best "scrubbs" to be the role players we need and can afford zoubek 2nd best fast paced center in the draft Aldrich is the best but out of our range vazquez Humphrey lofton r three of the best shooters from the NCAA Humphrey and lofton have done very well in Europe varando is a perfect back up for lee he is the defensive player we need to be under the paint Collins is a solid point guard great back up
3rd I hate lebron but honestly it's the smartest place for him to be he can buy stocks and make more then any player with the cap space that would be opened up for next year to sign another max specifically chris Paul
Sure the first year will not be championship worthy but it is playoff worthybut second year it is championship calliber the rookies would be developed it makes sense
Nothing hAppens over night but it is gonna be amazing in a year

It's not arrogance... Its facts.

Sergio is in no way the best PG to pair with Lebron. The kind of PG we need is one who has some range, a good J, speed, penetration and good defense. Toney Douglas has all of those attributes, Sergio has only speed.

I won't say anything about those picks because I haven't researched them.

Gallo is not a SG.

The only thing I can agree with is that I'd like to see Lee and Lebron paired up. I don't really see the point in spending an extra 4-5m on Bosh when Lee is close to his level. Also Lee is a fan favourite and a Knick through and through. I can't understand why people think Lebron would turn his nose up at David Lee, his averages are pretty much on point with Bosh and he's only getting better.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah one of LeBron's biggest problems in Cleveland was his lack of a reliable second option. Antawn Jamison not really being a scoring threat is probably the reason the Cavaliers lost - Jamison came up short big time in Games 5 and 6, not to mention his inability to guard Kevin Garnett.

With Bosh, LeBron is going to have the same issue cause he's always hurt.

Bosh has missed a ton of games over the past 3 years due to nagging injuries. When was the last game David Lee was DNP-CD? He missed ONE game this year, ONE game last year, and ONE game the year before that.

Bosh has missed more games in ONE year than Lee has missed in the past THREE years. And Bosh wants MORE money? (even though Lee is improving, Lee is a better rebounder, Lee has more hustle, etc.)

He's not worth it.

HOWEVER, if LeBron James throws up as a condition "I want to play with Chris Bosh" then we sign Bosh so fast to a max deal to ensure that the King comes to MSG

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
It's not arrogance... Its facts.

Sergio is in no way the best PG to pair with Lebron. The kind of PG we need is one who has some range, a good J, speed, penetration and good defense. Toney Douglas has all of those attributes, Sergio has only speed.

I won't say anything about those picks because I haven't researched them.

Gallo is not a SG.

The only thing I can agree with is that I'd like to see Lee and Lebron paired up. I don't really see the point in spending an extra 4-5m on Bosh when Lee is close to his level. Also Lee is a fan favourite and a Knick through and through. I can't understand why people think Lebron would turn his nose up at David Lee, his averages are pretty much on point with Bosh and he's only getting better.
We see fairly eye to eye. However, I think Bosh and LeBron only come in a package deal. Any NBA player would be crazy NOT to want to play with David Lee. He's an improving, unselfish player with loads of determination and heart. But the same goes for Bosh in almost all regards. Bosh has more range, can rebound on par or better than Lee, is a clutch performer (scores in the 4th quarter including a game winner this year), has a relationship with LeBron dating back to draft day 04', and averaged better numbers than Lee with more talent on his team than Lee had.

You could make the argument that Lee would have averaged better numbers next to a true center, but wouldn't the same go for Bosh since he was playing with Bargnani, a step out wing player?

It's really a matter of opinion, and really only Bron Bron knows if he'd like to play with Lee. My guess is that he only comes to NYC if Bosh comes with him. Lee is developing very nicely, and will get a nice deal elsewhere. But I'm not sure a LeBron/Lee combination with a player like Raymond Felton, or Ray Allen wins a title. With Bosh and Bron as our 1-2 punch we will be a force in the east for a long time as long as Gallo, Chandler and TD develop into the players we all expect them to be.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Yeah one of LeBron's biggest problems in Cleveland was his lack of a reliable second option. Antawn Jamison not really being a scoring threat is probably the reason the Cavaliers lost - Jamison came up short big time in Games 5 and 6, not to mention his inability to guard Kevin Garnett.

With Bosh, LeBron is going to have the same issue cause he's always hurt.

Bosh has missed a ton of games over the past 3 years due to nagging injuries. When was the last game David Lee was DNP-CD? He missed ONE game this year, ONE game last year, and ONE game the year before that.

Bosh has missed more games in ONE year than Lee has missed in the past THREE years. And Bosh wants MORE money? (even though Lee is improving, Lee is a better rebounder, Lee has more hustle, etc.)

He's not worth it.

HOWEVER, if LeBron James throws up as a condition "I want to play with Chris Bosh" then we sign Bosh so fast to a max deal to ensure that the King comes to MSG
Honestly, the disparity in rebounding ability is 0 to none. Both average over 10 boards a game, and are among the league leaders. Although Lee averages about 1 board more than Bosh, I don't think that is a deal breaker as far as ability goes.

The point about the injuries is also a bit flawed. Looking at the amount of DNP's is one thing, but if you look at the kind of injuries Bosh had this year, and last year, it's not like strength or conditioning could have prevented them...He was elbowed in the face and had to have reconstructive surgery...that doesn't necessarily make him fragile. Both players are very durable and will play through pain. Lee missed only one game after dealing with the emotional pain of losing his grandfather, and Bosh played through a broken nose, but eventually was sidelined ONLY because his face required reconstructive surgery. I wouldn't call Bosh fragile, and I wouldn't call Lee immortal. The same easily could have happened to him.

As far as athletic ability, it's no question that Bosh has the edge. He's a better leaper, better shot blocker, and better defender, things this team lacked for the past years with Lee at C (egad).

Same goes for shooting range. Bosh can step out to behind the three point line with ease, and can hit the big shot if called upon.

It's a close call, but Bosh definitely gets the nod.

dave2138

Rotation player
I understand why this guy made the thread, trying to say that a lot of the ideas thrown around are really best case scenarios. Lebron/Bosh, is very realistic, but Dirk, Wade, trading Curry for Okafor/Paul/Arenas...probably not going to happen.

We should all have 2 plans:

#1 - Realistic Plan with Lebron/Bosh

- Trade Gallinari + Curry + 2nd round pick to Minnesota for 1st round pick (#16) + Ramon Sessions
- Sign David Lee 10 mil/year
- Trade Wilson Chandler + 2nd round pick for Anthony Morrow
- Sign Travis Outlaw 3 yr 4 mil/year
- Draft Xavier Henry with 18th pick

Douglas - 1
Morrow - 1
Lebron - 16.5
Bosh - 16.5
Lee - 10

Sessions - 4
Henry - 1.5
Walker - 1
Outlaw - 4
Barron - 1

$56.5 mil payroll

#2 - Realistic Plan with neither Lebron/Bosh (I don't think either is coming without the other)

- Sign Johnson
- Sign Lee
- Sign Heyward
- Sign Steve Blake
- Become Net Fans...

Blake
Johnson
Gallinari
Lee
Heyward

Douglas
Walker
Chandler
Barron

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Honestly, the disparity in rebounding ability is 0 to none. Both average over 10 boards a game, and are among the league leaders. Although Lee averages about 1 board more than Bosh, I don't think that is a deal breaker as far as ability goes.

The point about the injuries is also a bit flawed. Looking at the amount of DNP's is one thing, but if you look at the kind of injuries Bosh had this year, and last year, it's not like strength or conditioning could have prevented them...He was elbowed in the face and had to have reconstructive surgery...that doesn't necessarily make him fragile. Both players are very durable and will play through pain. Lee missed only one game after dealing with the emotional pain of losing his grandfather, and Bosh played through a broken nose, but eventually was sidelined ONLY because his face required reconstructive surgery. I wouldn't call Bosh fragile, and I wouldn't call Lee immortal. The same easily could have happened to him.

As far as athletic ability, it's no question that Bosh has the edge. He's a better leaper, better shot blocker, and better defender, things this team lacked for the past years with Lee at C (egad).

Same goes for shooting range. Bosh can step out to behind the three point line with ease, and can hit the big shot if called upon.

It's a close call, but Bosh definitely gets the nod.

I'd disagree that he is a better defender/shotblocker. He puts in pretty much the same effort on defense (not much) and only blocks almost 1 per game because he has 2 inches height advantage and yes he is a bit better in leaping ability.

However Lee is almost totally ambidextrous which allows him much greater scoring options in the paint. Bosh has a couple of nice post moves but relies a lot on his jumper, Lee was averaging close to 20 a game before he developed his midrange game this season. Now he's added that midrange he's becoming even more dangerous.

I just think the combination of Lee and a 4-5 million free agent would be more desirable than Bosh alone.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Hey I dont post here often usually just look around but I went to the university of Maryland and Vasquez is a waste of a draft pick. The kid would be a garbage NBA player. He takes so many dumb shots and has so many turnovers it would be detrimental to the team even though he would probably never even leave the bench. In terms of Zoubek, why bother. Have you watched him play? he has no offense at all and he is slow as shit. I know your not drafting him for offense but I really see no future for him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd disagree that he is a better defender/shotblocker. He puts in pretty much the same effort on defense (not much) and only blocks almost 1 per game because he has 2 inches height advantage and yes he is a bit better in leaping ability.

However Lee is almost totally ambidextrous which allows him much greater scoring options in the paint. Bosh has a couple of nice post moves but relies a lot on his jumper, Lee was averaging close to 20 a game before he developed his midrange game this season. Now he's added that midrange he's becoming even more dangerous.

I just think the combination of Lee and a 4-5 million free agent would be more desirable than Bosh alone.
That's a good point. Lee's got the upper hand on both hands. But that's an advantage close to the basket of course. He can't create a jump shot without room like Bosh can.

Bosh wins the inside-outside comparison, and basically takes the cake on offense from a superior triple threat.

I liked what you said about Douglas being a good fit at the PG position with Lebron. He can definitely be that Derek Fisher type player that doesn't need to create so much for others on offense, can hit the 3, play good man & gambling defence.

Definitely see him finding a niche as a top/reputed roll player next to a star that needs help on both ends to win it all.

dave2138

Rotation player
That's a good point. Lee's got the upper hand on both hands. But that's an advantage close to the basket of course. He can't create a jump shot without room like Bosh can.

Bosh wins the inside-outside comparison, and basically takes the cake on offense from a superior triple threat.

I liked what you said about Douglas being a good fit at the PG position with Lebron. He can definitely be that Derek Fisher type player that doesn't need to create so much for others on offense, can hit the 3, play good man & gambling defence.

Definitely see him finding a niche as a top/reputed roll player next to a star that needs help on both ends to win it all.

Would you have Bosh + Lee together? I wonder how that would work out.

dave2138

Rotation player
Fairly well in this system. We'd be able to spread the floor nicely and crash the boards with Bosh, Lee, Chandler and Gallo. That would be an absolute pipe dream.

Well depends...Lets say the 1st 2 things they do are sign Lebron + Bosh. Do you think that any team under the cap would take Gallinari + Curry in exchange for a mid-late 1st or below average bench player? Then you could sign Lee for the money saved.

Whats more effective? Lebron + Bosh + Lee or Lebron + Bosh + Gallinari + Curry

smokes

Huge Member

I wouldn't want it, they both play very similar roles and neither are good defenders. We would get assimilated in the paint. Neither of them are really Centers, neither of them can play SF (not that we need it). It would be a pretty pointless experiment if you ask me.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't want it, they both play very similar roles and neither are good defenders. We would get assimilated in the paint. Neither of them are really Centers, neither of them can play SF (not that we need it). It would be a pretty pointless experiment if you ask me.
Assimilated? Well I'd hope we'd get assimilated considering that means that we adjust with the players we have. Annihilated could be argued for, but I wouldn't agree. But both do not player similar roles at all. Lee looks for the interior shot but can hit the occasional jumper. Bosh does the complete opposite, as he looks for the jumper, but will also take his man off the dribble and has a couple post moves to rely back on if the jumper isn't there. Lee crashes the boards harder than Bosh, and would be our interior presence on offense, while maintaining spacing with Bosh out on the perimeter. On defense Bosh would be our force in the middle and Lee would absorb a lot of rebounds having another 6'10 player behind him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
A realistic 2010 Knicks roster:
PG Chris Duhon
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Rudy Gay
PF Danilo Gallinari
C David Lee

Bench: Sergio Rodriguez, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker, Earl Barron

Sad, but true.

smokes

Huge Member
Assimilated? Well I'd hope we'd get assimilated considering that means that we adjust with the players we have. Annihilated could be argued for, but I wouldn't agree. But both do not player similar roles at all. Lee looks for the interior shot but can hit the occasional jumper. Bosh does the complete opposite, as he looks for the jumper, but will also take his man off the dribble and has a couple post moves to rely back on if the jumper isn't there. Lee crashes the boards harder than Bosh, and would be our interior presence on offense, while maintaining spacing with Bosh out on the perimeter. On defense Bosh would be our force in the middle and Lee would absorb a lot of rebounds having another 6'10 player behind him.

Assimilated in the sense we would get dominated :lol: Maybe a bit loose use of that word but yeah, that's your opinion but I disagree.

Neither of them are good defenders and they both want to play away from the basket. You rarely see Lee camping under the basket waiting for the ball, he always receives it on the pick n roll or on the edge of the paint.

It's really not a good fit I don't see why anyone would want Bosh + Lee tandem.

A realistic 2010 Knicks roster:
PG Chris Duhon
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Rudy Gay
PF Danilo Gallinari
C David Lee

Bench: Sergio Rodriguez, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker, Earl Barron

Sad, but true.

Theres like 10 million dollars missing there because neither gay or lee are getting a max, and T-Mac will never be back in a million years, let alone starting.

Completely unrealistic if you ask me, especially considering that Gay is restricted.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Much the same as the last couple of years with PFs playing center. And who'd be their back ups? SFs playing the 4 - Gallo & Wil.

Roles are defined and divided for a reason.

I can't think of a single team that's gone all the way playing 2 PFs that are less defensively inclined. And that is the goal isn't it? To win a title?

The center position is crucial and needs to be filled properly. 1 player I've always considered shit but pivotal is Andrew Bynum of LA. Limited skills, slow post moves, questionable athleticism and so on, but he is what he is: an intimidating presence that bangs, challenges shots and changes them.

Every post I see with an "ideal team" that has Bosh or Lee at the 5 seems delusional to me.

Last edited:
I would tend to agree with Crazy8s. We need to have a true center in our starting lineup. As the games go along, especially in Mike D's system, it would be to our advantage to run with a PF at C to maximize our fast break game. But you NEED a true defensive C at the beginning and end of games to set the tone and to bring in throughout the game to stop the other teams spurts.