The pestering Bulls chatter from the ESPN talking heads

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I just don't get it.

First of all, who are their "sources?" I mean, seriously, who could they be? Is it Maverick Carter or Gloria James or Worldwide Wes? Or is it a GM assistant or a ballboy who knows someone?

Again I hear from Mark Stein today that all indications point to the Bulls. He also says that because of the CBA situation, that he will almost definitely sign a 5-6 year deal.

Do you really think LeBron is that dumb to sign a 6 year contract to play in Chicago just because of Derrick Rose and Joakim F'ing Noah? I mean, seriously? It doesn't make any sense. They are both good young players but neither is a John Wall game changer type. The LeBron-Bosh-Gallinari "Big 3" looks every bit as good, if not better than that. Why would someone nicknamed the King, with a chosen one tattoo on his back, who wants to be the biggest athlete of all time choose the SECOND CITY over what would undoubtebly be the biggest sports story of the past 25 years - leading the New York freaking Knicks to the NBA championship. Bringing the Bulls back to their former glory wouldn't be nearly the same. The countdown would begin for "5 More!" In New York, he would be the King of the World after title # 1.

I mean, I don't write for ESPN, but I would say that anyone examining the overwhelming evidence before them would conclude that LeBron James and Chris Bosh are heading to the Knicks. It is the ultimate no brainer for all parties involved. NY and the Knicks get their guy, the King gets the #1 market (the only one fit for a king) and a 2nd star plus a 3rd star in Gallinari plus the bright lights people like Buzz Bissinger- and pretty much anybody else who has been paying attention - know that he craves.

Oh, but my question - who do you think these sources could be? Friends? GMs? Brother's ex girlfriend sister types? Imaginary friends?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I just don't get it.

First of all, who are their "sources?" I mean, seriously, who could they be? Is it Maverick Carter or Gloria James or Worldwide Wes? Or is it a GM assistant or a ballboy who knows someone?

Again I hear from Mark Stein today that all indications point to the Bulls. He also says that because of the CBA situation, that he will almost definitely sign a 5-6 year deal.

Do you really think LeBron is that dumb to sign a 6 year contract to play in Chicago just because of Derrick Rose and Joakim F'ing Noah? I mean, seriously? It doesn't make any sense. They are both good young players but neither is a John Wall game changer type. The LeBron-Bosh-Gallinari "Big 3" looks every bit as good, if not better than that. Why would someone nicknamed the King, with a chosen one tattoo on his back, who wants to be the biggest athlete of all time choose the SECOND CITY over what would undoubtebly be the biggest sports story of the past 25 years - leading the New York freaking Knicks to the NBA championship. Bringing the Bulls back to their former glory wouldn't be nearly the same. The countdown would begin for "5 More!" In New York, he would be the King of the World after title # 1.

I mean, I don't write for ESPN, but I would say that anyone examining the overwhelming evidence before them would conclude that LeBron James and Chris Bosh are heading to the Knicks. It is the ultimate no brainer for all parties involved. NY and the Knicks get their guy, the King gets the #1 market (the only one fit for a king) and a 2nd star plus a 3rd star in Gallinari plus the bright lights people like Buzz Bissinger- and pretty much anybody else who has been paying attention - know that he craves.

Oh, but my question - who do you think these sources could be? Friends? GMs? Brother's ex girlfriend sister types? Imaginary friends?

We'll never know.......Some are legit, some aren't.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look.....remember back when Isiah Thomas was fired as Knicks coach, two names were mentioned as successors, Mark Jackson and Tom Tibedou. Then before long it had just become a foregone conclusion that Mark Jackson was going to be the next coach of The Knicks.

"Sources" were claiming the terms of the contract were already determined, and that Knick legends were going to brought in as the coaching staff....and then out of the Orange and Blue we hired Mike Dantoni!

There were no reports that suggested it happening, in fact the "sources" th had Dantoni going to Chi over NY!

These "sources" had us all gassed when Ramon Sessions was a FA, stating that he was for sure going to be a Knick!

They are unreliable to say the least!

Fact remains that Lebron would be dumb to make any choice this early! At best he may be leaning towards a particular team, but nothing is close to being finalized!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Well there are always going to be these stories and these sources, for some of you guys to act as if ESPN writers/commentators are complete idiots is foolish, they also talked about the Tracy McGrady deal, that came true, I remember them breaking the Walsh signing as well. Of course a lot of things don't pan out, but that doesn't mean it was false or bs reporting... smh

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You gotta be picky and choosy when it comes to these things.

But any time they use "an unnamed" or "an unidentified" source...yeah.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I swear I just saw an interview with Broussard who said LeBron, Joe Jackson, Bosh and Phil Jackson were all going to Chicago.

Seriously. He said this shit.

Just now.

Paul1355

All Star
I swear I just saw an interview with Broussard who said LeBron, Joe Jackson, Bosh and Phil Jackson were all going to Chicago.

Seriously. He said this shit.

Just now.
I heard that I couldn't believe how much Chicago wiener Chris Broussard is putting into his mouth.

Only the Knicks and the Nets through a trade can actually pull of signing two max free agents....no one else.

I hate ESPN's love affair with Chicago, If Lebron and Bosh sign with the Knicks I want to see Broussards face after hearing the news and having to talk about it on ESPN since he is apparently the "main news source" for free agency.