This should make you sick (Eddie Curry related)

King Ewing

Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...a-lot-spends-a-lot-and-owes-a-?urn=nba,243600

Eddy Curry(notes) made a shade over $10 million this year as a member of the New York Knicks. Normally, I'd have said "playing for the New York Knicks," but that's a bit of an overstatement as Curry saw time in only seven games this season. Somehow, that's an improvement as the big guy appeared in just three contests the previous year. Baby steps, you guys.

Despite that enormous salary ? and the fact that Curry has made more than $57 million in his nine year career ? the former No. 4 draft pick is seriously in debt. As the Associated Press reports, Curry defaulted on a $575,000 loan with an 85 percent interest rate, which can only happen in Nevada, and has been ordered to pay back $1.2 million to Allstar Capital Inc., the world's most ironic loan service.

However, Curry argues that he shouldn't have to pay off that debt, because he's spending too much money in other places. According to reports filed in the suit Curry's outgoing payments include:

? $30,000 a month for "household expenses."

? $17,000 a month to various relatives including his parents, sister, and father-in-law.

? More than $1,000 a month for cable and satellite television.

? $207,000 a month in garnished wages that haven't been elaborated upon, but adds up to almost $2.5 million that Eddy Curry never sees over the course of a year.

? $350,000 to Juwan Howard(notes). (What?)

Curry also owns twelve cars, three of which ? a Rolls Royce convertible and two Land Rovers ? may be taken by Allstar Capital, though Curry's lawyer says that they have reached "a mutually satisfactory resolution of the matter." Maybe Curry gets one of the Land Rovers and can drive the Rolls to important events? Seems fair to me.

Furthermore, Curry is still involved in that creepy sexual harrassment lawsuit from January of last year. Oh, and he's fighting with lawyers who he says mismanaged his money, leading to the foreclosure of his $3.7 million home near Chicago. Not to mention Curry's son's mother was murdered in January of 2009. Saying it's been a rough 16 months for the former Chicago standout is selling things a little short, I'd say.

On the bright side, Curry holds a player option of $11.2 million on his contract for next season. Pretty safe bet that he takes the Knicks up on that, even if he never sees a cent of it.

CoolClyde

Curry = Loser

everything in this article points out the fact that Eddie Curry is a stupid human being. 85% interest rate, and doesn't pay it off in time? jerk.

hires an ex-con to be his driver, and then is surprised when the guy pulls a con job on him, is involved with the robbery of his home, and invokes a sexual harassment suit against him. stupid lame-o for hiring the guy in the first place.

Owns 12 cars? gimme a break, these are homie status symbols with little basis in reality. 30K/month in household expenses? What can they possibly be? that fat bastard!! 350K to Juwan Howard? wtf?

why is this shithead borrowing money from loansharks and fellow players? he is a f*cking idiot!!

A lawsuit against former managers who misused his money? this is all costing Eddie more and more for lawyers.

Curry's son's mother was murdered... Eddie had sex and bore a kid outside of marriage, he is shit. he is a shithead. he deserves to eat shit and die.

The NY papers should be all over these facts and figures, I'm glad to be hearing about it now, so I can hate the guy even more. Isaiah ruined the Knicks by trading away so much for Curry, he had 1 good season for us, and since then has gone to pot, poisoned by the bench-work of Jerome James, who did NOTHING for his millions.

No wonder Eddie wants every penny owed him. no wonder. what a scumbag.

thanks for the article, you're right, that made me sicker than ever.

F*ck Eddie Curry!
curry.jpg

King Ewing

Banned
everything in this article points out the fact that Eddie Curry is a stupid human being. 85% interest rate, and doesn't pay it off in time? jerk.

hires an ex-con to be his driver, and then is surprised when the guy pulls a con job on him, is involved with the robbery of his home, and invokes a sexual harassment suit against him. stupid lame-o for hiring the guy in the first place.

Owns 12 cars? gimme a break, these are homie status symbols with little basis in reality. 30K/month in household expenses? What can they possibly be? that fat bastard!! 350K to Juwan Howard? wtf?

why is this shithead borrowing money from loansharks and fellow players? he is a f*cking idiot!!

A lawsuit against former managers who misused his money? this is all costing Eddie more and more for lawyers.

Curry's son's mother was murdered... Eddie had sex and bore a kid outside of marriage, he is shit. he is a shithead. he deserves to eat shit and die.

The NY papers should be all over these facts and figures, I'm glad to be hearing about it now, so I can hate the guy even more. Isaiah ruined the Knicks by trading away so much for Curry, he had 1 good season for us, and since then has gone to pot, poisoned by the bench-work of Jerome James, who did NOTHING for his millions.

No wonder Eddie wants every penny owed him. no wonder. what a scumbag.

thanks for the article, you're right, that made me sicker than ever.

F*ck Eddie Curry!

Exactly! We should be hearing this everywhere, the NY media should be ripping this one apart. Eddie Curry you fat POS!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What if we could find a way to buyout his deal? Like...pay him 15 million dollars to decline his player option?

I'd GLADLY play Eddy Curry some more money to get him off of our books and give us 45 million dollars in cap room...