View Poll Results: Does Patrick Ewing deserve a head coaching job, in the NBA?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's been an assistant coach for over 7 years and has a conference title with the Magic.

8 80.00%
  • No, he doesn't have any experience, even though he's coached with the Rockets, Magic, and Wizards.

1 10.00%
  • I don't know.

1 10.00%
  • He needs to work as an assistant, for at least another 3-5 years.

0 0%

Thread: Patrick Ewing predicts Lebron will stay in Cleveland

KnicksonLIN.com

Default Patrick Ewing predicts Lebron will stay in Cleveland

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Patrick Ewing feels Lebron James will stay in Cleveland. The Cavs have the ability to offer him 30 million dollars more than any other team, and the Cavs have been to the playoffs in each of their last 5 NBA seasons.

Ewing is also looking for a spot as a headcoach. There are several coaching vacancies in the NBA, including New Jersey, New Orleans, Chicago, Atlanta, and Los Angeles.

I would love to see Ewing coach the Knicks, but it's unlikely. Mike D'Antoni still has two more seasons on his lucrative coaching contract.

I think he would do great as the head coach of the Knicks, Nets, or Lakers(if Phil Jackson decides to go to the Bulls).

I disagree with his opinion on LBJ but I think he would make a good head coach. However if he went to the Nets or Bulls that would make me puke for sure! It's our own fault for not taking a chance on him when we had that position available but still.

It's odd, I remember the Magic gave him permission to interview for vacant head coach positions when the regular season ended, but you don't see his name popping up in speculation over jobs. Even after 7 years of assistant coaching for a championship team it seems front offices prefer these TV analysts over him, strange.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by smokes
    I disagree with his opinion on LBJ but I think he would make a good head coach. However if he went to the Nets or Bulls that would make me puke for sure! It's our own fault for not taking a chance on him when we had that position available but still.

It's odd, I remember the Magic gave him permission to interview for vacant head coach positions when the regular season ended, but you don't see his name popping up in speculation over jobs. Even after 7 years of assistant coaching for a championship team it seems front offices prefer these TV analysts over him, strange.
    I'm surprised he hasn't received any interviews, either. He has lots of experience, and he helped develop some of the best NBA centers.

The Knicks better hope the Nets don't get him.

horrible.... Ewing has nothing to do with the Knicks right now or the Cavs or LeBron. Why talk about it Pat? We love you as a player but you are on another team. You are kinda our rival...

ewing doesnt know **** about lebron...he should just stop talking about the knicks...

but yea he'd be a pretty good head coach i think, if anything he at least deserves a shot. if i was the nets id sign him for brook lopez' development.

I don't know if he'd be a good head coach...I do think he at least deserves an interview or two though...