Using Eddie Curry to grab a point guard.

moneyg

Starter
Most people are wondering what the Knicks will do with their point guard spot even though Toney Douglas proved to be a solid player. If they plan on getting good free agents because this summer much will depend on this position

While we all throw around the Lebron+ Bosh combination. The Knicks still need not settle at the pg position.
<O:p
Monta Ellis
25.5 ppg – 4 rbs – 5.3 ast - 45% fg
While not a pure point guard. Very effective and will take scoring pressure off of anybody.
We all know that GState would like to open up more playing time for Stephen Curry and are on the hook for 4 years @ 44 mil. An offer of Curry expiring contract, Toney Douglas, cash and a possibly a pick might get this done.
Darren Collison
12.4 ppg – 5.7 ast – 2.5 rbs – 48% fg
We all know that the hornets are always trying to stay below the cap our at least the luxury tax. With CP3 having input on coaches, he is not going anywhere.
If the Knicks use Curry, Douglas and cash for Collison and Peja, this would save the Hornets about 4 mil which would put them closer being below the luxury tax limit.
Gilbert Arenas

22.6 ppg – 7.2 ast – 4.2 rbs – 41% fg
We all know this story, while his contract is enormous, we can possibly get some picks or another good player, Blanche I would love but is a long shot to be included. These will obviously have to include more pieces or other teams, getting this guy for Curry would be a pretty good deal.
Raymond Felton
<O:p>
12.1 ppg – 5.6 ast – 3.6 rbs – 46% fg
While we can sign him outright, it would be good to use Curry contract to save cap space and the Bobcats would benefit from rid themselves of a contract or two.
Curry for Felton (S&T) and Desagana Diop. Diop is owed about 21 mil over the next three years and with the bobcat having Tyrus Thomas, Tyson Chandler, and Nazr. They can probably save on the Diop’s salary.
If we do land Lebron and Bosh our starting lineup will be
Ellis or Collison or Arenas or Felton
Lebron
Gallo
Bosh
Baron

with Walker, Chandler, TD on bench

<O:p></O:p>
Seems doable
What do you think??:smokin:

Paul1355

All Star
dont understand all the smiley faces....getting rid of Curry's contract might be harder than everyone thinks.

I do think that we should go after any of those guys you listed, but the question is: If there is a team that has a legit center with a big contract, do you go after the center which is a huge need over the PG?

I'd rather get Emeka Okafor for Curry than Monta Ellis or Darren Collison since we basically have no centers and the availability of them is very low.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Okafor and Collison for Curry/Chandler/Douglas makes the most sense for everybody...I keep hearing that NO really likes Collison, so I don't know if that's enough for them...

moneyg

Starter
dont understand all the smiley faces....getting rid of Curry's contract might be harder than everyone thinks.

I do think that we should go after any of those guys you listed, but the question is: If there is a team that has a legit center with a big contract, do you go after the center which is a huge need over the PG?

I'd rather get Emeka Okafor for Curry than Monta Ellis or Darren Collison since we basically have no centers and the availability of them is very low.

I would say that pgs are way more important than centers in d'antoni offense. i dont like okafor's contract. id rather have anyone of those pgs and baron as my center than okafor and draft a center or two in the second round with a minimal commitment. arenas does have a big contract as well, but he would probably be my last option

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Smiley faces like that occur when you copy/paste from Word. (at least that happened to me once)

iSaYughh

Starter
Monte Ellis deal is interesting.

I'm using Curry to get a C and a backup PF for bosh (plz Biedrins/Randolph) Like Paul said, I wanna secure our legit C. And we have very fine Pt options already....

And banking on making a deal with the TWolves.

And if no. I'm more than content with Douglas at pt along with The King. Douglas goes Mo Williams with icier veins and more tenacious D in yr1.

Imperfect Ideal assuming we don't RAPE Kahn and his mangy Wolves:

Curry + Walker + 2011 First: Biedrins + Randolph

Sit with Douglas.

Annnnd

Lee + Chandler s&t=

We can target Morrow in FA financially AND -logically since we have our perfect backup and beast running big man bench player in Randolph to tag team Bosh with.

Douglas-Serg
Lebron-Morrow
Gallo
Bosh-Randolph
Biedrins-Barron

The sick thing is that how good the team would be in yr1 will pale in good it will progressively be in 5 years.

The mismatches and rotation possibilities are filthy beyond imagination.

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
I think that idea is awesome It would be hard to imagine the need for another max in 2011 but I doubt it's possibe what could u get for David lee and chandler plus because of bosh's injuries depending on cap resign harrington but pay cut draft point shooting guard combo like vazguez then a pf center combo or a small forward I wish lazar Hayward but never will happen

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I think that idea is awesome It would be hard to imagine the need for another max in 2011 but I doubt it's possibe what could u get for David lee and chandler plus because of bosh's injuries depending on cap resign harrington but pay cut draft point shooting guard combo like vazguez then a pf center combo or a small forward I wish lazar Hayward but never will happen
Lets sign more tweeners to play out of position yay!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Why not Tyson Chandler for Curry!

act_tyson_chandler.jpg

The Deal would save Charlotte 1.5 million in cap as well as 1.5 million in luxuary tax (they are sure to go over after re-signing Felton, plus their 1st round pick) and it wasnt like Chandler was pivotol in their playoff birth or their run in the playoffs.

We do it to get a player who is a bonafied Center! He would look good playing along side of Lee,Bosh, or even Amare and his contract is coming off the books just the same as Curry next year.

This is just like trying out Darko last year, if it works great! if not, we traded away a useless player anyway with a similar deal. But there is more reason to think Tyson would workout than Darko did!

Not to mention just getting Curry off our team would be a relief!

Possible lineups with a 56 million cap

PG
Joe Johnson
Lebron
Lee
Tyson Chandler
(Wilson or Gallo become 6th man and the other gets traded for a PG)

or

PG
Lebron
Gallo
Bosh/Amare
Chandler

either is Championship contender.... of course because of Chandler's history of injuries you still bring in a backup Center like Barron or get a Jermaine Oneal for a minimum contract.

moneyg

Starter
Why not Tyson Chandler for Curry!

act_tyson_chandler.jpg

The Deal would save Charlotte 1.5 million in cap as well as 1.5 million in luxuary tax (they are sure to go over after re-signing Felton, plus their 1st round pick) and it wasnt like Chandler was pivotol in their playoff birth or their run in the playoffs.

We do it to get a player who is a bonafied Center! He would look good playing along side of Lee,Bosh, or even Amare and his contract is coming off the books just the same as Curry next year.

This is just like trying out Darko last year, if it works great! if not, we traded away a useless player anyway with a similar deal. But there is more reason to think Tyson would workout than Darko did!

Not to mention just getting Curry off our team would be a relief!

Possible lineups with a 56 million cap

PG
Joe Johnson
Lebron
Lee
Tyson Chandler
(Wilson or Gallo become 6th man and the other gets traded for a PG)

or

PG
Lebron
Gallo
Bosh/Amare
Chandler

either is Championship contender.... of course because of Chandler's history of injuries you still bring in a backup Center like Barron or get a Jermaine Oneal for a minimum contract.

i though about this but our biggest need is a pg and chandler is way more attractive than curry and he has an expirin contract. if they would give us the expiring contract of channdler for curry, jordan needs to be shot. will never happen.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would think a sign-and-trade of Lee + Curry's expiring + Chandler to Toronto could get us Bosh + Jose Calderon.

Still need a center though. But as I've stated in previous threads, if we retain the MLE and Lee's Bird Rights, we can sign 1st max, then use Lee's Bird Rights to get the 2nd (goes over the cap) and then use the MLE to sign a Center. It can work. I just hope Donnie is as creative.

New New York

Quiet Storm
i though about this but our biggest need is a pg and chandler is way more attractive than curry and he has an expirin contract. if they would give us the expiring contract of channdler for curry, jordan needs to be shot. will never happen.

Why they both come off the books next Summer? Again the Bobcats do this deal simply to save themselves 3 million dollars, while trading away a player they played fine without!

It is a sound deal for both squads

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Indeed.

We'll give them Eddy Curry, they'll dump DeSagana Diop and DJ Augustin.

They don't want Diop, we might be able to use him as a shotblocker, and they don't need Augustin when they can just re-sign Raymond Felton.

Either that or they can just draft a PG, who the hell knows and/or cares. Point being Larry Brown hates Augustin and doesn't use Diop, and they save money by taking Curry

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And it works BEST for us because DJ Augustin is a pretty good shooter. He averaged 11.8 PPG and 3.5 assists per game while only playing 26 minutes. Imagine if he played 36 minutes...he'd likely get, let's say, 13-14 PPG (that was in his ROOKIE season) and, say, 6 assists. Not an explosive scorer, but a good distributor. I'm worried about his ability to guard PGs though.