Reflection On the Last Two Years

Reading some of the threads on here has got me into thinking about how the last two years have been as a knick. i just wanted to ask everyone if you were knicks management and you could go back two years what would you have done different or do you like the direction the team is in?

I personally would not have traded Zbo and Crawford and would have made Marbury play out that contract i think if we pass on the Lebron sweepstakes and stick with this core add the right draft choices we could be in serious playoff contention. Thoughts?

Reading some of the threads on here has got me into thinking about how the last two years have been as a knick. i just wanted to ask everyone if you were knicks management and you could go back two years what would you have done different or do you like the direction the team is in?

I personally would not have traded Zbo and Crawford and would have made Marbury play out that contract i think if we pass on the Lebron sweepstakes and stick with this core add the right draft choices we could be in serious playoff contention. Thoughts?

#1. We needed them traded because their contracts were terrible
#2. We would be in the playoffs, but we would be like the Bulls, not making it far in the East
#3. The money for this offseason's free agency should put the Knicks in the top 6 of the playoffs with great acquisitions.
#4. They are reminders of Isiah Thomas' mockery of New York basketball
#5. Both are ball hogs who will not pass even when under pressure
#6. Both are doing well, only because they are on teams which can hide their defensive and offensive weaknesses
#7. Rebuilding is necessary so that the new decade will be prosperous with success and championship wins from the youth we get

Those are reasons why I personally am glad they are long gone from the Knicks franchise.

The truth is...we are about to find out in about a month if it was all worth it or not and if we should have done anything differently. Until then all we can do is wait.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
If it were up to me, I think the Knicks management should have hired a different coach, there is no reason to have hired D'antoni if the only reason to hire him was to bullshyt away 2 seasons. I would have much rathered them picking Patrick Ewing or Mark Jackson, and seeing what they could have done with this staff. Personally, I think the knicks could have, with a GOOD coach, had a much better past 2 seasons.
I personally believe that the Knicks should have gotten rid of at least one of the those 2 contracts, and even though Randolph is a better player, I think Zack should have been that choice, simply because we had a comparable player in David Lee. Though i do believe the Knicks could have received a nice draft pick for Zack.

Whats done is done, and sadly we cannot go back. I do not believe that this core would get anywhere. The knicks have cap space, and they need to get at least one star player in order to try and make this bum d'antoni look good.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We should've dumped Z-Bo for more than just Cuttino Mobley's contract...THAT deal could've been better.

I only have 2 stand out disappointments:

Not signing a center before we signed Barron. Marcin Gortat was available. There was talk of sending Jefferies to Washington, and I think we could have nabbed Haywood in that deal. Barron is still an enormous question mark - ? Could potentially have kept Hill if that trade materialised. That is speculation though.

Playing Puhon at the 1 for so long and benching Douglas until the end of the year. So pointless, frustrating and just plain stupid.

There are a couple of bright sides definitely worth a mention:

Lee's emergence.
Gallo's inspiring (though inconsistent) play and defensive improvement.
Douglas' getting a shot and utilising it.

When considering that only 3-4 players on the Knicks this year had contracts surpassing this season, it's no surprise that the chemistry of the team and another losing record were the result of a campaign doomed by throw away players, a shit PG and the absence of a centre, or at least a defensive presence - no, not Jefferies.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
#1. We needed them traded because their contracts were terrible
#2. We would be in the playoffs, but we would be like the Bulls, not making it far in the East
#3. The money for this offseason's free agency should put the Knicks in the top 6 of the playoffs with great acquisitions.
#4. They are reminders of Isiah Thomas' mockery of New York basketball
#5. Both are ball hogs who will not pass even when under pressure
#6. Both are doing well, only because they are on teams which can hide their defensive and offensive weaknesses
#7. Rebuilding is necessary so that the new decade will be prosperous with success and championship wins from the youth we get

Those are reasons why I personally am glad they are long gone from the Knicks franchise.
co-sign took the words right out of my mouth

Scribbles

Rotation player
Had we played Marbury and he performed average, we could have shipped him out with Jeffries that year because his expiring would have been valuable all while NOT losing Jordan Hill.

The way the Knicks handled the Marbury situation was just stupid. He could have been a key piece to the Knicks future - or at least his expiring contract.

Who knows maybe we could have gotten rid of Curry's contract.

Kiyaman

Legend
The last two years blew our chance in the 2010 FA market.

The players/coaches/fans all disliked Isiah Thomas.
Isiah's actions as a manager/coach were 85% of the reason the Knicks
did not make the playoffs, and had consistent losing seasons.

After two seasons the only people still remaining as Knicks are Herb Williams, Eddy Curry, and Wilson Chandler, the rookie Isiah DNP 3/4 of the season.