Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: State of the Cap: New York Knicks

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Default State of the Cap: New York Knicks

    2010/11 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">New York</st1lace></st1:State> Knicks Payroll: $17.7 million
    2010/11 NBA Salary Cap: $56.1 million
    Roughly: $38.4 million under cap
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<o></o>
    <o></o>
    With about 38.5 mil to spend. I hope we use it wisely.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    The realistic senario that might unfold.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Bosh - 16.5 mil<o></o>
    Gay - 12 mil <o></o>
    Lee - 10 mil<o></o>
    <o></o>
    not sure if lebron comes here, but i think bosh will. if Lebron doesnt, we would have a nice lineup before adding vet min contracts and draft picks. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    secure baron as our first big off the bench<o></o>
    draft a defensive center like varnado or sign sean williams to a min<o></o>
    draft a pure sg with defensive awareness.. llike vasquez ..we really dont have a true one<o></o>
    sign shaun <st1lace w:st="on">livingston</st1lace> or randy foye <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <st1lace w:st="on">douglas</st1lace><o></o>
    gay<o></o>
    gallo<o></o>
    lee<o></o>
    bosh<o></o>
    <o></o>
    chandler, walker, baron<o></o>
    <o></o>
    i hope we dont use curry's contract on a larger long term one like okafor we would have too much commited for the next 4 years and we could use that to resign our own players like gallo, chandler in a couple of years. id only do it if we can secure collinson in the process but id rather get back peja and give NOH cash to sweeten it. doubt it though...<o></o>
    <o></o>
    i would only want to use curry's contract on a player like monta ellis. even if we had to include td or chandler.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    ellis - 11 mil<o></o>
    gay - 12 mil<o></o>
    gallo - 3.3 mil<o></o>
    lee - 10 mil<o></o>
    bosh 16.5<o></o>
    <o></o>
    total 53 mil<o></o>
    <o></o>
    bench<o></o>
    foye - 2 mil<o></o>
    walker - 1 mil<o></o>
    chandler - 2.1 mil<o></o>
    varnado - 800 k<o></o>
    baron - 1.3 mil<o></o>
    vasquez - 800k<o></o>
    <o></o>
    total 8 mil<o></o>
    overal about a 61 million dollar team<o></o>
    i think this is very doable for donnie.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 path=" m@4@5 l@4@11@9@11@9@5 xe" stroked="f" filled="f" o:spt="75" oreferrelative="t" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0 "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0 "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0 "></v:f></v:formulas><vath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></vath><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 15.75pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" id=_x0000_i1025 coordsize="21600,21600" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smokin.gif" src="2010_files/image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Come on Mr. Walsh......<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o> </o>


  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    2010/11 New York Knicks Payroll: $172010/11 New York Knicks Payroll: $17.7
    million
    2010/11 NBA Salary Cap: $56.1 million
    Roughly: $38.4 million under cap
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    With about 38.5 mil to spend. I hope we use it wisely.

    The realistic senario that might unfold.

    Bosh - 16.5 mil
    Gay - 12 mil
    Lee - 10 mil

    not sure if lebron comes here, but i think bosh will. if Lebron doesnt, we
    would have a nice lineup before adding vet min contracts and draft picks.

    secure baron as our first big off the bench
    draft a defensive center like varnado or sign sean williams to a min
    draft a pure sg with defensive awareness.. llike vasquez ..we really
    dont have a true one
    sign shaun livingston or randy foye

    douglas
    gay
    gallo
    lee
    bosh

    chandler, walker, baron

    i hope we dont use curry's contract on a larger long term one like okafor we
    would have too much commited for the next 4 years and we could use that to
    resign our own players like gallo, chandler in a couple of years. id only do it
    if we can secure collinson in the process but id rather get back peja and give
    NOH cash to sweeten it. doubt it though...

    i would only want to use curry's contract on a player like monta ellis. even if
    we had to include td or chandler.

    ellis - 11 mil
    gay - 12 mil
    gallo - 3.3 mil
    lee - 10 mil
    bosh 16.5

    total 53 mil

    bench
    foye - 2 mil
    walker - 1 mil
    chandler - 2.1 mil
    varnado - 800 k
    baron - 1.3 mil
    vasquez - 800k

    total 8 mil
    overal about a 61 million dollar team
    i think this is very doable for donnie.


    Come on Mr. Walsh......

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is a idea only if lebron comes it would work with gay too

    First don't know if this would fly but turkuglo wants a trade so trade him for curry walker chandler

    Resign lee at 10-12 mill
    Then lebron to the max if it's gay 14
    Sign barron for minnimum
    Resign harrington hopefully to 8
    Livingston to minnimum
    Draft
    Vasguez
    Varando
    Phantom players undrafted
    Foote
    Rautins
    Sampson


    Douglas. Livingston vasguez
    Lebron or gay. Rautins vasguez
    Gallo. Turkuglu ( idk how to spell it )
    Lee. Harrington sampson
    Barron. Foote

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by wnyknicksfan
    This is a idea only if lebron comes it would work with gay too

    First don't know if this would fly but turkuglo wants a trade so trade him for curry walker chandler

    Resign lee at 10-12 mill
    Then lebron to the max if it's gay 14
    Sign barron for minnimum
    Resign harrington hopefully to 8
    Livingston to minnimum
    Draft
    Vasguez
    Varando
    Phantom players undrafted
    Foote
    Rautins
    Sampson


    Douglas. Livingston vasguez
    Lebron or gay. Rautins vasguez
    Gallo. Turkuglu ( idk how to spell it )
    Lee. Harrington sampson
    Barron. Foote
    the only question would be is would you rather have lebron and bosh or bosh, lee and gay???

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    All I know is I want lee to stay he should be as good as bosh in the next to years and bosh is injury upon injury

  6. #6
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Thumbs down Wtf?

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    the only question would be is would you rather have lebron and bosh or bosh, lee and gay???
    ****ing hell.....Are you serious? Bosh + Lee = instant clash and no center.

    Monta Ellis is a ball hog and a defensive 'tard.

    Memphis said repeatedly at the close of the season that they'd match any offer to Gay.

  7. #7
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    All I know is these teams you guys are putting together are no better then the teams Isiah put together. if you want to see a winning squad look in my topic.

  8. #8
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    First don't know if this would fly but turkuglo wants a trade so trade him for curry walker chandler

    y would anyone trade for hedo turkoglu and include wilson chandler, hedo is not good enough even for wilson chandler even if it gets rid of currys contract

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default New to the Board

    All,
    I am new to the board, this is my first post, and can't start a new thread yet so I figured I would post this here. I am thinking about buying season tickets. I have an appointment at the Garden tomorrow to view some available seats. My question is....... what are the legitimate chances that the Knicks put a good product on the court next year? Do you all think they have a chance to sign some top free agents? Not a fair weather fan, been there through thick and thin, just don't want to waste money if they are not going to be a playoff caliber team. I know its all speculation at this point but I value anyones real honest feedback here. Thanks

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    All I know is these teams you guys are putting together are no better then the teams Isiah put together. if you want to see a winning squad look in my topic.
    Are you serious??? Isiah put togethwr a squad of old all stars with bad contracts. Four of my player can make the allstar team in 2010. How many all star player did isaih coach or gm the years he was there??? And I'm not talkin about "was once an allstar" I'm talkin about once they came to the nyk.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    ****ing hell.....Are you serious? Bosh + Lee = instant clash and no center.

    Monta Ellis is a ball hog and a defensive 'tard.

    Memphis said repeatedly at the close of the season that they'd match any offer to Gay.
    Neva said I'd prefer lee, bosh and gay versus lebron and bosh. Some people may though. These are teams w/o lebron singing with us.

    Lee and bosh can exist together. Our center would be baron. I would start lee and bosh but I would go to the bench early for baron if we were struggling. But I believe bosh and lee should be good not great defensively in the paint.

    Monta is not the best defender but he better than nash in that department and he gives teams fits on the offensive end. I don't think he is a ball hog if he shoots a high FG percent. Take a look.

    Also, how many teams have you heard say that before. "We r gonna match any offer". ???? Probably every team that has a restricted free agent that is a good player. So do you think if we sign him to 14 or 15 mil a year, memphis would match it??

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    if we don't get anyone good this year we can always do this again next year.

  13. #13
    Member nk11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    that lineup plays 0 defense and bosh and lee cancel eachother out completely. relying on earl f'ing barron to be our defensive stopper is ridiculous.

    4 players in that lineup make an all star team bc they all get 20 shots a game on their CURRENT team. together theyd lose out on possessions and be completely ineffective.

    a bunch of ballhogs forcing shots and lettin n****s score on them all day.

  14. #14
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    Neva said I'd prefer lee, bosh and gay versus lebron and bosh. Some people may though. These are teams w/o lebron singing with us.

    Lee and bosh can exist together. Our center would be baron. I would start lee and bosh but I would go to the bench early for baron if we were struggling. But I believe bosh and lee should be good not great defensively in the paint.

    Monta is not the best defender but he better than nash in that department and he gives teams fits on the offensive end. I don't think he is a ball hog if he shoots a high FG percent. Take a look.

    Also, how many teams have you heard say that before. "We r gonna match any offer". ???? Probably every team that has a restricted free agent that is a good player. So do you think if we sign him to 14 or 15 mil a year, memphis would match it??
    1. We need shot blockers/changers + intimidation. Lee, Bosh & Barron.... Say no more.

    2.Ellis is a 2 guard and shoots 33% from behind the arc. He shoots high % 2pt FGs because he penetrates. Good for him. Why are we comparing him to Nash all of a sudden? Are you saying he's a PG? He's also inconsistent and (apparently) unmotivated. Not a solution for a team that is trying to climb out of a hole that's a decade deep.

    3. Signing Gay to $14-15M is an Isiah Thomas move. If a MAX contract is $16M then............... You get my point.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    1. We need shot blockers/changers + intimidation. Lee, Bosh & Barron.... Say no more.

    2.Ellis is a 2 guard and shoots 33% from behind the arc. He shoots high % 2pt FGs because he penetrates. Good for him. Why are we comparing him to Nash all of a sudden? Are you saying he's a PG? He's also inconsistent and (apparently) unmotivated. Not a solution for a team that is trying to climb out of a hole that's a decade deep.

    3. Signing Gay to $14-15M is an Isiah Thomas move. If a MAX contract is $16M then............... You get my point.
    1) i agree thats why we get baron back and draft varnado or pick up someone like sean williams

    2) elis is a combo and he can penetrate and kick and break down the d. u dont really need a halfcourt pg in d'antoni system.. run and gun. only comparin him to nash on the defensive end. like im about to compare his outside shot to rondo or jayson kid in his prime... doenset have much around him at gstate. doesn't donnie nelson always find a way to have a fall out with all of his player... see harington and stephen jackson and thats just recently. we neva had a problem with harrington a change of scenery would do ellis good. note of wisdom.. if most player dont like you .. it the coach... not the player...remember this is an exchange for mcflurry curry..

    3) 14 mil would be too much for gay.. yes... but you saying memphis will match any offer...let just say they will match any resonable offer.. the owner of the grizzs is well know to be one of the cheapest son of bi!*#$ in the league..i dont think he will match 12 per

Similar Threads

  1. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27
  2. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 08:03
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2008, 14:34
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •