State of the Cap: New York Knicks

moneyg

Starter
2010/11 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New York</st1:place></st1:State> Knicks Payroll: $17.7 million
2010/11 NBA Salary Cap: $56.1 million
Roughly: $38.4 million under cap
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
http://www.nbadraft.net/state-cap-new-york-knicks-0<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
With about 38.5 mil to spend. I hope we use it wisely.<o:p></o:p>
The realistic senario that might unfold.<o:p></o:p>
Bosh - 16.5 mil<o:p></o:p>
Gay - 12 mil <o:p></o:p>
Lee - 10 mil<o:p></o:p>
not sure if lebron comes here, but i think bosh will. if Lebron doesnt, we would have a nice lineup before adding vet min contracts and draft picks. <o:p></o:p>
secure baron as our first big off the bench<o:p></o:p>
draft a defensive center like varnado or sign sean williams to a min<o:p></o:p>
draft a pure sg with defensive awareness.. llike vasquez ..we really dont have a true one<o:p></o:p>
sign shaun <st1:place w:st="on">livingston</st1:place> or randy foye <o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">douglas</st1:place><o:p></o:p>
gay<o:p></o:p>
gallo<o:p></o:p>
lee<o:p></o:p>
bosh<o:p></o:p>
chandler, walker, baron<o:p></o:p>
i hope we dont use curry's contract on a larger long term one like okafor we would have too much commited for the next 4 years and we could use that to resign our own players like gallo, chandler in a couple of years. id only do it if we can secure collinson in the process but id rather get back peja and give NOH cash to sweeten it. doubt it though...<o:p></o:p>
i would only want to use curry's contract on a player like monta ellis. even if we had to include td or chandler.<o:p></o:p>
ellis - 11 mil<o:p></o:p>
gay - 12 mil<o:p></o:p>
gallo - 3.3 mil<o:p></o:p>
lee - 10 mil<o:p></o:p>
bosh 16.5<o:p></o:p>
total 53 mil<o:p></o:p>
bench<o:p></o:p>
foye - 2 mil<o:p></o:p>
walker - 1 mil<o:p></o:p>
chandler - 2.1 mil<o:p></o:p>
varnado - 800 k<o:p></o:p>
baron - 1.3 mil<o:p></o:p>
vasquez - 800k<o:p></o:p>
total 8 mil<o:p></o:p>
overal about a 61 million dollar team<o:p></o:p>
i think this is very doable for donnie.<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 path=" m@4@5 l@4@11@9@11@9@5 xe" stroked="f" filled="f" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0 "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0 "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0 "></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight "></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0 "></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 15.75pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" id=_x0000_i1025 coordsize="21600,21600" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smokin.gif" src="2010_files/image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
Come on Mr. Walsh......<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

moneyg

Starter
2010/11 New York Knicks Payroll: $172010/11 New York Knicks Payroll: $17.7
million
2010/11 NBA Salary Cap: $56.1 million
Roughly: $38.4 million under cap
http://www.nbadraft.net/state-cap-new-york-knicks-0

With about 38.5 mil to spend. I hope we use it wisely.

The realistic senario that might unfold.

Bosh - 16.5 mil
Gay - 12 mil
Lee - 10 mil

not sure if lebron comes here, but i think bosh will. if Lebron doesnt, we
would have a nice lineup before adding vet min contracts and draft picks.

secure baron as our first big off the bench
draft a defensive center like varnado or sign sean williams to a min
draft a pure sg with defensive awareness.. llike vasquez ..we really
dont have a true one
sign shaun livingston or randy foye

douglas
gay
gallo
lee
bosh

chandler, walker, baron

i hope we dont use curry's contract on a larger long term one like okafor we
would have too much commited for the next 4 years and we could use that to
resign our own players like gallo, chandler in a couple of years. id only do it
if we can secure collinson in the process but id rather get back peja and give
NOH cash to sweeten it. doubt it though...

i would only want to use curry's contract on a player like monta ellis. even if
we had to include td or chandler.

ellis - 11 mil
gay - 12 mil
gallo - 3.3 mil
lee - 10 mil
bosh 16.5

total 53 mil

bench
foye - 2 mil
walker - 1 mil
chandler - 2.1 mil
varnado - 800 k
baron - 1.3 mil
vasquez - 800k

total 8 mil
overal about a 61 million dollar team
i think this is very doable for donnie.

Come on Mr. Walsh......

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
This is a idea only if lebron comes it would work with gay too

First don't know if this would fly but turkuglo wants a trade so trade him for curry walker chandler

Resign lee at 10-12 mill
Then lebron to the max if it's gay 14
Sign barron for minnimum
Resign harrington hopefully to 8
Livingston to minnimum
Draft
Vasguez
Varando
Phantom players undrafted
Foote
Rautins
Sampson

Douglas. Livingston vasguez
Lebron or gay. Rautins vasguez
Gallo. Turkuglu ( idk how to spell it )
Lee. Harrington sampson
Barron. Foote

moneyg

Starter
This is a idea only if lebron comes it would work with gay too

First don't know if this would fly but turkuglo wants a trade so trade him for curry walker chandler

Resign lee at 10-12 mill
Then lebron to the max if it's gay 14
Sign barron for minnimum
Resign harrington hopefully to 8
Livingston to minnimum
Draft
Vasguez
Varando
Phantom players undrafted
Foote
Rautins
Sampson

Douglas. Livingston vasguez
Lebron or gay. Rautins vasguez
Gallo. Turkuglu ( idk how to spell it )
Lee. Harrington sampson
Barron. Foote

the only question would be is would you rather have lebron and bosh or bosh, lee and gay???

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wtf?

the only question would be is would you rather have lebron and bosh or bosh, lee and gay???

****ing hell.....Are you serious? Bosh + Lee = instant clash and no center.

Monta Ellis is a ball hog and a defensive 'tard.

Memphis said repeatedly at the close of the season that they'd match any offer to Gay.

All I know is these teams you guys are putting together are no better then the teams Isiah put together. if you want to see a winning squad look in my topic.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

y would anyone trade for hedo turkoglu and include wilson chandler, hedo is not good enough even for wilson chandler even if it gets rid of currys contract

New to the Board

All,
I am new to the board, this is my first post, and can't start a new thread yet so I figured I would post this here. I am thinking about buying season tickets. I have an appointment at the Garden tomorrow to view some available seats. My question is....... what are the legitimate chances that the Knicks put a good product on the court next year? Do you all think they have a chance to sign some top free agents? Not a fair weather fan, been there through thick and thin, just don't want to waste money if they are not going to be a playoff caliber team. I know its all speculation at this point but I value anyones real honest feedback here. Thanks

moneyg

Starter
All I know is these teams you guys are putting together are no better then the teams Isiah put together. if you want to see a winning squad look in my topic.

Are you serious??? Isiah put togethwr a squad of old all stars with bad contracts. Four of my player can make the allstar team in 2010. How many all star player did isaih coach or gm the years he was there??? And I'm not talkin about "was once an allstar" I'm talkin about once they came to the nyk.

moneyg

Starter
****ing hell.....Are you serious? Bosh + Lee = instant clash and no center.

Monta Ellis is a ball hog and a defensive 'tard.

Memphis said repeatedly at the close of the season that they'd match any offer to Gay.

Neva said I'd prefer lee, bosh and gay versus lebron and bosh. Some people may though. These are teams w/o lebron singing with us.

Lee and bosh can exist together. Our center would be baron. I would start lee and bosh but I would go to the bench early for baron if we were struggling. But I believe bosh and lee should be good not great defensively in the paint.

Monta is not the best defender but he better than nash in that department and he gives teams fits on the offensive end. I don't think he is a ball hog if he shoots a high FG percent. Take a look.

Also, how many teams have you heard say that before. "We r gonna match any offer". ???? Probably every team that has a restricted free agent that is a good player. So do you think if we sign him to 14 or 15 mil a year, memphis would match it??

nk11

Benchwarmer
that lineup plays 0 defense and bosh and lee cancel eachother out completely. relying on earl f'ing barron to be our defensive stopper is ridiculous.

4 players in that lineup make an all star team bc they all get 20 shots a game on their CURRENT team. together theyd lose out on possessions and be completely ineffective.

a bunch of ballhogs forcing shots and lettin n****s score on them all day.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Neva said I'd prefer lee, bosh and gay versus lebron and bosh. Some people may though. These are teams w/o lebron singing with us.

Lee and bosh can exist together. Our center would be baron. I would start lee and bosh but I would go to the bench early for baron if we were struggling. But I believe bosh and lee should be good not great defensively in the paint.

Monta is not the best defender but he better than nash in that department and he gives teams fits on the offensive end. I don't think he is a ball hog if he shoots a high FG percent. Take a look.

Also, how many teams have you heard say that before. "We r gonna match any offer". ???? Probably every team that has a restricted free agent that is a good player. So do you think if we sign him to 14 or 15 mil a year, memphis would match it??

1. We need shot blockers/changers + intimidation. Lee, Bosh & Barron.... Say no more.

2.Ellis is a 2 guard and shoots 33% from behind the arc. He shoots high % 2pt FGs because he penetrates. Good for him. Why are we comparing him to Nash all of a sudden? Are you saying he's a PG? He's also inconsistent and (apparently) unmotivated. Not a solution for a team that is trying to climb out of a hole that's a decade deep.

3. Signing Gay to $14-15M is an Isiah Thomas move. If a MAX contract is $16M then............... You get my point.

moneyg

Starter
1. We need shot blockers/changers + intimidation. Lee, Bosh & Barron.... Say no more.

2.Ellis is a 2 guard and shoots 33% from behind the arc. He shoots high % 2pt FGs because he penetrates. Good for him. Why are we comparing him to Nash all of a sudden? Are you saying he's a PG? He's also inconsistent and (apparently) unmotivated. Not a solution for a team that is trying to climb out of a hole that's a decade deep.

3. Signing Gay to $14-15M is an Isiah Thomas move. If a MAX contract is $16M then............... You get my point.

1) i agree thats why we get baron back and draft varnado or pick up someone like sean williams

2) elis is a combo and he can penetrate and kick and break down the d. u dont really need a halfcourt pg in d'antoni system.. run and gun. only comparin him to nash on the defensive end. like im about to compare his outside shot to rondo or jayson kid in his prime... doenset have much around him at gstate. doesn't donnie nelson always find a way to have a fall out with all of his player... see harington and stephen jackson and thats just recently. we neva had a problem with harrington a change of scenery would do ellis good. :update: note of wisdom.. if most player dont like you .. it the coach... not the player...remember this is an exchange for mcflurry curry..

3) 14 mil would be too much for gay.. yes... but you saying memphis will match any offer...let just say they will match any resonable offer.. the owner of the grizzs is well know to be one of the cheapest son of bi!*#$ in the league..i dont think he will match 12 per:smokin:

moneyg

Starter
that lineup plays 0 defense and bosh and lee cancel eachother out completely. relying on earl f'ing barron to be our defensive stopper is ridiculous.

4 players in that lineup make an all star team bc they all get 20 shots a game on their CURRENT team. together theyd lose out on possessions and be completely ineffective.

a bunch of ballhogs forcing shots and lettin n****s score on them all day.

all stars .....garnet. ray allen. pierce. (rondo) ....all did not shot 20 shots per game

jamier.. howard..lewis..(carter)

nk11

Benchwarmer
all stars .....garnet. ray allen. pierce. (rondo) ....all did not shot 20 shots per game

jamier.. howard..lewis..(carter)

not a bad point but guys like garnett/allen/pierce/carter/lewis have all had PERSONAL success and been high volume shooters on other (unsuccessful) teams in the past. theyre at completely different points in their careers theyre in the twilight looking for championships not scoring titles...

and all the players you mentioned here are decent to amazing defenders.

moneyg

Starter
id take my chances with ellis, gay, lee, bosh and (gallo or chandler).. i thinks its a nice line up...we just need tom tibiou from boston as our defensive coach....LOL....

i think every palyer in the league.. including lebron.. would rather have monta at the 1 than mo (i'll show up once in a while) williams:smokin: