Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What PG's would you take over Marbury

ok i wouldent take any one over marbury at all and the only guy that would come close is kidd and he is injured so why would you want him and as for mike bibby hes a boot leg jason kidd and steve nash lol that i have to say

btw marbury is a better shooter than mike bibby

First of all I'm sure Jason Kidd's injury isnt serious at all, and also Marbury is not a better shooter than Bibby. Marbury didnt even shoot 40%, while Bibby is closer to 50%.

Originally Posted by commonse
    I think Marbury is the best point guard in the leage right now
    If Marbury is the best Point Gaurd in the league how come he didnt make the all star team? because he hasnt shown anything in the playoffs. I love Marbury hes a great PG but I would never say he is the top PG in the league. Jason Kidd is better than Marbury although I hate Jason Kidd. Baron Davis was the MVP of the league for the first half of the year. Marbury is definitly not the best PG in the league. I would say he would be third behind Jason Kidd, and Baron Davis. Jason Kidd has also said that Bibby is a better PG than Marbury.

Marbury is the best thing that happend in New York in a while but I feel he has been a bit overrated. I expected him to shine in the playoffs. But in the 2nd halfs of the 4 games against the nets he only had 12 points. I'm not trying to tear Marbury apart I think he still has some room to improve.

Originally Posted by kevin
    Originally Posted by commonse
    I think Marbury is the best point guard in the leage right now
    I think he still has some room to improve.
    I agree wit these last words. yeah what he showed in the playoffs it wasnt what he really could.

and honestly... how could he got better? NO Houston, no Tim Thomas. nobody could help him! Penny is not shining than before, Shandon was a 0.0, Kurt Thomas shot low percent, no one who really can shoot the ball or finish anything!

I would change Kidd & Steph for this first round & look if Jason could do better or even Baron Davis.
    And Baron wasnt so good in this playoffs either. and dont look just this year's statistics in connection with him. Just compare Stephon & Baron whole carreer statistics. so what?

man..

Baron had back spasms throughout the whole playoffs so you cant really compare them.

Why do some people want to get rid of Marbury. He is a great PG. I think he is the best scoring PG in the league and he is getting a lot better at passing. This was his best season when it came to assists. He is a top PG. I wouldn't want any PG over him, except maybe Kidd, but Marbury is a better scorer and is a better clutch player.

First of all I'm sure Jason Kidd's injury isnt serious at all
    thats why he made not shots in game 7 is had 0 points if he was fully healthy i think the nets would have had a better chance

and mike bibby isent good he cant shoot or pass and marbury can do both the only reason mike bibby looks like hes good because he has a good team behind him

Originally Posted by kevin
    Baron had back spasms throughout the whole playoffs so you cant really compare them.
    I knew youre gonna say this...

... and last years playoffs Stephon was injured but they could won 2 games against the champions Spurs..

but I'm not gonna argue wit you anymore... lets just see how he will play in the USA team and in the next seasons.. & after we will talk about it dude..

and mike bibby isent good he cant shoot or pass and marbury can do both the only reason mike bibby looks like hes good because he has a good team behind him
    i agree.. with shooters like Peja, Peeler and sometimes Christie, he has an easier time getting assists.. and with bigs like CWebb, Miller and Vlade, he can get open shots from their picks..

exactly the shooters around bibby make him good ever think eles hes not that good maybe as a back up PG i think mike bibby is very over RATED!!

i wouldnt take any1 over marbury becuz i think he is the #1 pg for this team overall

the knicks need to build around marbury so he can be come more of a player if you have good players like the nets tmarbury will be better