A Crazy, but Interesting Scenario

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Granted Bosh signs with the Knicks straight up, what if Lee wants to go to Orlando? Word is Orlando is looking for a true PF to move Lewis to the SF and put a more conventional team out on the floor.

So...

What if we were to maneuver a sign and trade for Gortat and Reddick in return for Lee at 10-12 mil? We would be getting our defensive center, who isn't entirely inept offensively, and we would get a shooter/decision maker in J.J. who is a perfect cog for D'Antoni's system.

I'm not exactly a proponent of this trade, just an interesting thought I had.

While discussing this scenario, why are people opposed to putting LeBron at PG? Personally, I believe he has a similar skill set to Magic Johnson, and would be a perfect fit at the point for a D'Antoni team.

We would have a team looking like:

PG-LeBron/Douglas
SG-JJ Reddick/Walker
SF-Gallo/Chandler
PF-Bosh/2nd round pick
C- Gortat/Barron

Thoughts?

iSaYughh

Starter
Sounds good. I wanted Gortat last year. But I'm not sure how we afford Gortat + the Bosh/Bron tandem without unloading The Flurry(?)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Granted Bosh signs with the Knicks straight up, what if Lee wants to go to Orlando? Word is Orlando is looking for a true PF to move Lewis to the SF and put a more conventional team out on the floor.

So...

What if we were to maneuver a sign and trade for Gortat and Reddick in return for Lee at 10-12 mil? We would be getting our defensive center, who isn't entirely inept offensively, and we would get a shooter/decision maker in J.J. who is a perfect cog for D'Antoni's system.

I'm not exactly a proponent of this trade, just an interesting thought I had.

While discussing this scenario, why are people opposed to putting LeBron at PG? Personally, I believe he has a similar skill set to Magic Johnson, and would be a perfect fit at the point for a D'Antoni team.

We would have a team looking like:

PG-LeBron/Douglas
SG-JJ Reddick/Walker
SF-Gallo/Chandler
PF-Bosh/2nd round pick
C- Gortat/Barron

Thoughts?

That's odd? I just read a post in which you said you were sick of the monotony of Lebron hopefuls, and here he is running the point on your "(day)dream team".

With a combined salary of $10.5M+, Gortat and Reddick's salaries equate to the expected anual amount David Lee will make (plus yearly increments) in his next contract. Haven't we established an understanding here on ko.com that - we can't afford Lee + 2 Max FAs?

And yes, Lebron does have a similar arsenal to Johnson, but is a far better scorer. Top 3 in the league. So considering that he dominates the ball so much as the NBA's best player, why would you take his defensive versatility away from the basket only to create a mismatch for Reddick on defence AND take the league's best fast break finisher (possibly ever) away from the wing? Never mind taking him further from the basket as an elite rebounder.

He'd be a great PG, but considering that, why's he been the league MVP at SF 2 years running? Because that's what he does best. The SF position demands versatility, and as the most versatile player in the league, there's no one better to play it, and no one worse to relinquish it from.

That's what I'm sayin'.