Lebron`s CNN`s interview about his future: Cleveland has advantage :(

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Lebron James was siting down yesterday morning with CNN`s Larry King.

Obviously he is not stupid to say I made my decision one month in advance, but looks like he will resign with Cleveland....:(

And if he does, Donnie Walsh you better do something else...

We just gotta learn how to draft...thats the most fundamental thing of a rebuilding team :)

So the hopes of signing LBJ this summer are dying.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/06/01/larry-and-the-king/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Last edited:

Scribbles

Rotation player
He pretty much said everything he HAD to say to leave CLE on good terms and make it look like he gave the Cavs organization every chance towards resigning him.

LeBron is going to be a Knick. :gony:

dave2138

Rotation player
That's really all it takes for you to give up your Lebron hopes? Of course Cleveland has an edge because he's played there for the past 7 years and its comfortable. That's the only reason Cleveland is in the discussion because its comfortable.

Had Memphis won the lottery back in 2003, and Lebron played there the past 7 years, he would say exactly the same thing. Your current team is always the more comfortable place to choose. I don't buy into "I grew up in Cleveland, so I want to player there forever."

It will come down to which team he has a better chance to win. NY with Bosh, Chicago with Rose, or Cleveland with Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison.

Based on that, NY is the overwhelming front runners to get Lebron/Bosh I think. Cleveland has a chance, but I think it would surprise a lot of people. Chicago will be competition, but that's why it matters so much with what else we do with cap space to build a more attractive team than Chicago.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
i just wished july is here to get this over with .... lebron teases too much ... he even said on cnn that clippers have a good team ... and with a free agent they will be much better ..... if everything fails build around GALLO ..... and donnie stated no1 besides lebron , wade , bosh are gettin MAX money

i just wished july is here to get this over with .... lebron teases too much ... he even said on cnn that clippers have a good team ... and with a free agent they will be much better ..... if everything fails build around GALLO ..... and donnie stated no1 besides lebron , wade , bosh are gettin MAX money

I'm Glad Donnie said that, gives me much more confidence just knowing that we won't be putting ourselves in to salary cap hell just to sign Joe Johnson for 5 years or something lol.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
I'm Glad Donnie said that, gives me much more confidence just knowing that we won't be putting ourselves in to salary cap hell just to sign Joe Johnson for 5 years or something lol.

yea donnie so far pretty good ... he said he's confident that 1 or 2 free agents are coming ... and i do believe him ... but yea a guy like amare , joe , boozer dont deserve max money but other teams will give it to them ... ill rather have LEE a guy that improves every year and that adds another element to his game every year

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The way I see it, his statements in the CNN interview pretty much mean he's not staying in Cleveland.

LeBron has had so many chances to say "I'm staying in Cleveland because this is my home and I want to bring the city its first title since the 60's".

He hasn't. He could've signed a maximum contract extension, but instead signed one with an opt out clause for 2010. He could've said after the playoffs this year "I want to stay here, I want our team to win and I want this organization to bring glory back to our city." but he didn't, instead talking about "my team" (ie his business team and his agents).

If Cleveland really had an edge to sign him he would've said something much more clear than that. He's yet to, and I think it's much like one ESPN analyst said when he said that LeBron sounds like a dad telling his kids he'll always love them even after the divorce.

XH20X

Rookie
i don't think this means anything, i heard on the radio that he said that just to ease the minds of the cleveland fans since he still has to spend the next 30 days in cleveland plus he is still unofficially a cav. Cavaliers do have an advantage by having the ability to give him the most money but thats about it hes not going to win anything staying in cleveland so he is definitely leaving. I do think Lebron has the most chance of landing in NY because of the 2 max FA thing. If he really wants to win, i think NY is a no brainer.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
if lebron does leave to da knicks , bulls ect half of the cleveland fans will follow him and support him where he ends up ... the other half will just hate him plain and simple ... he shouldn't care about what those fans think of him .. he should think about what is best for his family and himself ... he has stated he wants to be a billionare .. a global icon, he can make that happen here in NY soon as he holds that knick jersey ... he wins a ring here he wont have a lebron poster on MSG he will have won of those monuments jordan has in chicago

Paul1355

All Star
He pretty much said everything he HAD to say to leave CLE on good terms and make it look like he gave the Cavs organization every chance towards resigning him.

LeBron is going to be a Knick. :gony:
agreed...people honestly think he is staying because he says they have an edge???

What if he said they dont have an edge? Every news outlet would be talking Heat, Knicks, Clippers, T Wolves whatever they would say that there is no chance he'd be in cleaveland because of a half-azz quote.

He is trying to ease the pain when he sign somewhere else.