New Danilo Gallinari MY TOWN video on youtube

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Dope vid...loved what he said about being 100% Knicks and tattooing it on his heart.

P.S. You don't realize how effin tall dude really is untill you see him walking with us mere mortals. The fact that he has such a fluid game being that tall and young bods well for his future.

Dope vid...loved what he said about being 100% Knicks and tattooing it on his heart.

P.S. You don't realize how effin tall dude really is untill you see him walking with us mere mortals. The fact that he has such a fluid game being that tall and young bods well for his future.
Yeah when I met him I wasnt expecting him to be that tall. He was like some kind of magestic Basketball god. and im saying that in a completely non gay way.

Scribbles

Rotation player
I was just there yesterday.

LMAO @ taking a ride from the Empire State Building to MSG though, its only like 3 blocks...

Gallo stuntin'.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Hence why we have the Dirk Nowitzki comparisons...cause he's pretty much as tall as Dirk and also has outside shooting.

We'll see how the rest plays out.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Completely different from Dirk.
If you divide basketball players into two categories: who plays "inside" (under the table) and who plays outside (far from the basket), Dirk would go in the first ones, Gallo in the second category. This is a natural approach and I think it's very difficult to change it.
I think Gallo is more similar to Toni Kukoc.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
You really think Dirk doesn't play outside?

What with all of those 3's he jacks?

Incredible shooting and ball treatment, no doubt about it (pay attention that I'm italian and I'm speaking well of a German guy :D), but he starts from the center (his natural position) and go outside for shooting.
For Danilo is natural to start outside, he doesn't have the weight (not in physical sense), sense of position and the habit for playing under the table (much more physical basket, fighting).
Dirk is a number 4 but he can play number 5, Danilo is a number 3 and he can't play number 4, maybe number 2, because he doesn't have the right movements when he has the basket on his back (Dirk is great in those situations).
Maybe I'm wrong, but the difference from a "long" (it's how here we call number 4-5) and an "outside" (number 2-3) doesn't only depend on the height.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Completely different from Dirk.
If you divide basketball players into two categories: who plays "inside" (under the table) and who plays outside (far from the basket), Dirk would go in the first ones, Gallo in the second category. This is a natural approach and I think it's very difficult to change it.
I think Gallo is more similar to Toni Kukoc.

the comparisons are to a young dirk, nowadays dirk stays down low and very rarely shoots the 3ball but when he first came to the league he didnt ever go in the paint, gallo is actually better then dirk was at this stage in his career, especially defensely and in terms of being aggresive

When comparing the two players you have to compare them at a similar place in their careers, and at that point the comparisons are very valid. Gallo was still very young when he came over here from Italy and I don't think he ever really developed a post game over there. As he puts on some weight and gets stronger he will begin to feel more comfortable playing down low, and with his shooting touch and ability to draw fouls, I think in 5 years he could be almost as good as Dirk was/has been in his prime.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Yeah, good point.
I'm not so sure that Gallo could (or would) play down low as Dirk done, but you're right on the comparison at the same career point.
I hope to see an italian guy at the all star game in the near future. :crossfingers: