New News, Parker Bosh Johnson ? or Parker Bosh Gay. Seems to be the likely roster

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
best news i heard in weeks, yea sure i'd like to sign James, but i dont want us waiting around to see what his move is gonna be for all we know he's going to tour every team that wants him before signing so that could take weeks. and the parker deal is perfect i've liked parker for a long time( no homo) and now that he could come to the knicks is perfect making Douglas our 6th man where he could do some serious damage.

second after watching STAT this postseason i realized he may not play defense that well but he's a force when he has the ball he single handedly won a game for the suns vs the lakers. and i was marveled at that. But if were getting boozer i'd pass never liked him much and he's always injured.

last for our wing player i like Johnson but i'd perfer gay cause he's young and he's almost at the same level. and Gay has the potential to be great.

point is i like the knicks aggressiveness to not wait for next offseason moves need to be made ASAP and walsh realizes that.

Parker, Bosh-or-Lee, and Lebron,Johnson, gay, Wade anyone of those

**also i'd like us to pursue a trade for any defensive C loll Okafor will do just his contract is shit hahah

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I like Parker but is he really worth David Lee?

That is probably the only way we can get Parker. Through a sign-and-trade of Lee. We don't have anything else to offer.

*Edit* How can we afford Parker, Johnson and Bosh? There isn't enough cap space.

dave2138

Rotation player
The addition of Parker would put our payroll at around 32 mil leaving us with roughly 25 mil to spend elsewhere.

So that would mean they could still sign 1 max + an 8 mil contract.

Bosh + Haywood?

Parker
Walker
Gallinari
Bosh
Haywood

Douglas
Chandler
Barron
2 2nd round picks

I'm in that group though that is overly optimistic that Lebron will come to NY. I don't see anyway he agrees to play in Newark for 2 years or that he chooses to play with Derek Rose in Chicago over Chris Bosh in NY.

If this is the back up plan, it makes sense. They have to make a move that will attract a max FA to come here. Parker will do that more so than Lee will.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
parker/ douglas
johnson / walker
danilo /
bosh /
? / barron

i will be happy with that lineup .. plus let curry expire we would have enough to sign some1
plus douglas will learn alot from parker .

Why not save a lot of $$$ and field a good team like.....

Collison/TD
A.Morrow/TD/Walker
Gallo/Walker
Lee/Draft
Okafor/Barron/Draft

1.We get Collison and Okafor for Curry and Chandler
2.We sign A,Morrow for like 5-6 mill
3.We get Lee for 9-10 starting
4.We sign Earl Barron cheap (3-4 million)

We save a boat load of $$$ have a good team and room and $$$ to grow for the future. Just my 2 cents.

dave2138

Rotation player
I doubt New Orleans would trade Okafor for Curry/Chandler, definitely not for Collison.

Also that idea is terrible just because you trade Randolph, Crawford, Hill, 2012 1st round, swap of 2011 1st round just so the Knicks could have an opportunity in this FA market. There is no way the Knicks are going into next season without 2 max FA or 1 max FA + 2 8-10 mil/year players. That should be a given.

dave2138

Rotation player
parker/ douglas
johnson / walker
danilo /
bosh /
? / barron

i will be happy with that lineup .. plus let curry expire we would have enough to sign some1
plus douglas will learn alot from parker .

Not possible, some team will give Joe Johnson a max contract or close to it. Knicks aren't going to get him at a discount.

rw005

Benchwarmer
Why not save a lot of $$$ and field a good team like.....

Collison/TD
A.Morrow/TD/Walker
Gallo/Walker
Lee/Draft
Okafor/Barron/Draft

1.We get Collison and Okafor for Curry and Chandler
2.We sign A,Morrow for like 5-6 mill
3.We get Lee for 9-10 starting
4.We sign Earl Barron cheap (3-4 million)

We save a boat load of $$$ have a good team and room and $$$ to grow for the future. Just my 2 cents.

I'm down with that! Barron and Okafor would be a perfect tandem at the Center position, it would really help with the rebounding and defense and I want to keep Bill Walker since I loved his performance last season

but this would be perfect :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
The team does not appear to have any intention of waiting another season to make dramatic improvements to the roster. With or without James on board, Donnie Walsh and his staff are preparing to enact an aggressive plan to build a contender this summer.

This is the only interesting part in the article.
After the two tank seasons, plus giving up 3 (early) first round picks.....
Walsh better do something bigger than big this offseason

That team would barely make the playoffs.

so you are saying a team with three perrenial all stars,
plus two highly gift role players to fill out the rest of the line up doesnt make the playoffs in the eastern conference.

what the F are you talking about, can please some one chime in and tell me where I can get whatever italian is smoking ?

CoolClyde

Parker, Gay (no homo)

Fact: Knicks need a true PG to make D'amntoni's offense work. Parker fills that role, the only premiere point guard in the league the Knicks have a chance at getting. Go for it, DW.

Fact: Knicks need a real C. whatever it takes, Knicks have got to make that happen. Someone who can block shots. Look at the teams in the finals, they've got two 7-footers in the game at all times. This game is about big men in the middle. Post up and block. A'm'a're Stat can be that man, especially with Parker getting him the ball.

This is, of course, backup plan if El BJ goes to Chi-town or Miami Beach- Wade County

If Knicks can pull off Chandler/Curry for Collison/Okafor, that would net us our 2 needs in one fell swoop, with $$ left over for max F.A and resigning DLEE. I say it's a WAY outside shot at happening, but if it does, more power to Donnie.

Rudy Gay > Joe Johnson. Younger, more athletic, more upside. If either one's going to get max, get Gay (no homo), and invest in the future.

Just what NYC needs, another Gay man....
cheers to all you homos!
:beer:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I like Parker but is he really worth David Lee?

That is probably the only way we can get Parker. Through a sign-and-trade of Lee. We don't have anything else to offer.

*Edit* How can we afford Parker, Johnson and Bosh? There isn't enough cap space.

They might take on Curry with the lockout looming? Wishful thinking as always.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
They might take on Curry with the lockout looming? Wishful thinking as always.

I don't get it. Why would they take Curry for Parker?

Curry's contract and Parker's contract are both expiring. I would think the Spurs could get a lot more for Parker than Curry.

The Spurs don't really have any unwanted long-term contracts that we could take off their hands in return for Parker.

The only way we get Parker is if we sign-and-trade Lee. I suppose we could sign-and-trade Harrington but I doubt it.

So, is Lee worth Parker?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think everyone is missing a player that would be awesome for this team and Mike's system; Dirk Nowitzki!
I think we could get Parker for less than Lee; maybe Chandler and Curry's expiring contract would get Parker. But, I would trade Lee for him as long as I can get a pick or 2 from SA as well. When you trade a small for a big, you have to sweeten the pot and Walsh is not Isiah so SA will not rake him over the coals.
I would try to save Lee for a sign and trade for Dirk Nowitzki or sign him outright. It looks like he is opting out of his contract and I think he might be done with Dallas. He would be a tremendous addition to the Knicks, a great mentor for Danilo Gallinari and with both of those guys on the floor; they would spread the defense out so thin! Not to mention he would match up great against Gasol!! Use Curry's expiring contract (if not used for a prior trade)for Okafor... Might have to include a protected #1 pick as well but if it is top 15/10 protected, I am all for it.

Okafor/Nowitzki/???
Nowitzki/Gallinari
Gay/Gallinari/Walker
Chandler/Walker
Parker/Douglas

That lineup can take us far into the playoffs and the size to match LA if we do get to the finals. Gay and Chandler on the court at the same time give us 2 very athletic middle men that can create their own shot and dish. With Dirk and Gallinari on the floor at the same time you would have the 4/3 or 5/4 raining down 3's and long 2's causing either a mismatch with the 3 and 2 trying to guard them or forcing the opponents bigs out to the perimeter. This is the stuff Mike D "wacks off" too when thinking of possible lineups! He loves versitile players, especially big men that can step out! Nowitzki and Gallinari would be awesome together! Not to mention they both are fundamentally sound (a rarity these days).

I think LaBron stays with the Cavs and look for the Cavs to pull off a blockbuster trade with Toronto for Chris Bosh; Jamison/Williams/West for Bosh/Calderon or at the very least Jamison and another filler contract for Bosh... Watch and see!!

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
I think everyone is missing a player that would be awesome for this team and Mike's system; Dirk Nowitzki!
I think we could get Parker for less than Lee; maybe Chandler and Curry's expiring contract would get Parker. But, I would trade Lee for him as long as I can get a pick or 2 from SA as well. When you trade a small for a big, you have to sweeten the pot and Walsh is not Isiah so SA will not rake him over the coals.
I would try to save Lee for a sign and trade for Dirk Nowitzki or sign him outright. It looks like he is opting out of his contract and I think he might be done with Dallas. He would be a tremendous addition to the Knicks, a great mentor for Danilo Gallinari and with both of those guys on the floor; they would spread the defense out so thin! Not to mention he would match up great against Gasol!! Use Curry's expiring contract (if not used for a prior trade)for Okafor... Might have to include a protected #1 pick as well but if it is top 15/10 protected, I am all for it. If not doable then sign Haywood but I would rather have Okafor.

Okafor or Haywood/Nowitzki/???
Nowitzki/Gallinari
Gay/Gallinari/Walker
Chandler/Walker
Parker/Douglas

That lineup can take us far into the playoffs and the size to match LA if we do get to the finals. Gay and Chandler on the court at the same time give us 2 very athletic middle men that can create their own shot and dish. With Dirk and Gallinari on the floor at the same time you would have the 4/3 or 5/4 raining down 3's and long 2's causing either a mismatch with the 3 and 2 trying to guard them or forcing the opponents bigs out to the perimeter. This is the stuff Mike D "wacks off" too when thinking of possible lineups! He loves versitile players, especially big men that can step out! Nowitzki and Gallinari would be awesome together! Not to mention they both are fundamentally sound (a rarity these days).

I think LaBron stays with the Cavs and look for the Cavs to pull off a blockbuster trade with Toronto for Chris Bosh; Jamison/Williams/West for Bosh/Calderon or at the very least Jamison and another filler contract for Bosh... Watch and see!!

While i'm not sure any of the things you said are possible with the cap and things like that. I am intrigured by a core lineup that includes, Parker, Chandler, Gallo, Dirk, and Okafur... Probably not a championship team but an exciting team that could do a few things. Especially with Walker, and TD on the bench. (that core is similar to the magic of last year that had a ton of big guys who could shoot it and spread the floor)

That of course is plan B. Plan A is and needs to be get Lebron by any means necessary.

Paul1355

All Star
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...s_target_tony_parker_will_not_wait_till_2011/

Parker
Johnson
Chandler
Gallo
Bosh

?

or

Parker
Gay
Chandler
Gallo
Bosh

This seems to be what the knicks are pushing for if LBJ dosnt sign with us.
The more days go on the more I feel Lebron won't sign with us.

We can get Bosh for Lee and sign Gay but Parker won't happen.

We need a trade piece for Parker and that would have to be David Lee, so would you rather have Chris Bosh or Parker for Lee? I would have Parker.