Who misses Robinson?

Starks

Starter
I don't. To me the Knicks are about to totally change the composition of the team and cleanse the franchise of the Thomas era. Nate's just a relic from a era that was the worst in the franchise history.

He's nothing but a gun for hire, and a mascot to help market a team to children.

What I want the Knicks to do is a basketball/front office equivalent of like an ethnic cleansing. Aside from Gallo and maybe Walker, I'm hoping this entire franchise is destroyed so we can start anew.

I don't. To me the Knicks are about to totally change the composition of the team and cleanse the franchise of the Thomas era. Nate's just a relic from a era that was the worst in the franchise history.

He's nothing but a gun for hire, and a mascot to help market a team to children.

What I want the Knicks to do is a basketball/front office equivalent of like an ethnic cleansing. Aside from Gallo and maybe Walker, I'm hoping this entire franchise is destroyed so we can start anew.

and Lee and Tony Douglas??? Don't see how there a problem for us or any other team reguardless of who drafted them?

Kiyaman

Legend
Here we go again.
What I missed about Nate Robinson was his turnover ratio throughout the 2008-9 season decrease to 2 turnovers per 30 minutes. And that is great when u dont have any 20 point scorers in the rotation.

After the Patrick Ewing era.....
First with Layden cleaning the team,
second Isiah cleaning the team,
third Walsh cleaning the team.
The Knicks gave Walsh some great cheap $$$ role-players to build with.
PG-6.6 Mardy Collins (defense)
PG-5.7 Nate Robinson (energy + energy)
SF-6.8 Renaldo Balkman (rebounding/defense)
SF-6.8 Wilson Chandler (offense/defense)
PF-6.9 David Lee (double-double)
The 5 players above shouldve been apart of the 2010-11 season 15 man roster.

The things that were never done to help the Knicks:
Headcoach JVG needed an offensive assistant coach to match his great defensive master mind.
Herb Williams shouldve gotten his chance to be an interim headcoach within the previous 6 season.
The Knicks coaching-staff been in dire need of 2 to 3 extra coaches on their coaching-staff the previous decade to develope a longer rotation of players to use on offense/defense.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i like robinson and everything and every other games it seems he has an "oh shit!" moment whether its a block dunk or nice play, and most other times he makes you pull your hair out but like starks said he's just a player that reminds us of the worst era of our franchises history and he was nowhere near the player that lee was. he was for show and players like those come and go and dont really help a franchise. dont get me wrong i like the dude but he needed to go, i remain a fan and follow him but wont be missed much.

as for lee he probably is a goner and if we cant get Bosh or Amar'e( yes, i want them over lee ) then bring em back i like the dude(no homo)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nate dazzled me with his athleticism and scoring ability some nights. Such as when he crapped all over the Hawks this year scoring 41 points on 18-24 shooting.

And what happened the next game? 6 points, 2-11 shooting.

That was Nate Robinson's career here in a nutshell.

tiger0330

Legend
He was a fan favorite so I do miss him for that. He was the hero of everyone less than 6' feet tall that dreams of playing in the NBA.

He may be back because he loves NY and I don't think N8 is happy in Boston because playing behind Rondo means even less minutes than playing behind Duhon. And I think he's picked up a thing or two about defense playing on that Celtics team.

Kiyaman

Legend

Commenting on worst franchise history ......
I guess u dont recall the era in the mid to late 70's before we drafted Bill Cartwright in 1979. now that was a 5 yr era of open cheap seats in every section of MSG. The ABA Nets Felt Forum was packed.
The Bernard King era & Marbury era were the standing room era in MSG where they raised their price on seats three times in those two players short time as Knicks, when compared to Ewing 1985 to 1999 era of the price going up twice (during Pat Riley & JVG).

During the Isiah era it was Management and Coach that was 80% of the problem.
During Walsh 2 years it was Management and Coach being 90% of the problem by putting all their eggs in one basket to run at a 2010-Plan (tanking two seasons).

Starks.....name me one contract of Isiah's players that wouldve existed after the 2010-11 season?
now think of the contracts of the Isiah's players that wouldve existed in the 2010-11 season?
and the best coach available to showcase those (5) players in one season (2008-9 season)?
Hint: Headcoach Herb Williams, assistant coach Patrick Ewing, Mark Aquire, wouldve had no problems making the playoffs while showcasing certain players in their rotation
SG-Crawford (scorer)
SF-Jefferies (defender)
SF-Chandler (the star winning player)
PF-Zbo (20-10)
C-Curry (scorer)

rw005

Benchwarmer
I liked Nate on account of his motivation and energy he always brings, yeah sometimes I miss him, he's like a cheaper Kirk Hinrich, I will only bring him back as a 7-9 man but nothing more :afro::2cents:

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Nate Robinson Taking Shots At Knicks Again

In a recent interview with AOL Fanhouse, former Knick Nate Robinson took shots at his former team once again, but this time dragging David Lee into this as well.
Now let us dive into the highlights of the interview.
?I?m here now and David, this summer time, he?s looking forward to playing on a team that would want him hopefully,? Robinson told the website.
I guess I missed where Walsh made it clear he didn?t want to bring Lee back? Walsh has always had nothing but positive things to say towards Lee. The issue has always been whether or not we?d be able to afford him this summer, and that is still in question. Lee is an outstanding role player, but he?s not a max contract player. Last offseason I think opened his eyes into his value in the open market, which is why I think he?ll end up staying for a reasonable price so he can finally play with a good cast.
?I wish the best for D. Lee. Me and him came (to New York) as late first-round picks (Robinson going No. 21 and Lee No. 30 in 2005). We were rookies together. Almost five years on the same team ? and then not getting the, I don?t want to say, the respect that we deserved. We paid our dues. But some time this summer (a team will be able) to pay homage to us, I guess.?
Now this is what really got me. Paid your dues? Respect you deserve? Nate, buddy, you are a role player at best and one of the most inconsistent players in the league. You were never disrespected here and were actually a fan favorite to most. Just because you experienced multiple losing seasons doesn?t mean you?re entitled to stick around. You weren?t in our long term plans, but Lee is. No need to be bitter because you?re in a better situation now and have a chance at a ring.

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2010/06/06/nate-robinson-taking-shots-at-knicks-again/

smokes

Huge Member
I think D'antoni likes him to much for them to pass on him. Plus LeBron wouldn't mind getting lee and then waiting till next year to get Carmelo or Kevin Durrant when curry,s contract expires.

Melo is pretty unlikely but Durant is 99% staying in OKC. He already said he wants to remain there and they will surely lock him up to a long term deal after this summers free agency. He is gonna be a top 5 player in this league for the next 5-10 years there's no way they are gonna let him go.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hands-Down!
Nate is a great backup PG inwhich we shouldve kept.
The Celtics is finding that out now.
u have to give it to N8, he made Duhon look decent in Duhon's first season with us.
All we had to do was put together a decent starting-lineup, and Nate, Chandler, and Lee off the bench wouldve did the rest.
We had two favoritism headcoaches in Isiah & Damntoni where their pet-players seem clueless about chemistry (Curry, Zach, Crawford, Marbury vs Duhon, Jefferies, Harrington, Gallo).
Although, destructive Larry Brown was worst than the two coaches above with his million and one lineup changes every week.

Kiyaman

Legend
In a recent interview with AOL Fanhouse, former Knick Nate Robinson took shots at his former team once again, but this time dragging David Lee into this as well.
Now let us dive into the highlights of the interview.
?I?m here now and David, this summer time, he?s looking forward to playing on a team that would want him hopefully,? Robinson told the website.
I guess I missed where Walsh made it clear he didn?t want to bring Lee back? Walsh has always had nothing but positive things to say towards Lee. The issue has always been whether or not we?d be able to afford him this summer, and that is still in question. Lee is an outstanding role player, but he?s not a max contract player. Last offseason I think opened his eyes into his value in the open market, which is why I think he?ll end up staying for a reasonable price so he can finally play with a good cast.
?I wish the best for D. Lee. Me and him came (to New York) as late first-round picks (Robinson going No. 21 and Lee No. 30 in 2005). We were rookies together. Almost five years on the same team ? and then not getting the, I don?t want to say, the respect that we deserved. We paid our dues. But some time this summer (a team will be able) to pay homage to us, I guess.?
Now this is what really got me. Paid your dues? Respect you deserve? Nate, buddy, you are a role player at best and one of the most inconsistent players in the league. You were never disrespected here and were actually a fan favorite to most. Just because you experienced multiple losing seasons doesn?t mean you?re entitled to stick around. You weren?t in our long term plans, but Lee is. No need to be bitter because you?re in a better situation now and have a chance at a ring.

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2010/06/06/nate-robinson-taking-shots-at-knicks-again/

What is this get on N8 week.
Larry Brown, Isiah, Walsh, and Damntoni disrespected Nate & Lee bigtime.
where u been?
Resigning Nate & Lee a couple of days before training camp ....com'on

Starks

Starter
Commenting on worst franchise history ......
I guess u dont recall the era in the mid to late 70's before we drafted Bill Cartwright in 1979. now that was a 5 yr era of open cheap seats in every section of MSG. The ABA Nets Felt Forum was packed.
The Bernard King era & Marbury era were the standing room era in MSG where they raised their price on seats three times in those two players short time as Knicks, when compared to Ewing 1985 to 1999 era of the price going up twice (during Pat Riley & JVG).

During the Isiah era it was Management and Coach that was 80% of the problem.
During Walsh 2 years it was Management and Coach being 90% of the problem by putting all their eggs in one basket to run at a 2010-Plan (tanking two seasons).

Starks.....name me one contract of Isiah's players that wouldve existed after the 2010-11 season?
now think of the contracts of the Isiah's players that wouldve existed in the 2010-11 season?
and the best coach available to showcase those (5) players in one season (2008-9 season)?
Hint: Headcoach Herb Williams, assistant coach Patrick Ewing, Mark Aquire, wouldve had no problems making the playoffs while showcasing certain players in their rotation
SG-Crawford (scorer)
SF-Jefferies (defender)
SF-Chandler (the star winning player)
PF-Zbo (20-10)
C-Curry (scorer)

what point are you trying to make again? This another "fire Dantoni" thing right?

I never understand anything you write man, but for reasons I can't really identify, I think your a great member of the site. Cheers!

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
What is this get on N8 week.
Larry Brown, Isiah, Walsh, and Damntoni disrespected Nate & Lee bigtime.
where u been?
Resigning Nate & Lee a couple of days before training camp ....com'on

i guess it is get on n8 week ....
i just posted it in this thread .. to not make another 1
but yeah i guess that's why when they were free agents no1 gave them a offer ...

Kiya is slowly but surely losing it as the years go on.
I dont know what to make of his rants any more

I Guess thats what the knicks have done to even our greatest fans, turned them into mere shells of their former selves.

Kiya if you need me im here for you.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I thought Nate winning the slam dunk title 3 years running was the best representation the Knicks have had around the league in those 3 years, oh and that Kryptonate outfit, for those 2 reasons alone I miss the little guy.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I miss him. It's a shame some of you forget how well he did in the 2008-2009 season. D'Antoni really lost it the next season.